Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geo Poteet ..New Truck @ GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krobe

Krobe

Kickass as usual...

2. Didn't think I'd like it, louvers are supposed to be back ground, not jewelry, but the detail on that p'up was amazing. We spent a lot of time walking around and just looking the nuances.
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness, didn't have enough!

3. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I like his cars and he must be a neat guy but this one is way to busy.

4. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Bitchen truck but it made me dizzy looking at it.

5. chopz56

chopz56

Man this guy has to way much cool shit.........i think i will offer myself up to take something of his hands for him!

6. It's still ugly.

7. Babe Ruth didn't hit a homerun every time he batted,but he was still a class act...

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Somebody liked it.

9. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey George! I'll take it! Tons of Work & A Class Display! Tks! Bill

10. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep it is ........:D:confused:

11. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

I agree with the looking at it from the "traditional hot rod/custom" lens but I think with the biggest problem with this truck is that people just dont get it yet its not a traditional hot rod its something different something then what everyone expects. Its not really suppose to be like what we usually see on here which i admit there are some pretty killer lookin cars on here I just dont think anyone really knows the indiana look yet. I dont know what everyone else thinks about what I just said, but my uncle is the one who built this truck and the talent he has is amazing!!! I think the truck looks absoultly bitchin!!! Keep up the good work uncle brian!!!

12. BISHOP

BISHOP

The Indiana look, thats what it is. Funny.

13. it received the 2010 Blackie Geijan Award of Excellence,,,that's saying a lot.HRP

14. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

I missed all the hooplah this truck created here (been out of town) and have had time to look at all the pics. You can solidly add me to the like column on this one. It is a great looking truck! The detail pics are a bit overwhelming but when you stand back and take it all in I think it is well done. If I were to change anything I might have painted the rims green with yellow pinstripes instead of the way they currently are. Again, well done, I think this truck will age well too.

15. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

When I first saw the photos, before going to GNRS, my thoughts were "that looks kinda cool". When I finally saw it on Friday at the show I was really disappointed. Granted, it is different, but as stated earlier, it has too much of a 'Bling' factor. The workmanship is flawless with an abundance of details. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work for me, sorry. I love some of his earlier cars, my two favorites are the '32 sedan delivery and the '34 built by rollin' bones.

16. McKee

McKee

Not a chance,...ugly babies grow into ugly adults,...I'm living proof!

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It does grow on you when you see photos of it from back a ways where you can see the whole truck. And since it isn't one of those "icon vehicles" that heaven forbid can't be changed or people will march in the street George can always have it repainted and have a bit less bling if the mood strikes him. It is probably one of only two or three rods that I have ever seen that I thought looked better before it was painted and detailed. There are way more things to like about it than dislike and I know I will spend many more hours checking the build photos and if I ended up with a pot load of money I know right where I would be headed to have the car that has bounced around in the back of my head for the past 25 years built.

18. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I agree and would like to hear it run.

19. Someone said that it looks like a cross between a rat rod and a Mexican silver saddle.

20. Weasel

Weasel

It looks like someone checked the "All of the above" box. Outstanding fabrication and workmanship but you cannot see the wood for the trees. Paint all the louvers and rivets and let the rest of the details speak for themselves. It had the potential to be a stunning class act until the bling overkilled it.

It looks like a prototype for Pep Boys crap - find your bling louvers 'n rivets right next to the stick on fake portholes. Why shout when you can be heard perfectly clearly with a whisper? What a shame.

21. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Yes, it's like the hood on the Bishop/Tardel roadster

22. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hadn't made any comments on the truck because all of the pictures that I've seen have
    been closeups of the bling. After looking at all of the pictures that were taken, you didn't
    see very many that you could really see what the truck really looks like. This profile picture
    is really kool. Yes she is wild, but I love all of the extra details with truck.

[​IMG]

The only thing that I hate about the truck. Would be cleaning it. Man that would suck!! I guess sometimes being kool isn't easy.

Props goes out to everyone involved to build something that is out of our comfort zone.

Happy Trails,

Mick

23. I am totally diggin' this truck! Incredible detail at every glance...a little off the top would have made it really sweet...but Hell it isn't mine!! Who cares if you have to sneak up on it wearing earplugs a pair of dark sun glasses to get behind the wheel! A work of art in my book....I really dig different stuff/ideas from time to time! I do not want to keep seeing the same shit over and over!........ :) Sweet ride Mr. Poteet :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The truck rocks. I like hamburger. I like steak. It's all good...

25. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

The Truck is chopped. Brian too a little out directly from the roof itself, not at the A or B pillars.

26. Special Ed

Special Ed

FYI, that's called a "pancaked roof". :)

27. Cool.Ride57

Cool.Ride57
    from Midwest

I had to join the chatter group on this truck. You can't say that this little pick-up has gotten the attention. I personally know Brian Stinger and he is an awesome fabricator, designer and builder. Talk about fabricating something from just about anything, this guy can. I have seen the build on this truck in his garage and there is not an inch that he didn't think about. You cannot judge the truck from the pictures. You have to see it in person. You can look anywhere on the truck and you will find something Brian fabricated. It's incredible. By the way, if the louvers were painted no one would be talking about. I believe Harry Miller is what the theme of the truck is based on. Do some research and check it out. When you get to see the detail work that Brian did you will be impressed. I give it two thumbs up for detail and fabrication work...then another two thumbs up for all the chatter that is going on about the truck. Again, check out his build pics on his website. www.stingershotrodshop.com

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  28. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The wheels really tie it all together.

29. at least it cant be called a belly button car. i like it but im not liking to much bling.
    great to have new inovative stuff still being turned out.

30. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Troy has built a few sweet rides for George out at rad rides by troy check out his site theres build photos of it there.
    Way cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.