Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Ok ,the last batch from my pal Chava...looks like he's kinda organized on his stuff....way to go buddy!Thanks for the invitation as usual....appreciate it!!We need to put a cool rod or kustom in there to fit in style...

Attached Files:

2. oz40

oz40

Tell Chava, he owes me mucho Tequila:D

3. sled

sled

OZ40,you bet i will...will seeing him this next weekend,he invited me again over there...as you know Chava is a great host and tequila is never missing:D...take care mate

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  4. sled, what is your favorite Tequila?

5. sled

sled

Benzine440,im useless here cause i dont drink at all,never did..i use to say i've got way more expensive hobbies,ah,ah..as for tequila brands there are so many right now and some seriosly expensive ones too...

6. Hey Tom.

Surfs up mate...

7. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

The iron in this thread continues to amaze me.

Looks like your buddy Chava has quite a collection of vintage rides there.:cool:

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

8. sled

sled

gc427,welcome ....glad you guys like it...actually i do have much more stuff but as time allows i'll keep addin stuff up...i wanna already leave to some other areas that i have serious hints on cool stuff sittin around..but time is always an issue ,never enuff..

9. sled

sled

Hey gang, since we're gettin closer to Christmas times i was plannin to post couple special pics that i was not supposed to post public,but ...since we're in the Hamb family i love to share...
    Some real gems still around and hidden...
    So,stay tuned...Sled

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  10. I have to go get a hankey to wipe the drool off my chin:)

11. sled

sled

Ah,ah,ha...wait for the Christmas surprize then:D...

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Ok fellas,here's the Chsristmas surprize i was tellin you about...yeah,i know...is not a 32 but it 's a custom car made anyway..
    1958 Lancia Flaminia GT Sport ,Zagato,all alluminum body.
    These cars were hand made anyway in Italy by the Zagato factory...a beautiful italian sports car that caughts the true essence of rare balance of speed,harmony and design ...a true masterpiece!
    Note the "Double Bubble" roof,a tipycal Zagato trademark.
    PS.Nope,it's not for sale

Merry X-mas to you all ...... Sled

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  13. Magnus B

Magnus B

Some more pics from Sled.

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  14. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

I... Must....Have....

15. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Hey Sled, Any decent 1950-53 Cadillac Coupes hanging around? Doesn't need to run.

Thanks
    Charles

16. sled

sled

Charles,yep..there are some,why not?But you already got one that you're willing to chop or im wrong?
    They pop up suddently..there is a good 53 Coupe de Ville sittin in a garage..owner has the bad idea of choppin it but he has not the slightest idea what to do...time ago i was tryin to swap it for somethin else but i give up now..as far i know is still sittin untouched...Sled

17. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

I was going to convert my '53 into a convertible, but I came across the '51 convertible I have now, but it needs so much metal work, that I am looking for a donor. Once done with the donor, I was going to sell the frame to another HAMB member that needs a 50-53 frame for a early 50's kit car he's rebuilding (or maybe i'll buy the kit car body from him...)
    [​IMG]

Charles

18. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

That Cathedral hearse is insane. I think I need to do some recon south of the border. Great pics, man.

19. sled

sled

Charles,funny enuff i just realized that i can help you out cause i DO have an unrestored 51 Caddy convertible in great solid conds,95% or more complete that needs NO bodywork at all..rust free practically..got tons of pics ...perhaps you can just swap my body to your car ,just a quick tought...well,we know you save heaps of money just doing that...well,PM me your mail so we can talk at lenght.......
    Never seen the kit car on the pics??What's that??History ??
    Sled

20. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I want that Lancia...

21. sled

sled

66Coronet,well...yeah,these is still a good amount of junk down here..mind ya,is gettin scarce every day more but my positive vibe and heaps of contacts does'nt bother me cause stuff pops up all the time,..even the locals tell me all the time HOW in the heck i can find all that shit??Ah,ah,ah...the karma pays BIG time...

I got hints of probably another Cathedral like that,but im not sure if has side glasses or is all metal,haven't seen it yet...appears to be a 41/42

22. sled

sled

Strange Agent...i want it too,but unfortunately is NOT for sale at any price..mind ya,if ever it will be available i'll be above that thing instantly...is THE shit,really!!

23. sled

sled

Well,started the year in rushy way,but with great luck...many new finds here around Mexico and cuirrently running around to see new stuff that pops up up all the time...some cool shit,let kme tell ya....
    i know,i know...you want pics...SOON,when i can slow down a bit....
    Mexico is Paradise in some ways,at list for me....stay tuned,Sled

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

More pics from Sled. Enjoy.

Message from Sled:
    Well,been around more than a month scarfin as usual for junk and here we go again....more stuff and crazy stories to tell....it never ceases to amaze me where some stuff is and WHY!!!!
    Ok,time ago a pal o mine told me about some Caddys and a Porsche pre A ,a 54 to be correct... sittin for ages in some guy's places....you can have a quick look here of the sad state of such valuable cars....
    I cant explain why a cool Porsche like that is sittin rottin away like this....but we're tryin to rescue it,at list the Porsche and the 59 Caddy vert,its a Series 62 and still quite solid even in the floors...the other early 50's Caddy vert needs more work ,lookin forward to see what i can do here...what a shame!

Attached Files:

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

Some more.

Attached Files:

26. Magnus B

Magnus B

From Sled:
    Met a new contact in DF (Federal District aka Mexico City) and we get along very quickly quite well...he get instantly the idea of stuff i was lookin for and in a matter of couple hours we were on the way to this garage...He mentioned some Mercurys,not sure of the years cause he's a bike guy mostly...but from the years you like,you'll see ...he said.
    That was sittin there, cool black 50 Merc and great shape....i was stoked!Unexpected really...
    more cool stuff there ,pics on the go....plenty stuff hidden still,never give up fellas

Attached Files:

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here more cool stuff from the same garage....also unexpected a nice 32 Ford panel...its a 4 banger and looks like there are quite a few around Mexico...i think i found 5/6 of em and i own 1 myself.Also a yellow 46/47 For panel and a T phaeton in the far corner....not bad for the day.
    Actually the same old fella owns another garage 1 block away filled up with more cars,we tried to go but the guardian was already gone so we could'nt go in...oh well,next time

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    On my search of the 3w stuff i came across of another 36 ...actually i knew this car since couple years and totally forgot about it...well,it looks the same as i saw it ,plenty rust and not 1 straight panel...a tuff one to bring back to life.Nothin is impossible,i know that but this really needs lots of help...flattie powered too.I came to the conclusion that there are so many 3w 35/36 in Mexico because it was the cheapest model on the market at that time...i cant think of another reason...
    It's for sale in the classifieds if you have any interest in it....

Attached Files:

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from sled:
    For the Mopar nuts,a cartoonish look 64 Dodge A100 truck...it's owned by a pal of mine since quite some time and he would like to know more about the lack on side windows on the cabin...usually they came with the side windows and looks like this one without em is pretty rare...there are no signs of alteration so it came from factory like this
    Mopar experts,can you chime in and tell somethin more about??
    I really like such shape,i can see some wild metalflake paint here with huge cheaters in the back to raise it even more, 60's style ...it's currently for sale,so if interested drop me a PM ...sled

Attached Files:

30. sled

sled

Magnus B ,thanks as usual buddy....i still got tons more stuff to add ,and almost ready to move out again in another remote side of Mexico to scarf some more shit out...i'll call it the perfect job,hopefully it will last some time,great fun here...sled