Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Bender Ford T-Bolt Gigi

[​IMG]

2. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Does anyone have pictures of the Cook Motor Co. Thunderbolt from GA.
    It was later raced by Bill Dismuke. I think he has the car now but was wanting to see an orginal picture of it and who orginally drove it.

3. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

re pic of poss. Alderman car

Yes that is the car....I ran across a pic of the car last night on a website and the wheels caught my eye. They id'd the car as such.

4. dlshady

dlshady

64Cyclone, have you ever stopped to analyze your photo collection and see just how many of the original cars you have? I think it would make an impressive display to see one photo of each of the original 100 cars in their early "as raced" paint schemes. I'm fairly sure that there are a few of the cars for which these photos either don't exist or haven't yet surfaced, but I'd be curious how many are out there.

Deron

5. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Being a factory roundy rounder, it may of never had side trim installed at the factory.

Regards,
    Dennis

6. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Altered wheelbase car, what a rear quarter move!

Originally Damerow Ford - automatic car- Bill Ireland's.
    Car is gone, scrapped.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

7. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

It would be nice to see what all of them looked like in 1964, however alot of the pics out there are from later in the 64 season and even later in the 60s after the cars were repainted or changed hands. Thanks to sites like this, T-Bolt owners and fans...many of the cars can be identified and linked to the original dealers/drivers. Unfortunately, some cars will never be seen.

Oh and I had to do a count....right at 600 T-Bolt pics (not clones) of 89 different cars. Some pics are duplicates. I've been collecting them a long time but just recently got them organized.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  8. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Duffy Haremaker - Linda England. Duffy was unbelievable, one could call him a legend. That was the former Holmes Ford - Des Plaines IL car.

Duffy bought the car from Brent Hajek. This car (red one) although the wheelbase measured 115.5", which his correct, the rear axle was moved up and the control arms and struts were pulled forward. The car looked funny, I pulled my blue car along side it and we figured it out.

White car, I wonder what happened to the aluminum bumper?

Gurhan Ford? I think that should be Emrhae Ford.

The Joe Brown Ford T-Bolt is still around in IN.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

9. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

The 65 car went back to Ford and was scrapped.

Surprised no one to date has ever located or documented the whereabouts, still in existance, scrapped, etc..., of the 64 car.

Regards,
    Dennis

10. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I thought it was nine, if you count the M/T Hemi car.

The only mention I've seen on those cars were in National Dragster and am not sure if a photo even appeared. Both cars are MIA's.

I've heard stories of a couple T-Bolts going to Australia or NZ many years ago. I did come across a 63 Ltwt in HI, so I guess it's possible.

Regards,
    Dennis

11. Anyone have any idea what happened to the Joniec car?

12. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I asked Al that question years ago, and he did not know. I think the car belonged to the dealership, not Joniec. Another MIA.

Have you checked with Rich, Dink, or Charlie?

Regards,
    Dennis

13. Dennis,
    Is the red car the one Hajek had awhile ago.

14. Hey Dennis I found one MIA car this week, I can't find them all....:D

15. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

If "awhile ago" is over 27 years ago, then the answer is yes.

Brent sold the red car to Duffy then bought the Poole & Aitken T-Bolt all on the same day.

Regards,
    Dennis

16. dlshady

dlshady

What color was that car when Bill Ireland raced it? All I've ever seen is B&W photos of it.

Deron

17. dlshady

dlshady

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Whaaaaaat?

18. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

One? That's all. LOL!!!

Regards,
    Dennis

19. Still have 3 of the 4 rear window tabs from Ireland's former car. After the car ran with the altered wheelbase configuration the body was eventually removed from its original unibody frame work and mounted onto a square tube frame. Shortly after, the Fairlane body would be replaced with a Cougar body. The other T-bolt in question that ran out of the B.C. area is still I believe MIA (Les Ritchey).

20. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I had no idea that the convenience store was the showroom. Yes, it's an insurance office now. The front of the old service building is finally finished off nice. I wonder why only half of it was knocked down? I also had no idea that Bridenthal sold two Thunderbolts till I found this thread. I thought it seemed strange that such a small dealership got two of them. Dennis K. pointed out that the size of the dealer didn't matter, a lot of them went to people who raced 63 427 Galaxies.

When did the dealership close? Is the block building in the 1921 picture in your album the service building? Thanks for the info, KRH.

21. dlshady

dlshady

I know these two cars have been discussed here before but I don't think anyone came to any conclusions on the first one, and the discussion of Humpin' Henry turned into a discussion of a couple other cars with the same name. Does anyone know anything about the first car? Note the dixie flag and the Texas flag above the 427 door emblem. Those might provide some clues. And was it ever determined exactly which car Humpin Henry started life as?

Thanks,
    Deron

Attached Files:

22. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I think burgundy. I think there is a "flash" of it at the Wnats S/S parade on 1320 Feet.

Regards,
    Dennis

23. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Re first car - Texas Thunderbolt, the origin is currently unknown. These photos appear to be circa 1966.

Re second car. The Humpin car is Beaty Ford - Midland TX - automatic car. I believe this was a Brian Burnett "restoration". Somehow however, the hulk escaped.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

24. dlshady

dlshady

Dennis,

Is the photo of the restored white car you posted the Emrhae Ford car that was on eBay a few years ago?

Deron

25. Falconred

Falconred

This is a little off topic but I have been wondering about a T-bolt NSS in PA. I was working in that area earlier last year and I had to go somewhere (I wish I could remember which trip) and ran across a shop with a couple of Mopars out side and a trailer with a Burgundy T-Bolt NSS painted on the side. This was close to a railroad bridge is all I remember. I wished I had had enough sense to write down the name but I didn't and to this day I have pulled my hair out trying to remember. Any Help???? What T-Bolt NSS are out of PA? It may have been down close to State College.

26. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

No. The white photo is a picture of the H&E red car (Holmes Ford) found on the Kruse auction site around May 2009.

Regards,
    Dennis

27. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

I have looking for that car for 20yrs. First time I saw the car it was an auto.Swenson Frord car

28. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

Here is a pic from atco i think the car in the other lane is the 63 1/2 swenson car

Attached Files:

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Rick Hearn Courtesy Ford

[​IMG]

30. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Don Leddy Delta Ford (yeah a crappy pic but the only one I have other than more current ones off of Craig Sutton's site)

[​IMG]