Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. wallygator

wallygator

Born and raised in Merced,Ca. Main St. was the Drag but my old man was a cop in town and one of his only rules for me was "Keep your ass off Main", So it was McHenry Ave. in Modesto or Blackstone in Fresno for me. This was in the late 80's early 90's, Trust me,Main St. Merced would have been alot safer.

2. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

mid-late 70's MacArthur Blvd Springfield Illinois
    Paseo de la Reforma Mexico City Mexico
    Far Hills/Wayne/Wilmington Aves Dayton/Centerville/Kettering Ohio

3. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

highway 100 has been the cruise spot for a while here in Milwaukee area, alot of import shit out there,very few muscle cars and no hot rods or kustoms at all that i have seen. I do know from what my dad and his buddys have told me Wisconsin ave in downtown Milwaukee was the place to be in the 60's and 70's.........

4. oilcangarage

oilcangarage
    from N. Spokane

Probably saw you but so many cars were always there!!... it was hard to miss my '37, chopped, channeled, tilt, ice blue with white ghost arctic warrior half naked women on each 1/4 panel. Usually had my pet iguana on my crushed velvet dash (he liked the heater) Thought I was soo cool...
    It was great time to cruise... muscle cars were a dime a dozen. Had a 66 Vette and a 68 Chevelle SS also!! Didnt spend more than 2k on any of them!!

5. edweird

edweird

Jefferies blvd. WALTERBORO, S.C. MID TO LATE 70'S.DIDNT KNOW HOW GOOD I HAD IT BACK THEN.i was driven my dads 71 chevy van. LT-1 350, 3;73 posi. i remember getting someone to get btween the two swivel bucket seats as we were riding through town. then i'd stop at a traffic light. when it turned green i'd nail it, and roll there ass all the way to the back doors.IT HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE! we'd laugh our ass off! OH YEA! THOSE WERE THE DAYS! THAT VAN WAS A RUNNIN SUM BICH!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. ugotpk

ugotpk

#1 Van Nuys Blvd, L.A.
    #2 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego
    #3 Main St, El Cajon.
    Left rubber on every one of them. Yes the cops hated my 500hp Mustang GT
    No I have not stopped as of yet. Maybe in my 60's I'll grow up. But don't hold your breath.

7. myrides

myrides
    from SC

Cruized Colby Ave. in Everett, Wa.in 69 and 70 in a 55 150 set up like a gasser I guess had no front bumper and a chome bar between the frame horns slicks on the back.with painted rims and mags on front.Also went to Golden Gardens until they closed it for raceing.

8. I graduated in 68 and I cruised my 58 Belair and then my new 68 Chevelle around Commack High on Long Island (NY), down by Jericho Tpke, Buddy Burgers, the drive in, and LI Arena where the NY Ducks hockey team used to play and Dr J when he first came on to the basketball scene ..... I drove my 68 Chevelle Malibu in to the ground chasing women and going to school (in that order) throughout LI and NY state.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

early '70s E street in San Bernardino, late '70s Market St in Riverside.

Lots of drag racing on North Main bordering Riverside/Rialto in the late 70s. CHP broke it up pretty much for good around '78.
    They sent undercovers into the crowd and wrote down all the license plate numbers of anyone who raced then converged on the lot en mass and made everyone leave single file as they looked for cars on the list. Those guys wwent to jail and lost their cars. That pretty much ended it for that location.

10. oilcangarage

oilcangarage
    from N. Spokane

Colby Ave in Everett Wa. was shut down in the early 80's, not only by police roadblocks but the city actually reconstructed about a 6 block area downtown into a series of 'S' curves to stop light to light drags. End of an era...

11. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Mainstreet in downtown Plymouth was pretty lame.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  12. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Riverside Ca.
    From Tuxies, Kings, Rubys [later Merle,s] drive in's, to E street Berdoo

Dave M. Poly '57

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  13. chris55

chris55

Woodman Dr. Dayton Oh.

14. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Indianapolis...Madison Ave. (TeePee, Steak and Shake). 16th Street (The Pole) Al Greens, Tee Pee North, Mug and Bun, Steer In. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

15. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Castro Valley Blvd, Fremont Blvd & the El camino Blvd in Santa clara & Redwood city Ca
    back in the 80's those were the hot spots. Back in the late 70's I would ride my bike down East 14th.

16. Not as bad as the A&P in Brighton, once Plymouth was shut down.
    The courthouse- Warren and Curtis- Telegraph between Plymouth and Michigan...

I didn't really cruise that much. I had a girlfriend, we had "other" things to do. :)

JK

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Fremont Blvd in Fremont California starting about 1975 or 76. cruised on my bicycle before that.

sometimes we'd go to East 14th in San Leandro, or Livermore, or El Camino. but Fremont was the best. lots of street racing going on out by the drag strip back in those days.

18. High St from Worthington south to Arcadia ave (Columbus Ohio)across to Indianola then north again to Johns Drive Inn.. on north to Morse Rd back over to High st and on north back to Worthington....Lots of good drag races along the way.This was early 50's

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  19. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Colfax Ave. in Denver.

20. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

The loop in downtown St Paul and up to the Av (university) into the sliderville and back out do it all nite sat go to minn dragways on sun morn

21. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Balboa Peninsula, Bal Island and Merles Drive in in Newport Beach and everywhere
    around here.'A lot in Long Beach and Bellflower area also.

22. Gene@Gearworksmfg

Gene@Gearworksmfg

Back in the mid to late 90s Here in IL
    (Fri & Sat):
    103rd and Stone Island - South side Chicago
    75th and Lemont -Downers grove
    Roselle and Wise -Roselle
    Barrington and Irving-schuamburg
    Grand and Manheim (weds) -franklin park
    Busse Woods (Sun) Schaumburg

Mostly the Friday and Sat nights were for the street racing crowd.

quick85 likes this.
  23. Puyallup, Wa 80-84, then St Paul MN university ave-Porky's

24. evolvo

evolvo
    from Seattle

Hot Shoppes Drive In, Wheaton Plaza, Wheaton, Maryland.

25. forty1

forty1

BacK in the Day ( late 60-early 70's ) we cruised the 2 mile strip of MAIN AVE. in DURANGO, COLORADO..
    -41-

26. chopped

chopped

The same Telegraph, but in the 60's.

27. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

evolvo, did you ever cruise the Mighty Moe in Queenstown Md or the one on the corner of eastwest hwy & rt 410. I use to hit them all the time in the late ' 5o's & early ' 60's.

Bobbyd

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yakima Avenue, Yakima, Wa in the early/mid 60's From Naches Ave to the Freezer and back. I had to fill the tank back up on more then one Friday night there.

The Renton Loop in Renton, Wa summer of 1966 and June and early July 67 until Unk Sam decided I needed to spend two years in uniform. In those days there might be several hundred or more cars on the loop on any weekend night. Dags in Renton was a rolling car show for hours on end in those days.

29. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

In Seattle, it was Golden Gardens park. Voted 3rd largest illegal drag strip in the nation be Playboy in 1966. If the cops closed it down early we would run North to Colby ave. in Everett, or South to the Renton loop. By '75 the cops were coming in to the Gardens every night and writing hundreds of tickets a night. Within a few weeks it was a ghost town, and has been since. It wouldn't have happened if we could have policed ourselves.....

30. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

Story & King San Jose Cali where it all started. Till the gang shit F@#% it all up.
    Drove around till the sun came up.. YEA BABY!!! Story & King SAN JO.