Register now to get rid of these ads!

Save Your A** on Valentines Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopsaw209, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Times are tight, and lets face it. Women LOVE it if you take the time to make them something. So if you've been spending more $ on the project than your lady like me. grab some sheetmetal, the tinn snipps and go to town. I made this little treat the other day while she was at work and got major points. ZERO $ spent.

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Nice assembly of heart shape patch panels for this day

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm going on 46 years with my highschool sweetheart (50 if you count the dating) and both of us are convinced we have something good goin on. I managed to come up something a little unique (ain't telling;)) for this year and I'm good to go for at least the next 6-8 mos if I know my bride. Nothing as good as DrJ's card by the coffee pot mind you but I try.

Frank

4. aldixie

aldixie

I did the easy thing and bought my wife a new diamond band. In return she bought me a Merc flathead with all the goodies. Its going to be delivered this afternoon. I love my wife.:D

5. Never2low

Never2low

Now there is one hell of a trade off! She gets Bling-Bling and you get bang-bang:D Let me know if you ever get tired off her:p

6. I'm working on the wife's O/T Chrysler for V-day. She digs it. She's happy, I'm happy.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I stayed away from my project , for my wife..
    she didnt ask, and she wouldnt..but for her I spent the day on her.
    Just got back from a Movie and dinner

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Tight times or not women LOVE getting cool thoughtful home made gifts and yours fits the bill many times over. Great idea!:cool:

9. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

My old lady wouldn't go for it.

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I bought my wife flowers and I got 2 stuffed animals for the kids , All and all everything is good. If I didn't get her flowers She'd be upset .Women love flowers .

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahah the first time i bought my wife flowers, i couldnt understand why she was so silent for a while..she finally told me, one day..
    "Honey thank you for the thought, but killing those flowers for me isnt necessary, and i wish you wouldnt do it anymore"

Love that lady. she hates the commercialization of these halmark holidays.

Dinner and a Movie , is a win win for me. even if for no reason. I dont need a holiday to do something nice for her

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  12. Well, My lady and I had Valentines yesterday, cuz she had to work tonight. We did the dinner and movie thing, but Im always in her good books cuz i'll surprise her out of the blue with flowers or what have you, for no reason. Try it, your sex intake shoots right up ;)

13. I treated my hand with some lotion.

14. Doug B

Doug B

It was our 32nd V-day together.We went out to the spaghetti joint for dinner and the watched the Daytona 500. I got her one red rose and a tiny box of candy.It was a nice day.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The girls and I made Jenny cards yesterday. We're uber broke so we did what we could. She loved em. Oh yeah, I made dinner, too. Steaks and mac n cheese.

16. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No doubt boys, Do sweet things out of the blue the rest of the year, not JUST v-day, and your lady will take great care of ya!;)

AND, if there ever a fight or she gets mad at ya, you already have "points" in the bank to use to get you out of trouble! Trust me, especially you younger fellas...

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife would always rather have a living, growing, potted flower or plant. A good alternative to "killing flowers". LOL!

18. big creep

big creep

yea i got suckered into buying her a new phone! but whatever baby wants, baby gets! the things we do for love! life was easier when i was single.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

lol..i win there too..she hates taking care of them..so its my job..
    she would rather have plastic plants;)

shes great..really low maintenance, I love her so much:)

20. Fidget

Fidget

You should start selling those next January. Prob save a lot of guys asses on here!

21. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Great ! my picture caught on fire when I was welding the frame and now im in the dog house for ruining our picture

Just Kidding..... Good Idea

22. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

AW MAN,, YOU GUYS JUST DON'T GET IT. MY SUGAR BUGGER AND I ARE COMMING UP ON 41 YEARS IN APRIL. YESTERDAY I LEFT AT 5: AM AND DROVE 140 MILES TO HAVE TO HAVE BREAKFAST WITH A BUNCH OF HAMBers FROM RICHMOND AND TIDEWATER VA, GO TO A INDOOR CAR SHOW AND MEET AT JOE SMITH'S FLATHEAD PARTS AT THE NEW OWNERS ( DOUG WALKER ) LOCATION . I STOPPED ON THE WAY HOME AT A LOCAL SUPERMARKET AND PICKED UP ONE OF THEIR FAMOUS YELLOW BATTER CHOCLATE CAKES. THIS MORNING MY HONEY ALMOST LOST IT HAVING HER COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR BREAKFAST. SO RIGHT NOW I AM AS HAPPY AS IF I HAD GOOD SENSE. THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS ,GET YOUR LADY WHAT SHE RELLY LIKES AND SHE WILL LOOK OUT FOR YOU. HOWEIRD

23. Glad it met the ladies approval :)

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

gave my wife the clap 13 yrs ago! still has it to this day!! thats love!!! :)

25. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I took your advice & made one just like yours. When she saw the young chick & the wanna-be gangsta, she threw me out of the house.
    Thank's a fuckin' lot!

Just kidding. But those welds do look like shit though. If you loved her- you would have tigged it. ;)

26. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I never get her anything, and that is exactly what she expects, nothing. We've been together 16 years and I've ignored all holidays ever since. I caught hell for the first ten years or so but now it's paying off in spades! I figure I'm off the hook for good. Until she wises up and realizes that she can do way better than me and splits.

27. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes my wife likes home made gifts. But this year i splurged and got her tickets to go see George Straight and Reba at Tulsa . So i am good for the rest of the year well i hope . Well maybe i can step just outside of the doghouse briefly lol.

28. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

My lady is away until Tuesday or Wednesday so one of those days will be Valentine's for us. Got her a card, and going to stripe something for her as a surprise and bake her some cookies or a cake.

She doesn't know it yet but she got me a BIG MUTHA THUMPER cam for Valentine's. Been with her two of the best years of my life, she lets me buy parts for the toy and doesn't mind as long as the bills are paid.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  29. harrydude

harrydude
    from ab

Well I am not sure I should thank you are dis you ...lolol

showed my wife this and shesaid go make me one lolol

so as seeing I got her nothing.....I was good husband and wipped one up...

here is my quicky version...........

me goood till tomorrow...its her birthday:confused:

Attached Files:

30. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

On Friday night my wife and I had all our kids out of the house, we got to snuggle on the couch with a rented movie, and spend some "quality" time together.
    Funny, my 17 yr old daughter "red lighted" (dumped) her long time boyfriend on Valentines day. I was starting to kind of like the guy, dispite the fact he drove some sort of Volkswagon Golf or Rabbit, and told me his Dad owned a garage that only worked on fine German engineered automobles...