Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hot rod wax & polish feedback for article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John "Gunner" Gunnell, Jan 28, 2010.

1. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

I would like to get some "real world" (is H.A.M.B. the REAL world?) feedback on waxes and polishes preferred by rodders for an article that I'm writing. This is for Kustom & Hot Rod magazine. I have plenty of "new product" info from makers and retailers, but I want to feature the products that real rodders think are best.

Will appreciate any input on this topic.

2. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

MEGUIARS #1, hands down.

Est. in 1901 has to say something about the quality.

3. John Denich

John Denich

Umm Mark-V products....and I am not biased!!!

4. chris55

chris55

Surf City Garage.

5. shagg'n

shagg'n

Partial to Meguires myself as well,goes on/off well,lasts well too.

6. vinmanr2d2

vinmanr2d2
    from new jersey

Meguiars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not a pro but i do wax all kinds of antique cars and bikes and for wax it's meguiars hands down !!!!!!!!!! First i use the cleaner wax, then i use the gold.
    If you are talking polishing aluminum,brass and such, then i reach for the mothers mag and aluminum polish........
    Now if you were to talk to a body shop guy, they have access to other products that everday guys usually can't get their hands on. Like imperial hand glaze and stuff like that. Hope this helps and have a great day... Vinny

7. I used the Wax Shop for years but now that it's not around anymore I use Meguiars. HRP

8. 72Mountaineer

72Mountaineer
    from WV

9. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Adam's 1st ,then Meguiars or Mothers if I'm out of Adam's.

10. All the Above are good. I use a product that's called Wash/Wax All. It's water based so you don't get scratches or swirl marks. It can be used on glass, plastice, etc. Can also be used on boats, planes, etc. Lasts forever with great shine and slippery paint, also protercts for uv rays.

11. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I haven't had nice enough paint to wax in a couple of years. But I LOVE Zaino products. Everything they make is awesome and well worth the money. It's not your typical wipe on buff off with a towel one step wax. But when you see the perfect reflection of the sky in your hood for the first time, it will give you a boner.

12. 2002p51

2002p51

Meguier's here too, exclusively. For my money it's the best stuff out there.

13. I use Gliptone products - their waxes can be used on hot cars and in direct sunlight - no streaking and a deep, long lasting shine. They have a full line of products - wash products are excellent BTW. www.gliptone.com

14. jonny rocket

jonny rocket

meguires has always proven themselves to be on top.
    mothers is just as good as well.
    I guess thats why they sponsor so many car shows.

15. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

I liked using System 1 When Tom Owned it. He has started a company called CSI in LA, CA doing the same thing, Great Products. Surf City Products are good.

16. GSX-PKV

GSX-PKV

Tried everything and thought Zaino was the best until I came across Jaxwax. This stuff is off the hook!

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What he said.

18. you don't have to wax primer.

19. flamed34

flamed34

Meguiars! And the quick detailer for in between!
    Once, we had just put a fresh coat of Meguiars on our '51, then drove 4 hours through the rain to a show...by the time we got there, the rain had stopped, and the '51 looked as good as it did before we pulled out of the driveway. We were sold!

20. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Mothers pure carnuba wax that come in a round tin, The best wax bar none.
    It's around $13.00 for the tin which is about 8" in diameter and last's a very long time. Its very hard and you have to work it out of the tin. Smells good too. I use the stuff w/o the cleaner.

21. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

Zaino.

Much work the first time but more than worth it. Look better and last longer that anything else I have used.

No matter what you use, do the clay bar.