Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****The 2010 GNRS... TJJ: Best Roadster - Vote NOW!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2010.

?
  1. Car 1

207 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Car 2

148 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. Car 3

97 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Car 4

167 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Car 5

64 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Car 6

97 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. Car 7

77 vote(s)
    6.4%
  8. Car 8

208 vote(s)
    17.2%
  9. Car 9

46 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Car 10

96 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. jick

jick
    from london

i agree with the comments on #10... incredible detailing and workmanship, would have been my choice too but the interior just doesn't do it for me.

so i'm voting for #4.

2. Gotta go with #4, black, straight,4dr and cool as hell. For all those who say HotRods don't have 4 doors this states my case.:cool:

3. That barn find look of the #8 did it for me, Ardun powered, we all dream of one plus no armor all on the tires. Didn't like the front shocks kinda cluttered the front end. #1 my 2nd choice but I didn't like the hood side panels.

4. A very good selection this year....glad to see two Texas cars..however as this is the HAMB, I had to go with number 1
    Hope the Texas cars do good for the other judging ..Syndeys car is fantastic,,just not HAMB..so is Don Smiths but same applies

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It was really tough to pick this year. Some really beautiful machines. Here's my thoughts...

3rd place. The Munz/Wanlass roadster. Who doesn't love a deuce roadster with an Ardun and Hurst slicks. I understand the copycat patina but that turned me off, straight primer would've been perfect.

2nd place. Logan Davis' roadster is just about perfect. I love '29s on deuce rails. I'm not a fan of Chevy hood sides but they look good on this car. The gray wheels are kinda of bland but they match the toneau cover, which I really like. Maybe if we had better pics it would've been my #1 :rolleyes:

1st place. Joe Buffardi's roadster is really neat. I love the track nose and aluminum hood. What are those carbs? I'm not a fan of the headlights and the rear nerf looks like it got whacked, from the side the ends slope down. I love the toneau cover and the shotgun pipes. What really sold me on this car was the color. SWC blue is beautiful on this car.

Congrats to the eventual trophy winner and everybody who was nominated.

6. Good lookin' bunch of autos, I like the aircraft look of #3 and Arduns are nice but those are not my favorite. :D

7. BCR

BCR

I like 2. I would try and hide the wires on the fuel injection a little better but the rest of the car just looked real nice.

8. 3step

3step

Where are the Model Ts?!

9. daddyo

daddyo

1, 6,8 I went for 6.. Although 8 is a home run.

10. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

#6 for me. I would love to see details of that car, How is the rearend sprung and located?, Engine? Etc.

11. Terry

Terry

Is #1 a glass car?
    And what is the story behind #5's decklid?
    The interior in #10 sux

Looking at each, and thinking which would I most want to have, I went with #6.

Absolutely perfect!

12. MLK

MLK

Thanks for doing this, Ryan.

Hard to choose, great cars!

Mike

13. I was wondering that too on #1, by the looks of the inside of the passenger door. Probably steel but looks like glass.

14. Anderson

Anderson

Doesn't seem like a popular choice, but I went with #3. It's not simple, but I like details.

I really don't understand the popularity of #2. Incredibly nice car with most of the "right" parts....that I could have built from a catalog. No "soul" as Ryan calls it.

15. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Had to go with #4, Gommi's details and assortment of vintage parts just nails it!

16. My vote is for #5. I've always loved that car.

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yeah, I certainly understand the basis of the car and why it was built that way. He's done some amazing sculptures -- Thanks for the extra info and photo.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

#2 is subtle and undoubtedly fast... Just my kind of car actually. It's a pretty breathtaking car in person.

#1 is so great too... It was with a grouping of cars (all from the same car club) that were all fantastic.

#4 is just a great old car. I mostly liked the engine details and the dash.

#10 is fantastic as well... GREAT details and well thought out.

19. #3. Zack's car is just cool. And that dash is something special

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

To see it in person is quite different than just seeing photos... Awesome car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Number 2 for me! Baddest hot rod in the whole show!
    Jimmy White

22. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Thanks Ryan! Man, tough decision this year.

23. Anderson

Anderson

Beautiful car, no doubt. Just way to many "standard" parts.

24. classicfins

classicfins

I still can't seem to find or see cars 6-10. What the hell? Looks like I won't get to vote since no one will point me to where the other cars are posted. I can see Ryans 1st five posts with cars 1-5, but I have yet been able to find the rest. I am dying to see the gold RPU. Can someone help me on this?? I'm starting to feel pretty dumb at this point. lol

25. fryguy

fryguy

I'd have to say that the fake Patina on #8 is what I think the HAMB is NOT about. Its a gorgeous car, well built and definitely worthy of accolades. But the forced look to me is a punch in the stomach.

No 4 is a beauty in itself, craftmanship is top notch, worthy of a lot of votes.

No. 5 is a true time machine right out the little pages.

No 1 is what a hot rod should be, plain, simple and fast. No time and space for clutter.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

They are all there on page one.

27. lorodz

lorodz

number 8 does it for me ...

28. ShortBus

ShortBus

Logan Davis roadster in its native habitat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The faux-tina on #8 degrades that car.

29. Over 3200 votes already and only a couple votes difference between the top 3. This is going to be good!:eek:

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Great shots Rick.