Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS so who won ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You bask in the glory of owning America's Most Beautiful Roadster for a while. Then you change the wheels and paint in a couple of years for more winz! Or sell it for a mega profit with the AMBR pedigree.

And so nobody misuderstands me, I'm not really baggin' on the guy's car or the workmanship. It's as far from my style as you can get. But these are still car guys, just like me, doing what car guys love to do. I have no problem with that what so ever. I tell all my buddies the same thing when they're baggin' on donks. We're all the same, just different.

2. henryj429

henryj429

A couple HAMBers taking the high road. Good thing.

3. VonZipper

VonZipper

we walked by this display an my lady said wtf is up with the creepy dolls, I said don't know, but it's hurting my eyes

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Why don't YOU build a car worthy of an award, since you know so fucking much? Your ride's in your albums don't do your knowledge of vehicles any justice. Did you enjoy your visit to California? Oh yeah, you've never even seen the car in person that you're going on and on about...:eek:

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Oh, the irony. Bitching about me hackin' on some guys car while you're hackin' on the unfinished (and sold) cars in my album. It's almost amusing. Almost. What's your problem? Still mad cause I don't swing on so cal's nuts? I still have eyes and an opinion, just like you. If that car was posted in any other thread besides this one, it would be laughed off the hamb. So, gfy.

And by the way, I don't claim to be AMBR caliber. I'm lucky enough to keep my shit running let alone win trophies. But since you asked, I do have a pile of car show trophies in my garage. I can take some pics if you like. Did I mention, gfy?

***EDITED TO ADD***
    I sent you a friendship request.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  6. jephs422

jephs422
    from CA

Trust me when I tell you that this car isn't going to sit idle and be put away. once it tours it'll be driven by the owner. The one MAJOR criteria is that this car had to be able to make the trip form Santa Barbara to LA once show season is over. Yeah, it ran rough when it started up at the show, but we literally fired it up and tuned it the night before in about 8 minutes.

7. John Denich

John Denich

What don't you get!!! this car is NOT a traditional car never was supposed to be!!! the AMBR is not a Traditional Award...Never was the cars that won it in the 50's 60' and 70's they were cutting edge and ahead of the curve! you guys don't fucking get it!!!! you all jerked off at the Ala Kart two years ago and thought it should have won! It was way ahead of the time in the late 50's!!!! It has upholstered floors on the bottom! How many miles are on the Ala Kart???

Go post pics from the Mooneyes X-Mass party on a Street Rod Site, and you will get the same response from them!!! Hey Terd here is some food for thought on why this cars are at the GNRS...Read this!!!

So every year there are countless threads complaining about the winner, also goes for the Ridler!!! SO Ryan puts together the Jalopy Journal Award! All should be good right..NO you guys still complain! If this show was just for traditional cars it would fail BADLY! No Corporate Sponsors, Big Vendors, and Gate Draw! all these are needed so Axle can put together the Race Car Building, the Suede Palace, Bands, the Greaser Alley and we can have a Meet and Greet! Most that are complaining were not even at the Show! this show was great! The AMBR is about innovation and current style always has been! Look at the Ala Kart, you don't think people were pissed when it won!! it was waaaay over the top for the late 50's...the Niekamp roadster was cutting edge for 1950! Blackie's Roadster had a Chrome frame in 1955 and it won...See where this is going! We have our award let them have theirs! We need these High Tech Street Rods, they are for the common folk, non car people draw! they allow us a venue to have all these really neat things that Axle and Ryan have done! So stop Bitching and say thanks for giving us a GREAT WEEKEND OF CARS AND FRIENDS....but of course some people will never get it!!!

8. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Honest question: what's "cutting edge" about this car?

9. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Man, do you guys even read what I write?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The grill.:D

11. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Hey turd, are you color blind? That car's not Gold Flake Yellow!

12. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  13. moparjack44

moparjack44

HAMBERS are a tough group.
    Not my kinda car, but I do not have 1 penny of my money in the car, nor 1 second of labor. If the guy who wrote the checks is happy with the results, then what everybody thinks about the car is fluff, IMO.
    Jack

14. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

If that car really won the AMBR, its just a preview to what is going to be popular for the next year or so...Lets just move on with the cheap shots.
    It may not be the cup of tea around here but it is the cup of tea for the judges..
    Stop bitchen about the car that won and build one to contend for the award next year.

15. moparjack44

moparjack44

NOW, there's a novel idea.
    Jack

16. 56butler

56butler
    from Illinois

yeah im not saying thats my style either but if that muntzs roadster with the fake ass patina on it won. you all would be bitching about it too for being fake

17. Special Ed

Special Ed

His name is Richard MUNZ....NOT MUNTZ!:)

18. TERPU

TERPU

NExt year come to Turlock, waaaay better and yes Rick is there and easy to find.

Good to see you Rick, same place next year.

Tim

19. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

There were more beautiful roadster running for the the prize than that....
    but what ya going to do ,the judes are looking for something I dont Understand.
    But I would like to say way to go to my pal Logan...take care Brian

20. McKee

McKee

...said the man with the Muntz!

21. hankcash

hankcash

I hear that there are people who eat cow's tounge. I'd NEVER eat anything that came out of a cow's mouth... but, I like eggs.

hc

22. cretin

cretin

So, how about the rest of the awards? Where can we find out the results?

23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

So you can go on and on about those of us with a different opinion on this and toss out the "don't get it" card and yet what you are expressing is your opinion and that your opinion is the one that matters on this subject.

Whatever dude.

24. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

It's better looking than the '63 X-R6. Sorry Tex.

25. 56butler

56butler
    from Illinois

so i guess i cant spell but you must have agreed on my comment:D

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

As one of your more harsh critics congrats on your win.

The fact that you posted on here and how you have acted says volumes about your class.

I personally do not like that car, sorry.

I am sure it is very well detailed, and I respect your work.

I hope you understand that the issue of the AMBR is just as polarizing as figuring out who is number one in college football.

I love the fact that you can come on here and handle the various opinions, that is very cool. You can't please everybody but as long as you are proud of what you have done my opinion should not mean much to you on the car...it is not my car after all.

Very cool indeed.

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

Seems to me, these cars are built to be judged.

So people shouldn't be too surprised when they are.

But at the same time, I don't see any sense in all the Drama either.

Their winner is not Relevant to the HAMB.

Our winner is...

28. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

...a cool car owned by what appears to be a really cool dude.

29. Doesn't bother me abit. Gotta be a chromosexual to be a judge there.
    I like drivin mine.

30. popawolf

popawolf

fuk all that, those amber cars look like they should be crusing so.central instead trying to be the most buitiful roadster. 22s and rubberband tires, what next????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.