Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

2. spiertb

spiertb

If you look closely at the front fender of the Wendle Ford car of Jim Durham--you'll see the name "Two Swabbies" i.e. sailors

3. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Former Dobbs Ferry Ford car when Jerry Caminito ran it with a cammer.

Regards,
    Dennis

4. dlshady

dlshady

Two other photos of the same car. Was it also Caminito's car when it was blue with "Silencer" on the quarters? Any other history on it?

Deron

Attached Files:

5. Falconred

Falconred

Dennis, I can't find them right now but I had an Atlanta news paper article showing them testing a '64 HM Fairlane at Atlanta Int. Raceway back in '64. I would imagine they were full dress roundy-round cars with all the usual equipment. I wouldn't think (pure conjecture on my part) they would convert all the cars before a couple of prototypes were tested. They found that the top design wasn't aerodynamic enough, sort of like the '62 Galaxys.

Bonner liked the Hardtops, if you remember when his first '62 lightweight was wrecked in a towing accident, he took the lightweight parts and put them on a hardtop body.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. spiertb

spiertb

I've got an old pic from a Performance Ford magazine showing a T-Bolt as owned and raced by Ricart Ford when new?? Anyone know anything about that car. I don't have the ability to post pics. If someone sent me their e-mail address I'd forward them some T-Bolt pics. Thanks. Sylvanus [email protected]

7. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

If you have scanned the pic and saved it to your computer, you can attach the pic below the "reply to thread" screen in the "additional options" down below v

8. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

The former Rockenfield Ford car, been owned by Pete Ricart for maybe 20 years or so. It was for sale last summer, not cheap.

Regards,
    Dennis

9. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

It was Far Rockaway Ford when it was blue, owned by Bob Bowen? till about 1966.

The car was totaled in a towing accident on the way to being sold, around 1968.

Regards,
    Dennis

10. apound

apound

This is really interesting hearing about all the T-bolts. Thanks everyone especially you Dennis. Lots of good info.

11. Dennis knows more about these cars than anyone and he has two of them!!
    Hey Dennis, when are you starting that book???:D

12. dlshady

dlshady

Dennis has probably forgotten more about these cars than most of us will ever know... :eek: I'm just thankful that he's patient enough to take the time to answer all the questions!

Deron

13. dlshady

dlshady

Here are a couple photos that spiertb wanted posted. The first one is a photo that he took in the late 60's or early 70's at either Indy or E-Town. The second is the Ricart car, which Dennis has identified as the Rockenfield car and the third is a photo I had of the same car earlier in life. The fourth is a photo of the Read Mullan car that I had asked about earlier in the week.

Deron

Attached Files:

14. apound

apound

He has been very helpful to me in researching my car. Thanks again Dennis.

15. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

A sharp NSS Thunderbolt replica...he needs to bring that bumper up a bit

[​IMG]

16. Is this bumper up enough?
    Responce to 64Cyclone----

Picture Credit to the FEForum

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

lol....I meant mounted higher! Good one :D

18. Race Artist

Race Artist

Bernie Golick, who was the mechanic on the Dobbs Ferry car told me that the Far Rockaway car was the Dobbs Ferry car.
    Joel

19. Race Artist

Race Artist

The only 1964 vintage photo of a T-Bolt with the bumper in the stock position that I recall was the Hi-Risers car.
    Joel

20. Race Artist

Race Artist

Here's one that I copied out of one of the old drag racing newspapers while doing some research. All that I know of it is what the caption says. Somehow I forgot to note the paper and dates. I do believe that it was 1965 though. Possibly Steve Honnell's car?
    Joel

Attached Files:

21. Joel,
    This is Phil Bonner's second or "white" car. Gene Wilson is driving it here, probably in '65. It was originally an automatic car but quickly switched to a 4-speed. It also got the AWB treatment. Here is another shot of it.

Attached Files:

22. I posted this on the FordFe.com. It came from CompetitionPlus.com and was taken as it shows by Roger Richards.

The shot is of John Calvert's (Cal-Tracs) new AA/S T-bolt replica. He debuted it today in Vegas testing for the Winter Nats. Most likely this will be the fastest naturally aspirated in NHRA Stock Eliminator when the bugs are worked out. 427HR with a 4-speed on a 9" tire.:D

23. 65COMET

65COMET

Jody;John has been running hard on 9" tires for many years.He runs a 9" on his SS, 68,4-speed, Cobra Jet,where he could run any size slick he wanted.John is one of the most meticulous racers I know,he will work on clutch settings all day if it takes that long for him to be satisfied!His "new",T-Bolt looks awsome!! ROY

24. dlshady

dlshady

Indeed it does!

Deron

25. dlshady

dlshady

I've seen several black and white shots of this car but no color. It would apear to be a light metallic color, possibly gold or silver, but b&w pictures can be very deceiving. Anybody out there know for sure?

Deron

26. Race Artist

Race Artist

The Prodigal car as pictured was silver. I've seen a color picture of it.
    Joel

27. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Re photo "outdated T-Bolt at Indy". At first I thought that was T-Bolt-Too, but I think it may be the Rockenfield Ford car. Perhaps in high resolution more could be seen?

Looks like it has a fiberglass front bumper, note the roll bar, absence of inner stove pipes/headlamp doors, and shackel bars on the rear spring. Don't recall ever seeing shackel bars on a T-Bolt.

Attached is a photo of T-Bolt Too later on.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

28. suchadrag

suchadrag

doublehdragstrip.com site has link to color youtube video that shows this car for a few seconds. It's the link to the film taken by Roy Smith.

29. dlshady

dlshady

Thanks for the link. I just spent a couple hours going over the site and there's some great info there. What I wouldn't give to have been around during those days!

Deron

30. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone