Register now to get rid of these ads!

The imfamous V8 Speader Girl II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kellys Hot Rod Parts, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Looks more '70's "Hustler" centerfold than classic '40's/'50's pinup gal to me.like Cadillac Al says,I think the original concept has been misinterpreted.It'd be a bit like putting naked trucker chick mudflaps on the Hirohata.
    Paul

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. Algon

Algon

I agree there is class to the Nash emblems, which is why I mentioned them. This one would be a bigger hit at a truck stop sure, maybe on a pimp's Caddy.:D I don't like it enough to buy it but I'm also not offended by it and appreciate the effort involved to produce it. Honestly if it wasn't a modern item I'd probably think about it...I like Nashes too the 53-55 lady is just my favorite part other than the real thing in the back of one.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah, that's me I guess, first one out. But, I'm fine with that :)

5. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5window,

I lost it when I read this - VERY funny!:p

Thor

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

I always dug Posies....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I stand by my statements made in the original post....

A collector who wants one of these wants an original. When an original is only $600-$800 (it's all relative), why would he want a reproduction at half the price? If he is a true collector and appreciates how rare these are, a reproduction is worthless - especially at half the cost of an original.

Change the design & those collectors & restorers won't pay a premium for a brand new hood ornament that isn't even a reproduction.

The guys who DON'T care that it is a reproduction or that it is a brand new design aren't the same guys that are looking for an original. And I stand by my statement... IMHO, the guys that don't care that they are brand new aren't going to want one at much more than $150.

I think the original is gorgeous. I also think a new design with heels, longer hair, & bigger boobs could be super. There seems to be some interest here above the $150 mark but I'm out beyond that & I believe most people would be too.

Price it higher than $150 & I think you'll have a hard time making your $$$ back.

The "new girl" is awesome (ESPECIALLY the lopsided boobs, really)..... but I'd only want her in the flesh, not in chrome on the hood of my car.

In before the lock...

JH

oliver westlund likes this.
  8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

haha

9. What's with the high heels?
    Wher's the whip and leather straps?

10. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

The original one looked pretty cool. The new one just looks tacky...

11. I ain't no art critic and I have no intention of ever bolting one of these on the hood of my 57, but I still think it's super cool and want one just as a conversation piece. I also really like the posies ones too. As far as not being tasteful gimme a break. It's a fun piece of art. It ain't like the original with a big "8" stuck in her box was gonna be on display in the Louvre either. The big question here is: how much?

12. busch

busch

Dam cool she is
    look me up when they are ready
    1or 2 maybe all depends on price

13. HRS

HRS

Can I get the matching mud-flaps also?

14. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Why is she laying on a towel , did you mean to do that , Or did it just happen to be there? 8)

15. For those of you wondering where the 8 would be, I have made up a quick 8 to show its postion. I am unsure of it size or if we will cast it in the base or make one of brass. Our next project is designing and building the base so she sits up straight on her own .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  16. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I'd buy one if her feet were not so big. Hot chicks with feet that big are usually trannies ! Other than that, great piece !!!

17. Anderson

Anderson

Is that coming from personal experience? :eek:

18. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

19. The originals were made to denote speed, movement and streamline. Nymphs and water goddesses. The one in question here is nice work, but not of the flare or idea of why naked women were used as hood ornaments. But that being said, if you ever bought a Coop naked red devil women sticker, then you would buy this. Big market for it and I hope you sell out. I just love capitalism, especially when it involves naked women.

20. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Who will be the first to buy two of them and mount them 69 style?

21. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

...probably someone with a V-16.

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Man, you keep promising her features will calm down with casting; but those shoes are beyond toxic...... And once again, her mammory deformity is just embarrassing.

That's not even natural, that's all sorts of Quasimodo!

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Better than the barrels ....

24. narlee

narlee

I remember the thread asking what people wanted and this is what they asked for (except the lopsided boobs). Looks like in reality it needs to be toned down.

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahhahaah:D

26. Gator

Gator

A swing and a MISS....

I'd be curious to see how many of the guys that said "count me in" actually pony up the dough.

27. chevyshack

chevyshack

Is she supposed to be "pleasing herself" with that number 8?

28. sawzall

sawzall

Nothing about this recreation has the same class as the original..

29. I have that bootjack, it's from the 1800's and is called "Nuaghty Nellie". And it gets used all the time. ................

30. the-rodster

the-rodster

The "original" has the chick ramming a big 8 in her pussy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.