Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Mustang II, both price and product?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Mine's a stock mustang II out of a mustang II. It handles great.

2. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

I have a Fatman fab kit.. Install was easy.. havent gotten to test it out yet tho.

3. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

If your interested in a Jim Weimer Rod Garage setup, let me know. I sell them and have gotten great response. I have installed quite a few, and they really are a nice piece and they are quite affordable.

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Installed a Chassis Eng. on my 51 Chevy, very easy. The A-arms for the CE kit came from Heidts! What does that tell you? Would like to have given my business to Charlotte's Fatman, but was advised by numerous Goodguys showing off their 49-54 Chevys to go bolt-on instead of weld. Something to do about frame flex?

5. do a search, air bags were traditional...there is numerous threads about this

in my opinon a car looks 10x better with air bags and a low stance, I plan on doing the same thing when I get my hands on a '53 or '54 chevy

6. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I have a brand new set of Rotors for a mustang 2 spindle smaller 9" I think for a Chevy bolt pattern welcome to have them if you pay the shipping. ~S tired of looking at them.

7. goshawks00

goshawks00
    from Saline, Mi

OK guys to carry this a little farther, what bags are you using with the Must. II front end?
    Thanks,
    Barry

8. hotdamn

hotdamn

my frame flexes just as much now as it did with a stock front end.

those frames are fairly thin to begin with a have a couple inches of flex from the factory.

and like I said earlier you can LOW with the fatmans front end pretty easy.:D:D:D

9. farmer12

farmer12

Bought the m2 set up from Heidts with shockwave 3.0 bags. Not the cheapest kit but definitely good quality. Started installing it this week and all seems to be coming together well. My 2c.

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

New Hot Rod Deluxe issue p.76 has article "1967: A Lost Custom" about a '50 Chevy. It's draggin'. One of the photos has this caption:

"Ganahl suspects this is one of the earliest cars to feature hydraulic suspension, a forecast of many lowriders to come."

Oh, and the original article from 1967 was written by Tom McMullen, who went on to start Street Rodder magazine. Now I'm sure there's some of you mobsters who would break out in a rash if the word Lowrider were thrown around on this forum. My point is that I think that back in the day the spirit of adventure and experimentation was alive and well in the hotrod/custom scene. Lots of funky shit out there from back in the day.

Is the '50 Chevy that McMullen wrote about a traditional custom ? Hydraulics?
    You tell me.:eek:

11. air lift dominator 2600's are my favorite bags to use, and their made right in Lansing,Michigan which another reason I support them

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pinstriping on the tophats? Man, that is fantastic! Great job.

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know enough to know if what these guys were saying is right. Apparently not. Can't say it ever made real sense to me.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have installed a bunch from TCI. No complaints. I would likely now use Welder Series, now that I know that they exist.

Oh and I think I will make this my signature: "Air ride is period-correct all the way back to the 1930's, with 'dead-ringers' for today's parts dating back to the mid-1950's."

Research before opening mouth.

15. 13CATS

13CATS
    from Tucson,az

I am waiting for U.P.S. to deliver my No Limit front suspension. Rolling a 54 chevy 150 2 dr sedan. Will let you know how it goes. Plus pics.

16. Brickster

Brickster

Art Morrison.

17. fatkoop

fatkoop

2x on Art Morrison. I have his IFS under my '36 coupe and it is one of the best designed I've seen.

18. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Fatman in my Studebaker, drives great, love it. 20,000 miles.

19. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

I bought my TCI front end from Todd at Walton Fabrications & I have to say Todd is a stand up guy. God knows I have called him enough times with questions & he has always been helpful. Unfortunately the TCI instructions leave a lot to be desired but I think a lot of these front end suppliers are that way.The lay person like me who doesn't do this for a living will invariable have questions. Thankfully I bought from someone who is willing to help.

Bobbyd

20. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

13Cats post up the pics as soon as you get em!

21. Jim Weimer kit , aired out.

Attached Files:

22. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Awesome Chopped! Looks great!

23. Art Morrison is what Iam going to use in my '29 Dodge project . We have used their products building drag cars and found their prices fair , their product great , and their support great as well. And for me they are reasonably close. My two cents, Rob.

24. hotdamn

hotdamn

thanks!

25. charmedlife

charmedlife
    from Wisconsin

Jim Weimer Rod Garage.... ask for Eric. Very competetive prices and easy to work with..... maybe it's cuz he's the singer in my band. :) Tell him I referred ya.
    -Jesse

26. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree, Todd Walton is fantastic. You're dealing with the owner who really cares. Bought my MII from Chassis Engineering, well done but a little attitude regarding follow-up questions, not real helpful.

Got my tranny X-member & leaf spring kit from Walton, even ordered my Currie 9" through Waton 'cause Todd helped me figure out the best set-up for my project. He's the best. :)

27. 55chevr

55chevr

I used a Heidt's on the 40 Ford .... easy to install and it came out perfect ... I bought a donor Mustang2 front end for the a-arms and rack ... This is the way to go for a driver .... Joe

28. Marcia

Marcia

Got my Fatman's put together. They were easy to talk to, I called them 3 or 4 times with questions. They forgot to send the anti rattle clips for the brake pads but they sent them out the day I called. I would deal with them any day.

Attached Files:

29. grey goose 51

grey goose 51
    from la

i found that heidts mustang IIs work the best if you are planning on air bagging it, because the crossmember doesnt hang down as much as others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.