Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 chevy owners please help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldhunter_2, Jan 31, 2010.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

1931 chevy truck owners please help

ok I have tried to find scale drawings. I have gone and knocked on locals doors but always seems to be fords around here for that early of year :( So now I am just going to ask for some online help!
    I need the following measurements from a 31 chevy truck body (29-33 would do) if anyone can fill in one or all these measurements it would be greatly appreciated . Other HAMB members my find the measurements useful at some point in time also.

Grill:
    Center to center height = ______
    Bottom width just above the roll = __________
    Top width just below the roll = ________

Hood:
    Front to back length = ___________

Firewall :
    bottom width side to side = _____
    Top width just below first roll = ______
    Top width just above first roll = ______
    Height center to center = ______

Windshield body frame :
    Height (Outside dimensions ) = _____
    Width (Outside dimensions ) = _____
    Angle of slope = _____

Doors:

Width Bottom = ______
    Width Middle = ______
    Width Top = ________
    Actual window opening = ______

Tail gate :
    Width = ____
    Height = ____
    Thickness = ____

Frame :
    OD front = ______
    OD middle = _____
    OD rear = _______

Front fenders:
    Length form front to the back where connects to running broad = ____
    Width form next to the grill out to the widest point =______

2. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

are truck and car the same measurements?

3. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

I am pretty sure the body for the sedans and the trucks both 1/2 ton and 1.5 ton where the same during those years form the front door forward, I also believe the frames for the 1/2 ton truck and sedan where the same at 134" wheel base but the 1.5 ton was longer 154" wheel base but the side to side measurements should be similar

you got to remember 31 was the first year chevy started making there own body's and they didn't change to much form the earlier body designs until 34

4. crash11049

crash11049

5. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

Now see if I was to ask this about a ford everyone would have there tape measure out ...lol

6. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

Mine's tucked in the barn for the winter. I'm not sure how quickly you need it, but after it warms up I could get you some measurements

7. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

I am in no big of rush, I'd appreciate if you could when it warms up if no one has by then

(sorry I sometimes forget other places have winter...lol)

8. I don't think what I have left of my 31 roadster would do you much good. I'm not even sure the grill shell is 31.
    But, when you get the data, I'd appreciate it if you could share it with me.
    Thanks

9. kisam

kisam

Have you tried posting this at Vintage Chevy Club? There are a lot of good people on there.
    http://www.vcca.org/

10. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

cruzincougar,
    I would be glad to share it once I get it :) that the reason I typed out the first post that way thought it would be good to have the info filled in so if anyone else every searched for it it would be in this thread

kisam,
    no I have not posted there yet I have tried a few boards and even a vintage 31 chevy truck page, I spoke with the web site owner and he didn't have the info or any early prints for the earlier year trucks at all............ he also asked if I find the info to pass it along to him:)

11. crash11049

crash11049

I am puting together a truck, from a sedane cowl and doors.
    I don't know if it was a 2 door or 4.
    so I don't know if what I have would be usefull for measurements to you or not. If you think they might be of any use let me know.
    I need the width of the doors at the rear when they are closed for my project.
    Good luck

12. How long are the doors? That's how you will be able to tell if it was a 2 or 4 door, Coach (2 door) are longer than the 4 door Sedan.

13. crash11049

crash11049

sorry goldhunter 2 for hijacking the post and Thanks 29 Bowtie for your reply, my doors are 35.5" wide between the 2 body lines. I have been wondering what they were off of, a 2 door or 4.
    Goldhunter 2 My 2nd post that I made on the HAMB was how wide is a 1931 chevy tailgate...
    and I got "0" answers.
    funny but it seems that 31 chevy owners cant use a tape measure, and if your looking for information you should have started a Ford project.

14. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

Crash your post isn't hijacking it is still helps get info . yes the 31 (especially the trucks) seem to be fewer around and harder to get some types of info for , but really who wants a ford ...lol

15. Well the 29 sedan (4-door) are 281/4" wide and the coach doors are 35.5" wide.

16. I know it's an old post but I recently started working on a '31 Coach and the doors are 35 3/8 wide. The body lines are different each year. I found the 29/30 I forget which it was, is about 1/2 inch shorter in width.
    door1.jpg door2.jpg