Register now to get rid of these ads!

T Roadster in a week ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Nov 16, 2006.

1. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

What issue? I normally don't buy it.

2. Issue #32 (March 09). They did a neat father son feature on our roadsters. :)

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've been captivated by this build, and followed everystep of the way. One reason is after over 100 cars in my lifetime I bought my first T a couple years ago (a '26 roadster). It was a restoration in the final stages and a friend got it running for me. I still haven't gotten it painted and final assembled but I've found out what the fasination with Model T's is. They are in a league by themselves and after mastering the driving technique (a challenge for a Model T novice for the first few trips) It's an experience like no other in the automotive world.
    9 second/150 MPH drag car..............BORING. 35-40MPH down country road, reaching down and petting the farm dog that's come out to chase you while your at full throttle..................PRICELESS!!:D:D

Frank

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
    volvobrynk likes this.
  4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I was actually kinda disappointed in the article. it was too short and it not enough info, but that is my opinion. It does give me a little motivation to start working on my T though.

5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Bubba, I'm putting some tubing in my steel t body this week, did you do the door or the frame first? Thanks

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Actually they both went together at the same time checking alignment as they went...

7. Dogwreck

Dogwreck
    from Kentucky

Hey was just buzzing the forums and ran across this. I saw your "Simple T" at the Pile Up and really thought it was cool, even took a couple of pictures of it :). I am thinking seriously about building a T similar to yours and was wondering how you did your rims with the disc brakes? I have been scrathcing my head on how to use some 21" spokes rims I have but have decent brakes too. Did you use a spacer of some kind? They look like 21" ers, are they? Any advice you can give me on the wheels would be helpful. I have been thinking of using 28 to 48 spindles with disc brake conversion's. Any way great car!! Here is the pics I took at the Pile Up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Owensboro, Ky.

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Jeff,

Those are stock T wire wheels. We use a spacer between the wheel and the Ford expedition disc brake rotors. They work really good...

9. wsdad

wsdad

Thanks for that bit of information. Any particular year of Expedition? Will they fit the front? Is there information somewhere you can direct me to?

Thanks.

10. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I think they are all the same , i just seen one on a lift with the rotors being replaced and took the used one to trial fit etc.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I was reading online on one of the T sites that if you put brakes on the front you need to reinforce the wishbones as it will cause them to twist and bend. And that was with small Nash Metro brakes if I remember right.

12. brg404

brg404
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just read the entire post, great build - great car. And a BIG thank you for losing the fake quick change.

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That is very cool! Nice job!

14. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Nice to see this thread alive. That is one fantastic build. Creative and a bunch of old parts most folks would not think of using. Well done!

15. Here's a tiny up date, Jim got the front and rear shocks mounted and it was all loaded up, and headed out to Nor/Centrail California..Thanks Jim. If anyone have more build pictures, show pictures, cause more then a few are no longer on their photobucket site, could you send them to me, at [email protected]. Like to put together a scrape book of this cars past, and keep it going. Hopefully He'll being getting some show time on the west coast, And Bubba's Fame will grow even more then it already is, I am sure, alot of folks at going to ask if this is that one, or the one, and I'll just smile and nod, yup.. the one and only.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Also, Want to give a shout for follow member
    trulyvintage<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT>
    Alliance Member
    Gave me a very..VERY fair price out to cali on the "T" and hung at Bubba's a bit and is said to be a really kool kat. If you can help a broter help you, give mine a shout.
    (now , if it arrives all beat to shit..I'll retract my post, and eat my words)

17. Hey Dave,

Sent you a PM from the road ..... ;)
    I left my computer in the shower at a truck stop ( @sshole me)
    but they found it :D
    I should be dropping off in Fresno on Wednesday or Thursday
    Will call & give you a heads up ......

Transport available in rwo weeks for two vehicles from Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg, PA west to Portland, OR.

I have 34 feet of room for your running or rolling vehicle.

No deposit required - just your good word - you pay at drop off.

Call Jim on the road right now for vehicle transport at (260) 570-7286
    Please leave a message if I don't answer.
    I am out of cell phone range at times - I will call you back !

Jim

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  18. it for the best, its most likely all messed up, full of water. besides, you've learn one of the first lessions of truck stop safety, screw the computer, just don't drop the soap.
    got the email, thats a bit better for me, being I got tee boned, by a stop sign runner, and the truck will be jn shop all next week, I can scramble for a tow car, I'd drive it, but three hours on 99 and not driven a t before, you want me to make Bubba shit?
    If I have to rent a truck, we hook up. cheers

19. Dropped off the 'Simple T' today in Fresno ....
    Gave Dave a bottle of Bubba's hot sauce ;)

I also dropped off in Lemoore, CA to Paul who
    had gotten screwed by Blue Knight Transport :rolleyes:

I have room to transport, haul, ship a running or rolling
    vehicle up to 17 feet long from Austin, TX up to
    St. Paul, MN in about a week ....

