Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Late 80's Geneva on the lake Ohio

2. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Alliance, NE in 61-63 during high school...Box Butte Ave from first to 11th, up and down all weekend...then in Denver, CO in 64-65, ...16th street and 17th street, this was all in my 32 Ford 5w (still have it)

3. Ashcraft

Ashcraft
    from Colorado

We cruised in the 60s with our old, underpowered junk. Later on, in the 80s, I built a 1968 Mustang GT fastback 390 into a potent package. Took it downtown one night just to see what was happening.

They're right when they say "you can't go back". :(

4. A place in downtown Kannapolis, NC was called "Idiot Circle" an was packed every weekend in the 70's. I drove a '65 Fairlane Sports Coupe that I built (289, auto).

5. skars56s

skars56s

Was raised in Westchester (Los Angeles) and in the 60's cruised Hawthorne Blvd. and made the loop from the Witch Stand to the A&W. Also did most of the other So. Cal. hot spots. "Those were the days".

6. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Main st in Greenville SC then the city council wanted to stop all the cruising

7. We cruised "idiot circle" in the late 60's. Dale Earnhardt was there then too. Before he was famous.

8. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Shit man we may have known each other and forgot....since were so old....;)....I have always been happy that his car was never "re-done" and I hope it never is....that's some serious Pasadena History there..... he photographed everything.....

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]

This is what I was driving back then. Lived in Arcadia until 1973...

[​IMG]

10. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

Denver Colorado I would cruise Federal, Colfax, and Broadway. Shit wasn't the kind if cruising I wanted. Too much trouble!!!

11. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

In Enid Oklahoma we were "Draggin' Van Buren" (81 Highway when it was in the citty limits). The A&W was the place to cirlcle. On any Saturday night it could take you twenty minutes to make the circle all the way around. It was the place to see and be seen.

12. aircoup

aircoup

fourth st santa rosa ca and east washington blvd petaluma ca where american graffiti WAS filmed

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Back in the early to mid 80's my buddies and I usually cruised Main and Locust streets in Canton ILL. Sometimes we would drive over to Peoria and cruise Main st. from University to Adams. One night in Peoria I burned the clutch up in my 57 Chevy, going up the hill on Main. The cars were bumper to bumper.

Attached Files:

14. 46 rat

46 rat
    from clever mo

Grew up in OZARK MO. We cruised springfield mo. It was part of the old RUOTE 66. Its not some today.

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dang it man what happened? I cruised 4th and state here in Olympia for years, it was bumper to bumper till 95 . Get in your cars damn it!! They cant ticket us all!! Lets bring it back.

16. Minor Problem

Minor Problem

Late 60's I cruised main street in Festus,Mo in my 67 Mustang GT.

17. dertybert

dertybert
    from Wichita KS

Draggin' Douglas, Wichita, KS.

18. 61 chevy

61 chevy

wallace N C, small town usa,at some of the drive ends,only 2, you could get a beer and a fight at the same time, :D

19. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

"The Strand" in Redondo and Hermosa Beach, South Bay.

20. SOCAl boy in the mid-70's. Cruised Whittier Blvd., Van Nuys Blvd., Colorado and Valley Blvds in their last heydays. Sometimes out to Hawthorne Blvd. (if looking for a race.) Occasionally to the broiler on Firestone Blvd. All if we could siphon enough gas out of family, friends or strangers cars.

21. colorado51

colorado51

West Colfax in Lakewood Colorado. We were out there almost every summer weekend in my 66 Impala SS or my V8 Vega cruising or parking in the Super Shops parking lot. If we had a race, we would go up to Ridge Road in Wheatridge.

Before that we would cruise around the Westminster Mall, anyone else remember that?

Good times.

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I started the program and taught Photography at Arcadia High School '71 -'76...it is a small world....

23. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

WOW...I graduated from AHS in 1968. In 1971-72 I was at Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara.......been in Sierra Madre since 1973

24. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Olympia, WA, 60's. Loop from the westside Eagans, up 4th to Eagans East then back down 4th to start over. Then they built Kings in the middle of it all.
    Blue '62 409 Impala SS

25. txskinney

txskinney
    from West Texas

Big Spring, Tx In the 70,s we cruised 4<SUP>th</SUP> st to the Wagon Wheel Drive-in at Birdwell ( where all the Air man hung out) then up 3th st to Gregg to the Sonic Drive in(where the high school hung out).

26. Whittier bl-ela, mount vernon -san bernardino, savors-oxnard, legg lake-so el monte, montebello park-montebello, avenue 46? Park- off the pasadena fwy

27. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Did the same in the 50's but ran the main until 10 and then went to Fresno and Stan's drive inn for the roveing reporter on the radio. Stayed untill the cops ran us back to Merced. Never did anything but tell us to go back home. Wish it was the same now.

28. burt21

burt21

Hwy 10 in newport from bridge to a&w and back from late 60s to seventys

29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Main street Campbellsville Ky late 80s

30. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Rad, nobody goes out at all the Eagans are still there, as for the drive in its a supermarket. Heck by the 90s we only ran from Eastbay drive to the bottom of the hill and back up.