Register now to get rid of these ads!

club jackets from American Rebel Jacket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.R-Sims Garage, Feb 10, 2010.

1. J.R-Sims Garage

J.R-Sims Garage
    from Australia

gday guys, what type of jacket from american rebel jackets is the closest to the ones the clubs such as burbank choppers wear or shifters?
    cheers J.r

2. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

not the style I like. I like the high school jacket look

4. Well, that's a "Varsity" or "Lettermans" jacket.
    [​IMG]

5. Or, this is my car club type jacket. I prefer this style to the one with stretchy collar and cuffs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Who makes this jacket?

7. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Delong fingertip coat. Delong is no longer in business but thats the style your looking for.

8. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Delong went out of business, last year

9. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

most jacket shops (the place we all got letterman jackets in high school) also make these. some call them "stadium jackets" or atleast thats what the place here calls them. I got our clubs custom made with stiching on the back for 160 a piece and they are basically the identical style as the choppers, shifters, rumblers, and etc etc etc.

Settlemeirs, portland oregon.. they're on the web. last i heard they were trying to get a bite in the nostalgia market and made some of these jackets for the something that had to do with Half Moon Bay drag strip (seriously bad ass jacket, hangs on the wall in their store, i want it so bad!), they've made jackets for the Grand National before, and so on and on and on...

10. I heard DeLong was getting back up.....

11. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Well, be that as it may, the guy wanted to know what kind of jacket those guys wore.

here's the greenspan's link to the collared clicker/stadium coat if anyone's interested.
    http://greenspansstore.com/category.sc?categoryId=19

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010

12. ......nice jacket brother.....was that a new jacket or a old vintage one you used?? Thanks.

13. Photos please:D

14. New about 5 yrs ago

15. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Check American Rebel,just got mine made great

16. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Delong is back...I ordered some stuff not too long ago.

My account info was sold to the new owners and they are good to deal with.

Same stuff, just different people.

17. Silva

Silva

Your looking for fingertip/surcoat.

Check It....WWW.silvasportswear.com

We were dealers for Delong until their demise,and it is true they were bought by Daden group a large sportswear company.

18. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

the jackets that the Choppers & Shifters rock are NOT Clickers, they are know as a "Sur-Coat" or a "Finger-Tip" , both are derived from varsity high school jackets of a hip or fingertip length.
    A Clicker is/WAS a brand of jacket made by The Lakeland Sporting Wear Co. A Clicker is much heavier & normally insulated, they have side adjustment tabs as well.

Varsity Sur-Coats or Finger tips came in all wool or wool w/leather sleeves.
    DeLong was a famous manufacturer of this style of coat since the 1950's, sadly, they are out of business now.

Silva Clothing & American Rebel as well as most high school sports wear dealers can get the old surcoat/finger tip style still today. My Baby Joe I think sells a style of it, but they are more like a Clicker.

My older brother (Cheaterrome) is a vintage clothing nerd, so I have been force fed this crap most of my adult life.

Stay real honkeys,

Cheatercarl

19. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I got the THEM! coats made and did them for my club and did some other coats.

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also just did some Red Cap "Ike" style coats for my club.

[​IMG]

20. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The Silvia stuff for example is is from a company started by former Delong employess called Rock Creek Athletics, I recognize the catalog.

Like CheaterCarl said all the coat companies do them.

Delong now is owned by Daden and like I said is up and in business.

PM me if you want any more info...

21. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Thanks Carl, correct you are and thanks for the clear up. i too have been into the vintage clothing thing, though not nerdy enough i guess :D. I knew about the Lakeland co. and i had always assumed that 'clicker' was sort of like saying "kleenex", or "Xerox" instead of tissue, and photocopy. Ya learn something new everyday, thank you my friend.

22. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

23. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

After getting a pretty high quote from American Rebel, I did some recon work and found they use Rennoc Classic coats...I went to our local embroidery shop and they made them up for a drastic dollar difference....Rennoc makes the coats you want with different options on the color, collars, cuffs, and snaps etc.
    I wish I had seen those snap cuffs before! I like those.

24. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

You used to have to have a business etc. to set up a direct account, I do not know if that is the case now.

I have the current catalog but it is the same as the old Delong one pretty much.

I need an updated price list though, I think they just went up not too long ago.

25. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I don't know what the name brand or what it was called but we called them Carcoats you know just like "Steal Your Carcoat" from American Graffiti.
    The late 50's early 60's was when we wore them and I remember snapping the bottom around the back of the chair seat of the guy that wore one in a classroom, ya see the school desk would stand up when the guy would get up from his seat...funny stuff.... well for a 16 year old!

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

that's the problem, having a problem getting them. Cuffed sleeves and knit seem to be easy, the snaps, not so much.

27. here is a recent American Rebel..came out killer..

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      509.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      345.5 KB
      Views:
  28. After looking at the gold jacket further ,No problem on the french cuff with snap..simple cut -in a hemmed edge

Albie

29. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The gray one in my pictures I posted has snaps...they have always been an option.

30. Byron Crump

Byron Crump