I have room to transport, haul, ship two running or rolling
    vehicles up to 32 feet long from St. Paul, MN to just
    about anywhere in the lower 48 states (if my trailer is full)

Transport available in rwo weeks for two vehicles from Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg, PA west to Portland, OR.

I have 34 feet of room for your running or rolling vehicle.

No deposit required - just your good word - you pay at drop off.

Call Jim on the road right now at (260) 570-7286
    Please leave a message if I don't answer.
    I am out of cell phone range at times - I will call you back ! :D

Attached Files:

20. Awesome! Glad the little Simple T made it there. :)

21. Here is a picture for GMC BUBBA taken on the road in Arizona ;)

I am leaving Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN around November 19th

I have 32 feet of room to haul your car to Portland, OR [​IMG]

You can reach me on the road at (260) 570-7286
    to discuss your hauling needs
    You don't pay anything until I drop off ..... :D

Call Jim on the road now at (260) 570-7286 for safe vehicle transport ! [​IMG]
    <!--color-->

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

23. Ok, well here's the updates Simple T, I tried not to vary from the orig style and Idea of the Simple T..and Bubba's mind. so here goes.
    As Bubba mentioned a few times, that damn thing would leak water, .water pump. simple Texas T's fix..water pump works great now, no leaks, too radiator hose still leaks, and is a bugger to mount with only an ince between the top inlet of radaitor and head inlet..but doubl'in gasket seems to keep it from seep'in. found and old radiator grill gurad from an A, cut it down, poped riveted it (gotta learn weld'in) flipped sideways, made brackets, painted and mounted..such a sweet radiator, but low to the gound, and a rock or something could wreck it, and the day.. worry fixed.
    Fuel tank..loved the Bubba decal and all painted to to painted match..but the fuel tank had three pin holes leaks in/on the top..on seam..thats was causing the paint to wrinkle peel..called snyders..where bubba got the tank.. they never heard of him, nor would they warrent after I shot pictures, sent and asked what gives, it was on their welds.. still sorry. so I got hold of one of my VW dune buddy supplier friend in soCal. 150.00 to me with brackets, vented cap, added a couple of Flying A gasoline decals on each side for the vintage look. The muffler pipes was loud as a raped tractor..pretty kool, but with the rest of the car looking so nice , dialed and vintage, the grapefruit shooter or jap car look, just didn't work..enter my buddy down the street who took a set of finned mufflers off his harley for new ones.. hum..can I have one of those..sure, ran it to the mufflers shop, cut, chopped fin tail down, welded up..nice tuned (still loudish) mellow throaty sound and it added to the vintage look instead of taking away. added a key instead of off/on switch, also full power cut off behind hand/disk breaks arm, replaced the decal sticker speedo, as its was too newish (funny yes) and couldn't find a paper sending unit to work..so, had a buddy make a decal of a oldish speedo face, and used a trim/glass off an old vw speedo I had around, added over decal on dash..bingo..more vintage looking fake speedo. added then rolled seat belts under seat for the sons when they are shot gun. added a couple of toppers, bonaville etc, for a racing theme, waiting for my OFC topper to put above the
    Alliance Member badge with yom year/month decals for cali restored registered 1925 plates.
    Hope I did a good job, keeping in the theme, and also I know alot of guys fell in love with the build and car, I want to thank again Bubba for intrusting me this, and I hope I in no way insulted he or those that helpped with the orig build, I know Its mine , so I can do as I please, but I'm not the disrespectful type, the things I changed I saw as an addition to brillant ideas, and I will be showing the west coaster, just what they read about and dug, from you Indy boys, please tell me what ya think. its all very good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  24. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

too bad the people at Snyders had to be a bunch of dillholes, I will remember that when I need parts.

25. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I love the changes !!! Keep it up.

Bubba

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Thanks Jim.. I'm glad you like it. only a couple of more idea..nothing un-simple.
    I'll email a lil list of questions..

27. Very cool! That was a special little car and glad to see it's in good hands being cared for and enjoyed. :)

28. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

While naturally I don't know all the circumstances involving this transaction with the fuel tank, Don Snyder has always been more than fair with his customers as evidenced by a tremendous amount of testimony on all the Model T & A forums. He probably has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any company you will deal with, --so you might want to re-consider your thoughts about Snyder's Antique Auto Parts. As far as manufacturing the parts, you might also want to check and see just how many (good) parts he actually makes because on many items he is the only source. On other items, he manufactures the better quality part. Either way it really does not give you many options!!:rolleyes:

As far as the tank leaks, I think I would have emptied it, removed it and sloshed it with a can of POR-15 gas tank sealer ...and THAT would have been the end to the gas tank leaks. The paint wrinkles could likely have been spotted in and hidden too. Either way, the car still looks great in my opinion with the changes.

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thats a real t roadster. every goofy fat tire tbucket guy should see this and see where they went rong. really nice job

30. skwurl

skwurl

I know some guys in Tn that put a t together in two weeks