Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So, who is coming to "Billetproof" Florida? Come on, stand up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 25, 2010.

1. edweird

edweird

me and a couple of friends are going as spectators. got to leave the 37 home this year. no job, no [fun] money! HELL! NO MONEY PERIOD!

2. edweird

edweird

i would like to introduce my self to you there!

3. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

The show is shaping up real well. Who else are we gonna' see this year?

4. Rain_man

Rain_man

ill be there no 61 but me and the wife in the (dear i say honda on the h.a.m.b.).
    next year the 61 will deffetly be ready
    so is the swap meet good (i need parts)
    this will be my first time
    so hope to see you all there

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am planning on being there but it will be with the 39 again. Just not able to finish off the Model A. The other thing is I will be staying in the Kissimmee area. I would love to follow out a few of you guys being I have no idea where I am going........lol. The other thing is if I go to the pre-party I may have to sleep in the 39 for the night because I am not driving the car back and forth it likes to heat up every now and then.....lol. Anyway I can not wait to get there and see everyone.

6. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Got my Pre-reg back, #143, and have a room at the I-75 & Archer Rd. Sleep Inn. Driving up Friday with Mrs. Grandadeo. Son Tim (thx-138jr) and family following. Being February guess we'll do the layered clothing thing for the drive up, and keep a few blankets in the roadster. It is North Florida.

Lee

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well is there anyone I can follow up to the show from the Kissimmee area or am I running solo.......

8. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Glen we're gonna try to make it! It depends on the paycheck that week!

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

I understand that brother, I've been without a job since April. I hope it works out for you.

10. antivenom

antivenom
    from tampa

We plan on coming, with or without the 51.

11. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Yeah dude, I may be changing jobs, and if I do, I know I won't make it! Ya'll post plenty of pics!

12. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Nope! Sorry to the " Poor Boys " its got nothing to do with you all, you all have busted your ass from the beginning on this show! I blame it on the management! Best of luck to the Poor Boys, but something comes to mind about too big for britches...

13. Choptop

Choptop

this kind of thing always amazes me.

Blame what on the management? That fact that LOTS of people like hot rods and want to come to the show?

Bigger location so we dont have to turn people away - check
    LOWERED the price - check
    more bands - check
    more vendors - check

and someone will come up with something to complain about...just amazing.

sigh... oh well... people come up with all kinds of weird stuff.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  14. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

wish I could make it but have to stay around the shop, but a few of the other Eliminators from waco are heading out

15. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Got the Bel Air street legal, registered, and insured. So I am going to try and make it with that car, if I am not there it's because something blew up!

16. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Part of the big draw was the museum! No check there!
    More vendors? There was vendor space empty at Garlits! No check again.
    More bands? What is this La La F'n Palooza! Again No Check!
    Lowered the price to who the car show registrants, ok but with no access to the museum what would you have offered them if you kept the price the same!
    But what about the general public, arent they now being charged to see what has been a "Free" car show?
    I go to a car show to see cars and hang with friends, a DJ is plenty and would save you money! Hell every band I know hates playing outside anyway.
    Enough for now I gotta go builld a mini bike...

17. prost34

prost34

figures,i always tell myself i will have one of my projects done for the next one,,,looks like i will be another walk in :cool:,unless i can change my 66 ford into a 61?:rolleyes:

18. Choptop

Choptop

I'm still not getting what you are blaming on management.

I guess I'll never know.

anyway... you cant please everyone and no matter what someone will complain about something (often times several people will complain about the same thing from different angles at the same time):

it moved/stayed in the same location
    its not/is the same as last year
    there are more/less/the same/different bands
    there are too many/not enough cars
    there are too many/not enough vendors
    the price went up/down (yes, some people get upset the price went down, go figure)
    there are too many/not enough spectators

good to see some things never change. :D

coming to the show is always a value judgment and I never begrudge anyones decision. If the fun you get out of coming to the show isnt worth the time and effort to come, then dont come. If its the fun you have is more than the effort, than its worth it and you should come. I set the stage for everyone to have a good time, the rest is up to those that show up.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  19. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

You only have 14 days to get those cars ready to go!!
    Looking forward to it>
    Robert

20. I don't think I'll be able to make it DAM IT. Have to work that weekend... who knows maybe I can trade with someone or call in. :(

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Getting closer!!!!

22. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I'll be there, but I'm still undecided as to whether I'll be dragging any bicycles or mini bikes with me this time. My truck needs tires and my stuff probably won't fit in my brother's car.

24. Choptop

Choptop

well, then they would be.... *wait for it*.... well hung!!!!

*rimshot*

teeeee-heeee!!!! sometimes I kill me... ahhhhhhh... I'll be here all week folks, dont forget to tip those waitresses!!!

25. THEKID49

THEKID49

Sorry not gonna make it this year. Not enough pennies in the piggy bank since I'm driving the Hudson out to Texas for the Lonestar Roundup. See ya at the drags in the fall.

26. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Watch the roads around Houston. I don't think their DOT knows how to use smooth and road in the same sentence. Drove out last year and even with the rain we had a ball.

Lee

27. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

It feels like it is taking longer than I want to get here.

29. chevyshack

chevyshack

Im looking forward to it this year even though i said i wouldnt go back last year. I just wish it was closer to Tallahassee and still free. I do agree that you could do away with the bands. Last years bands sucked anyways. In my opinion. They sounded to rockabilly like. What ever happened to the beach boys, hermans hermits, or even the mommas and the poppas? I just hate rockabilly music. But this is the best show close to me all year. Dont know about emarld cost in panama. Havent gotten out there yet.

30. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Wish I could be there with you guys this year, but you know, the economy. Anyway I will be in Orlando March 16 to 19 for training. Might get some spare time while I'm there.