Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Mustang II, both price and product?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Hey guys and gals,

With tax return season upon us, I have full intention of finally ordering my '53 Chevy a Mustang II setup with air bags. Im curious what everyone's opinion is of what is the best unit for the best price. I have read every topic I can find on here via the search, and have poked around over at 50chevy.com as well. Seems the choices are Fatman, Chassis Engineering, TCI and No Limit Engineering. I like the look and the price of the No Limit setup, Ive heard mixed opinions on the quality of the instructions though. Any help and guidance is very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Jaison

2. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

No opinions on this one guys? Help me out here.

3. Used a Heidts on the 36 I had. Instructions must have been good for me to get it done......

4. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Heidts,Fatman & CE ya can't go wrong with any of these.

5. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Welder Series Inc. has some good products if you have the skill set to follow directions, measure & weld ....... you can check some of there stuff on youtube ..... oh .... they are ALSO a HAMB Alliance member that gives a discounts.

PACO

6. Mustang II? Airbags? Might have to find myself a more traditional forum.... :rolleyes:

7. i used jim Weimer rod garage Must II, $1800 shipped, goes all the way to the ground.

8. have you talked to Vaphead? I got a good deal from him on my 38 Chev coupe IFS.

9. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Thanks for the ideas so far guys!!

10. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Welder Series is the way to go!

11. skidsteer

skidsteer

Just a suggestion, if you join the HAMB, you will get a discount on those that advertise here, could more than pay for itself with a MII setup.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't know if anyone else does it this way but you can get an "ultra low" crossmember for 49-54's at Fatman Fabrications. it puts the crossmemeber flat on the frame rather than 2" off which makes it 2" lower.

also you can go from bags to springs without changing the lower A-arm should you ever get tired of bags with thier tubular A-Arms.

13. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I used a Heidts and i'm the cheapest son bitch you will ever meet.

scotts52 likes this.
  14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I used a stock one right out of a V-8 Must II. $50 plus a rebuild kit. went in my '46 like it was meant to be there and has been there for over 15 years.

Vin-tin likes this.
  15. Wicked50

Wicked50

Hey Chopped how you do you like your JW kit I have one ready to install on my AD truck?

16. brandoni

brandoni

I run the Fatman kit and have no complaints. Like stated above you can choose the ultra low crossmember if preferred and the customer service has been great

17. killbilly

killbilly

Jim Weimer Rod Garage,quality is exceptional,they are good people to deal with

18. sluggo88

sluggo88
    from upland ca

HI Guys
    Walton Fabrication here, I sell the TCI unit, I use this front end in many applictions and works well, we can offer this front end with air bags for $1894.00, includes free shipping, free sway bar, free power rack and pinion, tubular upper and lower arms, gm rotors, gm calipers.
    Check us out !
    909-931-9548 and ask for Todd

19. hotdamn

hotdamn

I worked at Fat Man's for a good while, haven't been there in about 2 years so this is in no way a plug.

But I will say that I feel they have the best crossmember in the biz for my taste.

their crossmember is 5/16 wall tubing not a box full of 3/16 plate that you have to weld together like the hiedt's and some of the other cheaper ones.

remember sometimes you get what you pay for.
    also the A arms are polished stainless and look very nice and like 49 was saying earlier all you have to do to convert your front to bags is unbolt the cup in the center of the lower A arm and bolt in a bag bracket, then drill a 3/8 hole in the top and bolt in a bag and you are done.

also you get great customer service and if you have any problems they will almost always absorb it.

and also like 49 was saying you can get the ultra low which puts you 2" closer to the ground right out the gate then I think for like a $100 or so extra get a set of 2" dropped spindles.

this is the set up I have on my 54 bel air (with a manual rack, I don't like power steering pumps on 235's..) and I love it.

one of the best things I have ever done to that car.

just my 2 cents...

lemondana likes this.
  20. hotdamn

hotdamn

54 031.jpg

fifty four 020.jpg

fifty four 022.jpg

fifty four 023.jpg

54 004.jpg

here are a couple of pics of my MII after installation and also one of my car from the side so you can see ride height.

this is an ultra low with 2" dropped spindles and stock v-6 springs with no shocks on it yet.

21. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

I totally agree with all of the above. I love fatman. they go in so great.
    (and we sell mustang II)

22. Marcia

Marcia

I was wondering what MII to go with and a buddy said you get the Fatmans and I 'll install it for you. He has installed several and everyone is very happy with them. He welded mine in last weekend and it went in pretty slick. I ordered the whole kit it was just under 2,000 with shipping and I'm really cheep but this will be worth it.

23. Chubby Chassis out of Golden Valley Az. has a sweet kit.. He uses the crossmemner as an expansion chamber for better ride quailty..

On the other hand.. sluggo88's offer is a damn good deal.. I have done business with todd and he is a great guy.. On time with the rught stuff..

24. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, I hear you man.:confused::rolleyes:

26. Hey wicked, I've only installed the kit so far, i haven't driven it yet but as far as quality and ease if install, it's all good.Really nice stuff, and it goes as low as anybodys car needs to, any lower and the oil pan would touch the ground.

27. rockguy92

rockguy92

Art Morrison has a good unit - not the cheapest around, but quality stuff.
    The Rock

28. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

I installed a No Limit setup on my truck, but haven't got it on the road yet. I like their quality of parts. Took a little fab to get it in, but well worth the price. It'll lay frame with two inch drop spindles.

29. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I installed a TCI MII hub-to-hub kit in my 55.5 Chebby truck. Although the instructions are worthless, I was able to get er done pretty easily. The truck handles like a go-cart now, and sits in da weeds. I'd recommend TCI. I added a rear gusset to put the lower pivot bolt in double-shear. I think this little additional safety item is a good idea. Anyway, hope this helps.

30. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks very much for all the plugs... Please call if you have any questions. 1-888-648-2150

dw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.