Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anybody have any info on these cars? 1956 f100 El Monte CA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959 FORD, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I was wondering if anybody out there has any info on these 2 fords. The 56 F100 was my grandfathers (Arthur Ray Webb) that he bought used in 57 or 58 from a dealer on atlantic blvd in CAit was stock when he bought it. he used to live in El Monte and run all around so cal to all the hot spots. the pics of the truck are from 58 before he lowered it. he sold it in about 59 or 60 because my grandma couldnt reach the pedals, and he kicks himself for sellin it. I knowabout every nut n bolt of this truck so if you have questions just ask id like to find this truck and see what time has done to her. and see if she is for sale. if not just some current pics will do.
    The 34 was owned by two brothers who owned/ran the mobil station in El Monte Ca. they were friends of my grandfather and they all used to work on the race car at the station. i was told it had a early hemi in it.
    i would really appreciate anyones help in locating these two ford that i have been told about my whole life. thank you in advance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tank

Tank

Sorry, cant help you. But that 3 window is killer!

3. eric

eric

Bttt cause those are two rad cars!!
    hope you find some more info and definitly some more pics!

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I love that truck! Please tell me you have some more pictures?

5. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Sorry for no info but I'll ask around relatives still in the SGV. Lived near Ann Legore school when real little (mid-70s), remember some folks up the street on Elrovia near the fire station had a pare of Burgundy '53-56 Ford panels.
    Was that Mobilgas where the 76 station is or was, near the airport? great pics, thanks for sharing!

6. Sorry to say that i cant help you either, but those two cars are bad ass!!

7. thanks alot for all your help guys. i dont have any more pics of these cars but i do have some of his other cars. as soon as i can get to a scanner ill post em.

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Killer! More photos, please.

9. ill try to get to a scanner n get some more pics up soon.
    is there a way to trace the lic plate? its visible in the first pic.
    thanks again guys, id really like to find this truck for my Pops, hes turnin 75 this year
    and the dr. took his driving privleges away so he gave his truck to my lil brother for christmas. he been drivin since he was 12! i was very suprised he did that, now hes very sad, driving hot rod trucks was his thing.
    now if hed only give up that full snap-on box like he promised me!

10. i think it WAS near the airport, near or on Tyler. If you look close u can see the RR crossing.

11. willburton7

willburton7

Love that truck. I would like to see the both of them now

12. Dzus

Dzus

Truck deja vu. Could this be the same truck later in Hot Rod Magazine August 1973? There was a feature on the F100 in the lower right corner. From what I remember it was black, same exhaust, same interior. I'll try and dig through my mountain of magazines to find it.

Found magazine. Now I'm not so sure. Another black small window 56 F100. Same exhaust. Lotsa chrome. Different white interior. '73 article says this one was owned by John P. Fuller of the Pomona chapter of the Pickups Limited Southern California, and had the rig for nine years. That would mean he bought it in '64. Hmm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  13. VanHorton

VanHorton

looks an awful lot like this 33/34 to me...can even almost make out the exhaust exiting just behind the hood...

[​IMG]

14. troylee

troylee

For sale ! I'll take it.

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ditto! fuckers awesome!:eek:

16. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

[​IMG]

That has got to be the same car. Same exhaust, same nose, same bend in the A pillar..... thats it

17. Oh yeah! thats gotta be it! Ill show pops the pic n see what he says. As for the 56 ill have to see what i can dig up with this new info.
    Thanks alot guys, keep diggin!

18. Tank

Tank

Man that 3 window is killer! I love that thing, wonder what the asking price was?

19. i just bought the that magazine on ebay, ill let u know whai i find. thanks!

20. Dzus

Dzus

Pickups Limited still exists and could be a great resource.
    http://www.pickupslimited.com/
    Contact the club and have them send out feelers to the old timers. Even if John Fuller's '56 is not the same black '56 someone may know about your gramps '56.

21. cabinet maker

cabinet maker
    from seattle wa

the car was owned by the Teresa bros and Ceneca and ran a lfathead on fuel at pomona and san gabriel race track. one of the Tereesa brothers was my math teacher at Baldwin Park high , was the next town over form El monte.

22. VanHorton

VanHorton

That is rad cabinet maker you recognize the car?

23. well Pops said that last name DOES ring a bell! so I think were on the right track guys! Thank fellas!

DZUS- drafting a msg to pickups limited as we speak. thank for link.

24. YUP! That is definitly the car, how do I know??? cuz thats Pops in the back! Black jeans and blue tshirt.