Register now to get rid of these ads!

KS Pittman RIP.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33HEMI, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Sad news, saw him at Milan in 1989.

Attached Files:

2. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

3. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

RIP -KS, you will be missed. My condolences.

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Very sad news, my condolances to the Pitman family.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

There goes another one.

6. oj

oj

Some legands never die, he will always be with us.

7. i too had the chance to meet KS at the east coast drag times reunion in henderson , nc.
    it would be the last reunion he attended, and when i heard that he along with the S&S Parts Company gassers were being inducted into the hall of fame,had to attend....i met him in the lobby of the hotel hosting the show and told him how i really liked his 33 willy's. after signing an autograph, i told him that my brother mike jr. & gene altizer took the 33 willy's across country in the early 60's to california to be fitted with the motor & b&m trans....i was 18 yrs. old & begged my mom to let me go with jr. & gene,but alas, she would not relent, saying, no 18 yr.old needs to be galavanting all over the country with a couple of grown (21)men....i am like a kid in a candy shop when i get together with gene altizer & he breaks out his picture scrapbook of the trip ,and tells of the adventure they had for almost all summer in california....pat

8. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I've got this same handout that I had him sign for me at a NDRA meet in Seattle years ago. Great guy to talk to. Sorry to hear of his passing

[​IMG]

9. Lost1

Lost1

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

11. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

First time I met K.S. was in 1968, my Dad and him use to match race back here in the east. I remember the first time they raced, it was like my Dad was racing the "King"....and thats exactly who K.S. was....the KING of AA/GS..! Over the next decades, I had a chance to be able to call K.S. a friend, and I cherish that. He was not only a legend, he was my hero. As hard as it is to know, he's gone, its comforting to know he's in a better place. I'm sure my Dad and K.S. will get chance to line up once again..................God Speed..K.S.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 33HEMI

33HEMI

The services will be in Mineral Wells, Texas. 11:00AM Wednesday February 10

Baum Carlock Bumgardner Funeral Home
    302 W. Hubbard

13. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

We plan on having the K.S. tribute car there as well...........

[​IMG]

14. slammed

slammed

Don't lift untill you pass St. Peter, Mr. Pitman.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

R.I.P. I never got to meet him or get an autograph but he was one of the guys that I always tried to check on to see how he did in the races he was entered in.

16. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Rocky that`s a nice thing to do, have a safe journey Sir.

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    Just reading this made me tear up. What a wonderful thing to do. That will mean so much to LaVaun. You are a great person rocky:) Please hug LaVaun for us.
    Wanda and Larry

18. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

May God rest your soul K.S.

19. R.I.P. you will be remembered eternally.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    We just got off the phone with freddy bear. He doesn't want you to get in trouble on the way out so he wants you to stop and pick him and dave up. Oh by the way, you will need to stop at the fort worth airport and pick up johnny rocca. If you have any questions call freddy bear. Have a very safe trip and take care.
    Wanda and Larry

21. violet springs

violet springs

I was lucky enough to meet KS and have him sign my hat at the 2002 Gasser Reunion. Rest in peace. KS
    [​IMG]

22. rockguy92

rockguy92

After reading about his afflictions, I feel he will be much happier and I know he is in a far better place than we are. May God rest him and comfort his family. He will be missed.
    The Rock

23. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

RIP KS - prayers inbound from AZ

24. blackout

blackout

25. frank spittle

frank spittle

KS and LaVaun attended several drag race reunions I organized back in the 90s and the picture of them on page 4 was one of them when he was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Honor. He loved being around old friends and LaVaun loved being around her man. Although I did not get to know him personally until my reunions he always made me feel like an old friend. May God be with his family.

26. krooser

krooser

27. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

K.S. was it...that WAS his name. Pretty cool. (as told to me by LaVaun Pittman, K.S.'s wife)

28. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Thanks Paul and Wanda,

Like I posted on gas fx, its something I feel should be done to honor a true legend and friend. Everytime the tribute car goes down the track, it'll have a whole new meaning to me.

Rocky

29. aircoup

aircoup

another great one damn

30. FEBCO

FEBCO

KS was a one off model....we are so fortunate to have known, raced, partied, and shared his life....he is already missed.....thankfully Rocky is taking David, Johnny, and I along to the celebration of his life in Texas with the KS 33 Willys.....
    As some of you know last year I was lucky enough to be asked to race the KS car some by Bill and Rocky with KS's blessing .....it was really fun last year.....but this year when asked I am going to have to do my very best, because now I know he'll be watching me and I don't want to let him down....
    Thank you KS for everything.....Fred Bear