Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2010 Roll Call, Meet & Greet, & other useful info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 4, 2010.

1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

That sucks man! I'll have to make a note to catch up with ya at the Roundup though!

2. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

see you all on Sat

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah, the funniest part is that totaling my late model truck is what got me the money to be able to go. :D Of course getting half what I paid 3 years ago sucked.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, the crowds on Friday are smaller.

Thanks for the headsup. I had heard the news but didn't know when. So are you taking about Friday or Saturday??

If you are serious about attending PM Roadstar. He is in charge of the lower level and if there is an extra spot he'll know about it.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I did, he's all out. They're full and he's already trying to find room for a couple others that were in on time. I know it's my bad I should have sent it in and taken my chance with the $50. Oh well... my bad.

6. i'll be there some time..hell ,maybe all 3 days..not sure....won't be bringing Lil Beast, as bad as i want to..and thought i'ld have it ready to go...money, life ect ..got in the way ..and or lack of it....thought last year we'ld be ready by this year...:(:(:(.......

7. DUH!!!

The award will be presented on Saturday after the 3:00 Auction....

8. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

I'll be there, for my first time! :D I can't wait, hope to see some of you around Cobo.

9. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

The family and I will be there all day Saturday.

10. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Just got a room. I decided I couldn'd see enough in one day, especially with a 4 hr drive each way. I'm coming by my self, wife has to work. So I hope to meet some HAMBERS to keep me entertained. OR to entertain. I'll be the guy that looks lost, and will probably walking around with my mouth hanging open. in awh. :D

11. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

See you on Thursday for set-up.Lets just hope the weather is good.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Last year we wore t-shirts on Thursday as we drove Megan's Chevy downtown for setup. The year before I had my snowmobile suit on as I drove my Oldsmobile down for setup.....it's ALWAYS a crapshoot.:D

13. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Pray for NO snow Im taking the 36 this year and I want to drive it down. I will not drive it down if there is salt on the roads.

see you there:)

14. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Well,I am too late to get a spot. They are turning away cars,ect that actually had their entry in on time. The guy told me that they were worried that they would not have enough entries but as it turned out,there are vehicles coming from all over the country including a lot of them from the west coast. He also said that there are 30 vehicles entered into the Ridler competition.
    There isn't even room for a motorcycle so they are definitely out of room. I would still like to come and go through all the cars. Someone said that there are too many to go through in one day. Is that true? I PMed to see if there are still rooms at the Holiday Inn but haven't heard back from him yet. I am really looking forward to seeing everything and hopefully meeting some of you at the show. I realize I am pretty new here but have been around cars all my life. I actually own an automotive repair facility so I must love cars. ;) It has been a long time since I have done anything older than what we typically work on and I gotta tell you that I am enjoying working on my old truck whenever we have a slow time during the day. I had forgotten how my fun it can be even if it is a lot of work. I will enjoy seeing what all fellow HAMBers are doing with their vehicles.
    I thought it would be fun to take something there to show off and that is why I was thinking about taking one of the bikes to show. I guess I forgot to tell you all that I also have a bike shop where we work on bikes and sell them as well. I am one of 4 dealers for Orange County Choppers. I realize that has nothing to do with HAMB but it is fun to ride a chopper and the ne I was going to bring is an absolute hoot to ride.
    Anyway,hope to meet some of you.

15. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Wow,I forgot to ask about pinstriping. If I was to bring a oil tank and gas tank for a bike I am building,is it possible to get it pinstriped? If so,how do they do it? Is it a donation or what? It would be really cool to get it done so I could get this bike done as I have been building it for a couple of years now. Does anyone know the particulars and whether or not I could get this done there? Thanks jim

16. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

We will be there at Singlefinger also,bringin the truck. I think Me and Ed will be there Wednesday night helpin Larry sneak some stuff in, then all day Thursday to help setup. My brother is flyin in from Brazil but he will only be able to make it Sunday. See you there!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  17. I'm not sure how the Mavens are going to handle requests but the Chicago BrushMasters and the Pinstripe Legends up in Milwaukee will generally try to accommodate special requests. Just remember the stripers are paying their own travel expenses and donating their time to come to Autorama to create artwork to be sold at auction for the benefit of Leader Dogs for the Blind. So with that in mind a generous donation is all it that is usually required, so expect to pay more than the going rate. Of course the advantage to you is that you can choose from 125 stripers!

Maybe one of the Mavens can chime in here, Moose???

18. vert1940

vert1940

five of us coming up on saturday..only two on the hamb.we will look for you!

19. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

That's good with me as I don't mind donating for a good cause. I have no idea what it costs to have pinstriping done as I have never had anything done. Basically it would be a bike fuel tank,front fender and oil tank. Any ideas as to what would be the right donation for something like that? Also,do I just carry this in with me in a box or something? Thanks Jim

20. We will be taking requests.For those that would like their cel phone striped,there will be special hours set aside for doing just that.I'm sure we could handle doing the parts but you might have a problem getting them into the show if they aren't purged(gas tank I'm referring to).

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

22. Clark

Clark

A bunch of us are coming from this area. Is 75 or whatever that highway that has been closed for the past 2 years open yet?
    Clark

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, it's open. See ya here!

24. LIke Larry and Ray said there will be "MANY" Stripers there to offer service. As far as your donation amount in the past we kinda left it up to your generosity. As Larry stated we all come to the event at our own expence to offer art to benifit a worthy cause. Our goal is to make as much money for the Charity as we can so bring lots of "green" and we will sling lots of paint.

See ya there

Tim

25. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

What i have to be done is pretty simple,just outline some ghost flames. There is a guy around here that has,what i think is a Pontiac wagon,and it is pinstriped all over it but I don't know how to get ahold of him.
    Anyway,what are you guys pinstriping that you are auctioning? I have plenty of bike tins as I also have a motorcycle shop. It is a small shop but I have quite a few things lying around that would be cool to pinstripe and auction it off for the charity. Would it be cool to bring something along to donate that could be striped and used for the auction? I mean I would still pay to have my things striped. It's just that I am always up for a good cause. let me know.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

His name is Ray Smith AKA Safariknut here on the HAMB, (see this same thread) and not only is he one of the main men at the Pinstripers Jamboree BUT he is the one being honored on Saturday after the 3pm auction.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=456

27. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Very cool. I have seen him around for years. he has been in our shop striping a car for a body shop that we were doing some front end work on. I couldn't believe how simple he made it look. It is always cool to see someone getting honored for doing something he loves.

28. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there. No car (shut up, I hear ya!) but I'll bring a gallon of Apple Pie.

29. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

If any of you spot an old guy in a "Berry Fabrication And Engineering " shirt, Stop him and say "Hi". It`ll be me. J.B.

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I was surprised you could hear my eyes roll from there! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

I'll still talk to you and drink your apple pie AGAIN, even though you won't have a car there.....again. :p