Register now to get rid of these ads!

61-64 impala's - still good looking or overdone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by full foot notch, Jan 15, 2010.

1. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

Time, space and $$$$. It sucks cause I want to rescue that thing SO bad. It's pretty rusty, but I have faith. Here's an interior shot....pretty beat.

[​IMG]

Here's the one under the tree:

[​IMG]

2. 41blueoval

41blueoval

My first car was a 63 i got from my aunt. She bought it new. My dad had a 63 4 door hard top. He drove it nearly 200 thousand miles but the body rusted away before the 283 died. Ive owned 3 since then. Wish i still owned the last one. Needless to say i have a fondness for 63"s. Ohhh to have a SS 409........ I think 61 - 64's are some of the nicest rides out there!

3. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Well.................I've had a 64 Impala, and a 48 FleetMaster Coupe. I love both of them and personally, neither will ever "dye" out!
    I am not a fan of lowriders because I've been a drag racer for more years than most of you have been alive and like that style of car.
    Here is a picture of my 64 in 1970, and a picture of my 48 in 1969............both were hot rods and the 64 came with factory 4spd and tach along with a warmed over 300hp 327.

IMHO

Attached Files:

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

61 is my flavor. Gotta love them! 59 -64 is good, but 61 makes my heart pump. I HATE 57!!!!!! Cliche' city.

5. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

i have a 62 ss i will post pics soon

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

You need to hit up Skim...he's more on Layitlow.com than here and check out the 61 he rescued, saved, re-invented, ressurrected...i dont know what you wanna call it...just check out his post...it will blow your mind!!

7. 64s have a bright future with street freaks on the rise!!:D....they will always be in style just like tri-fives

Attached Files:

1963hoopty likes this.
  8. A classic style never gets overplayed.My favorite is the 63.

9. impalamark

impalamark

played out .... dime a dozen ...... I 'd love to drive over to O-town and hang in your
    hood if they are stacking up like cord wood. I'd like to drag a couple home
    let me know were to look I assume they're cheap being played out and all
    Impalamark

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I agree, nice as Hot Rods.

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

There is nothing prettier than a '62 Impala. Even one with an extra pair of doors.

Attached Files:

12. gotta agree on the 62/63 thing,64s have alot going for them even if they do look like they ran into a brick wall.........

13. Couldn't agree more. 62 Impala looks like it is fast even when it's stopped.

First car was a 64 Biscayne 2 door.
    Also had a 63 Impala 4 door and have had my 62 SS for 30 years minus the 12 years when I sold it and then bought back.

You can't beat timeless style.

14. Not played out anymore than 32 Fords, 55-57 Chevys, 49-51 Mercs, etc.

61-64 Impalas will always be timeless, just like the others I mentioned.
    As long as they aren't jacked up & don't have 22" or larger wheels, donk style.

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

15. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

i like 58-64 but my favorite is a 61.:D

16. airmentbob

airmentbob
    from san diego

it seems as though anything chevy are the cars to have except for deuce coupes. 55's, impala's, chevy II's, novas, early chevy's aka bombs, pre 75' smog stuff for the most part. classics never go out of style, they just get reborn!

17. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

¿Qué? What? '64 Impala played out? Well, here's mine and I would say that it is far from "played out". Hell, its just getting to the point where its being broken in.:)

Attached Files:

18. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

thats a clean six four.:D

19. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Ahhh, shucks.:eek::)

20. Travis

Travis

I just slapped black stock wheels and 2 1/2inch white walls on my 61. It's raining, so I can't get pictures at the moment.

Personally, 63 is prolly my favorite year, but I'll hang on to mine.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's one I did 10 years ago...new paint, new interior, 350" and a 'glide...sold it for $6500.00.

R-

[​IMG]

22. Sauli

Sauli

Well If You wanna hold on to that faith any longer, You need to grab it by the nutsack and haul that thing out of there for starters. I wouldn´t worry so much about about the upholstery, but that metal however sure isn´t getting any better with time from sitting out there in the elements, You know.

23. Six4

Six4
    from Houston

Don't see how they are considered played out. At least not here in Houston.

This is my 64 SS. People have different opinions on what I should do to it, not do to it, change, etc but at the end of the day its my car.

Attached Files:

24. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Drag car,,gasser,,Lowrider,,stock,,,just to many ways those cars look good,,they cann never burn out

25. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

I like any of them from 66 back . I have a 64 Super Sport project right now but the car is so sound that I hate to do much other then put it back close to original. Haven't been able to get real excited about it just yet but it is cold out and I wished it was a 63 instead.

I did miss a 63 Super Sport that a guy up the street had since prob the late 80's , one day it was missing and then we saw it at a repair show in town . It never came back but ended up on CL for a big price.

26. I kind of like them and have had three 64's now - a 409 car, an SS w/hydraulics, and my current grandma special 4-door. :D

Attached Files:

27. 62 Chevy Bubbletops are the pinnacle..

28. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

NOTCH...61-64 impalas are fine old cars to custom. and if you don't mind, O HELL even if you do please don't mention the H word again. onless it's the word HEMROID! HA! O.K. it's actualy the same...POP.

29. While I didn't have kids at the time I got mine, I love that I can put 'em there now. Even as a 6cyl sedan, mine gets lots of props from anyone, every time I drive it...and it's definitely not a common car around here.

Dunno if you other 60's chev guys have this happen, but being mine's a Biscayne, a lot of folks think I've done custom trim and other body mods. Who knew?

30. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

My first car was a 63 Impala. 62-64 Impalas were what our group had. We liked the 55-57's but by then they were starting to go up in value beyond our after school gas station wages.