Register now to get rid of these ads!

Work on my 56 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rif Raf, Nov 18, 2009.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

The first time i ever saw the '62 Chrysler grill and head lights on a '56 F-100 i thought it was the coolest thing i had ever saw. And it still is. The bumper really sets it off.

[​IMG]

2. willymakeit

willymakeit

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Canted quad headlights in those trucks has always been one of the best changes you can do. It's just looks like a natural. Keep us posted on the progress.

Frank

4. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Todays Update-No pics just because there is not much more to see, Block sanded, and primed and painted all the little pieces so hopefully we will be installing my new dropped axel tommorow night and tuesday. Oh yeah, had to stop for a bit to watch our Colts sure up their superbowl bid.

5. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Todays Update-Again not much to see, took the bed off, got pissed because my parts didnt show up and found out that they wont be here until Wendsday which is going to put me two days behind, but we will make it up at night I guess. However we should be in the paint booth this weekend which Rocks! We will get there one way or another!

6. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Well my parts arrived earlier today (A DAY EARLY!) Now some what back on track, Dropped the axel and spindles of at the machine shop to get bushings pressed and honed, they should be done tomorrow. Pressed in the spring bushings a few minutes ago so tonight I will be hanging springs which will have me ready for tomorrow night, hoping to have the front back on the ground Wends. Night. scraping the weeds sounds good, but i think we will be plowing the snow until spring.

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great looking truck , , ,and way to stay on top of the build, , , ,it's gonna be a stunner when it's finished

8. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Dig it! Looking forward to seeing the new stance. What's the paint scheme going to be?

9. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Black with Candy Brandywine Maroon Flames striped with grey pinstriping. Hopefully we will have the bed and wheels painted this weekend and the cab done the first of next week. I cant wait to see the finished deal!

10. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

Us too ! So stay up later and get up eariler, Times a waisting. :)
    Rick

11. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Soon!, I got the front springs on last night ( It took some Gentle Persuasion and a couple cold Beers :D ), Tonight will be putting the axel on and hopefully getting her on the ground. Sucks that I have to work today-Being an adult sucks sometimes! I will keep all updated!

Kyle

12. ugotpk

ugotpk

Great looking build. Keep the pictures coming! UGOTPK

13. really freaking cool!

14. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Well today I finally got her on the ground, Dropped axel installed but still need to button things up. Just finished the final priming so we should be painting this weekend! She looks so much better lowered!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I just went from 6 to midnight. Love this truck.

16. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

kinda of looks like an AMT model truck I had as a kid. outstanding craftmanship. what a looker!

17. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Ok, So I am going to give a little sneak peak, but no more until She is all done!

[​IMG]

18. What a tease!

19. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

Come on man, Thats like taking a alcoholic to a bar for a glass of water. We need more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. glassguy

glassguy

sunamabitch!!!!! that was mean spirited!!!! j/k i really cant wait!! you must be beside yaself!!

21. VonDust

VonDust

Yeah Kyle, way to be a dick about it. I'm on my way over.
    Paint pics of the rest of the truck should be up by wensday.

22. I guess we will have to take the pictures then....

23. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

Take all the pics you want John, Good luck posting them, hmm hahahahah (Evil Laugh).

24. PITRE ART

PITRE ART

I like it!Looking forward to seing it done!

25. charger

charger
    from manitoba

nice fender!!

26. I'll at least be one up on everyone else on here.
    I'll be the third person in line to see the finished product ( Right behind VonDust and then you).

You have to train me on how to post pictures here!!

27. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

I will have to, so everyone can see how cool your cars are! Yeah Dust will definitely be the first! But you can bet I will sneak a peek or two!

28. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

I will have to, so everyone can see how cool your cars are! Yeah Dust will definitely be the first! But you can bet I will sneak a peek or two! Also Thanks for the help Last Night!

29. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

30. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Very cool, can't wait to see the final product. You got one great body man working on it also. Will take my own pics at the W.O.W. Ha