Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, you grew up in Livonia?? I did as well, still here. Lori Bates was a classmate of mine. We'd head there after the bars closed as well....maybe 1980-1990 or so. Those counter ladies put up with alot of shit from the drunks for sure. I went to Bentley.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Don't forget Busches on So. Tac. Way and racing was done on Point Fosdick in Gig Harbor before it grew up.

3. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Must be that age thing with me again. One of those streets was State :)

Sound like a mightly short cruise for you guys in the 90s! Used to live at the end of EastBay drive, up above the lumber mills.

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Nice, my dad grew up on that side of town over on Brawne street. State goes West 4th goes East. They dont cruise at all anymore.

5. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Oh and can't forget cruzin Point Defiance park for hours on end every sunny weekend.There was a guy with a gasser style competition orange corvair with a 427 if I remember right.Miss those days

6. brewsir

brewsir

We used to cruise main in Garden city Ks in the late 70's and then I moved to Canon City Co. and cruised main there too until the mid 80's when I joined the navy

7. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Acushnet Ave. New Bedford,MA in the mid to late 80's. It was THE place to cruise and check out fast cars and girls to match.

8. 296ardun

296ardun

Must have passed you, drove Colorado Blvd from Bobs to Henry's, 61 until the Navy got me in '64, past the Powerine station where we all gathered to brag about how fast we were...had a yellow 30 roadster with an Olds....the real heros (or fools, take your pick) blasted down the alley in back of Bob's, until the cops staked it out....

9. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

North Main St in Walnut Creek, Ca

10. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Yo Dude" Ocean and "H" for me also maybe a couple years earlier 1963-1967. First car was 55 Chevy Belair, sold it to a guy that made a Gasser out of it and painted shit yellow. Last time I was there which was 20 years ago it was still in town parked on "A" street. Then had a 57 Chevy, Forrest Green with E/T Mags, Black tuck and roll, until the summer of 67 when Uncle Sam took me. My good buddy Art Eldridge used to run Lompoc in a 55 Ford that he built up until he left in September 67 to go play with uncle Sam. I think it was Dark Blue or two tone I have picture of it somewhere. I used to work at the 76 station on Ocean and A in 66. Also, the Car wash down by the shopping center and then at Vandenberg. Got out of the Navy in 1970 had 64 Goat that funny looking red persiman or something like that and a 455 Grand Sport White with a Black Vinal Top. Left there in the early 70's for the last timebut was driving a Falcon Gasser, Dark green, with Built 327, 13:1's, Isky 502, with a Muncie. Also cruised Santa Maria and Santa Barbara and Ventura, and Camarillo. Sounds Like you are the same age as my little brother he used to drive a 57 Chevy Wagon also Forrest Green.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  11. I know it may be hard to believe, but we used to tear up the streets of Minneapolis, back in the 80s! There were lotsa mullets, chicks with acid washed jeans, & blue camaros everywhere! We'd hit the lakes, as well Hopkins strip, n central n Lowry, shitloads of muscle cars, & I got sick of it! Until now! We go "cruise" now, & I park my model a, get a bag of popcorn, & wish I could go "back"!! Nobody would be cought dead In a Honda except some hippie! & we used to beat them up! Ahhh memories!

12. Nelsen Motorsports

Nelsen Motorsports

Zebulon, Rd, Macon, GA, is where its at.

13. gary9202

gary9202

Cruised Clearwater Beach, Florida (the strip)

14. Butch M

Butch M

Douglas st Wichita KS.

15. jasone

jasone

Let's see, back in high school it was Whittier Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Laurel Canyon, street races on San Fernando Rd. in Sylmar, Ventura Blvd, Arby's in Reseda, and the target rich Alemany High School for the nice catholic girls.

16. Joe King

Joe King

Downtown Bremerton

but mostly water street in Port Townsend

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  17. fatdaddy4speed

fatdaddy4speed
    from wa state

The Esplanade in Chico CA. 1968-70

18. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

The mall in Madisonville, KY

19. Brett88

Brett88
    from ILLINOIS

Genesee St in downtown Waukegan, IL.

20. Mooney Blvd. in Visalia, CA. Short cruise was Tulare st. to the Pep Boys and the long one was from COS to Caldwell, the town pretty much ended there back in the '70s except for the "Crows Nest" a dive bar with Heckle and Jeckle on the sign. Good times. Oh, and don't forget headin' out to 320! ;)

21. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

El Camino Real - Santa Clara and San Mateo. Till it became "Unlawful" and started handing out tickets about 1985.

22. banjo

banjo

davenport iowa, the 'ones' 4th st, 4 lanes west, 3rd st, 4 lanes east. most of the action was on 4th st west of filmore, but if it was serious, highway 22.

23. j-dogg

j-dogg

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, Greenback Ln in Citrus Heights late 80's -early 90's. Everything from minitrucks, bugs, lowriders, and hotrods. It was the place to go in Sacramento.

24. xon

xon
    from detroit

telegraph road,west side version of woodward, from west chicago to goddard,not a toyota,datsun,honda in site...lots of mullets and parachute pants..and the cars were starting to get rough..hard michigan winters...

25. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early 60's in Pittsfield, Ma - Up North St. to Bradford, back to North via Union, south and park in front of Liggett"s Rexall Drugs. Start the loop again by going around Park Square, to North, etc. vic

26. 73super

73super

My time frame too... and I love hearing that you're out there again. As soon as my '49 is ready I will be too... only with family in tow this time! Wow.. didn't expect this kind of response with this thread. I'm loving hearing all the stories.

27. NuzzyFipples

NuzzyFipples

Fort Worth, TX - Camp Bowie 1986 - 1988.
    Every once in a while my friends and I would cruise down to Northside Dr and hit the Stockyards and sneak into the clubs. Always a crowd around there, especially with Billy Bob's. Man, those were the days.

Attached Files:

28. beernut

beernut
    from solvang

hey t-rod did your 57 have a -i love my hooker headers- sticker on the front fender?,
    i remember seeing a dark green 57 cruising back in the day ,also a wicked 69 camaro with a candy red paint job that had silver base and gold base flames under the candy
    my 55 was rootbeer brown,and i was a little younger than you i guess,
    i got my 65 chevelle from andy francis ,it was very dark blue(looked black)
    sat up high,had a cross-ram intake ,327,4-speed:cool:
    anyone else here in lompoc?,iam old (56) but still trying to have some fun and have a 55 and a 56 now

29. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

The court house square down hwy 21 to the methodist church parking lot behind the dairy queen to the news papers parking lot to hwy 75 north and south past the old high school to the new high school in Madisonville Texas it was our world wasted tires wasted gas what fun !! Old plymouth could burn both !!

30. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Late 70's through the early 80's Tampa FL on Gandy Blvd and Dale Mabry Hwy, Burger King and Steak N Shake. We had a Frisch's Big Boy but it closed before i got my license.