Register now to get rid of these ads!

dixie fried or redneck rumble 1000 miles each way

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Here is a problem we are tossing around here .
    If you could only go to 1 show this year either the dixie fried or the redneck rumble which one would you choose.
    It is 1000 miles each way from nyc.

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'd go to the Jalopy Showdown.;)

3. I dont want to hangout with a bunch of dudes. which one is easier to score a hot chick at . hahaha

4. yeah well that is only a 250 miles from nyc so thats nothing for us.
    Oh did I mention we are driving our hot rods from nyc. no trailer queens here

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

C'mon dude, Denise is always at the SHowdown!!!!

Seriously though, I have only been to the Dixie Fried once and I am not sure I'm going to go back. There were plenty of women there but only a handful of cool cars mostly belonging to the Sock Fucker crew. If you are going to go anywhere I would go the distance and drive to Austin for the Roundup. Best of both worlds there.

6. well thats why I always go to the show down to see her and megan .
    Oh thats what i meant to say the cool cars yeah thats why haha.

Well that sounded like alittle disappointment in your reply .
    any reasons why you are feeling that way I just dont want to drive 1000 miles for diappoinment . What I do that now I'm turning over a new leaf this year.
    I am persuading the round up thing in to the mix too. but figured I would start with 1000 mile trips before the 2000 mile trip thanks

7. If ya make it to Dixie Fried, you have to drop your pants for a photo.....

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well at PBRmeASAP will probably point out, Dixie Fried is a cool show and lots of people like it. I just did not see the light and can't see myself driving 4 hrs for that show. I don't normally go to shows for the people so much.....I mean that's always cool but the thing that gets me to drive or fly long distances is the quality of cars.

I am really not a great person to ask on this subject since I have only gone once to the Dixie Fried. That's just my first impression of that show.

If it were 45 minutes away I'd go though...

9. thats starting to be a trade mark of mine it looks like
    and if I get to thank anybody for that it will have to be denise
    (hotrodladycruiser) everytime I get in her company I want to drop them.
    :p

10. wow 4 hours thats a tip in the bucket for us
    I think a show should have a variety of things pretty woman,cool cars, alot of people to talk with. just wondering what everybodys pick would be still havent heard anybody speak up about the redneck rumble though any takers.

11. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I went to Dixie Fried last year (2008) & it was awesome . TONS of cars , great music all weekend , movies ... a great time !! It was only a 1-day event this year (2009) , so I decided to make the trip to Lead East instead of the 800-mile drive for one day . Shame , really , as I had a great time the prior year .

Below is a video my dad threw together from saturday , I believe ...

CLICK HERE

12. ratster

ratster

redneck rumble has alot of ratrods there

13. well thats a reason not to drive 1000 miles for a one day show
    was there a pre show and an after show or was it just that one day .
    I have to draw the line some where for one day shows and that line is 866 miles to the hunnert car pile up

14. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

redneck rumble - 2 days & another local show over the weekend - all rods welcome & all go but r*t rods are the focus - you will not be disappointed

15. skwurl

skwurl

If you like cars go to Shades in Pigeon Forge Tn. Tons of stuff there Thousands of cars. Plenty to do while in town. It's like the beach but in the mountains

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HAMB Drags hands down sweetie.

17. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Lone Star is the best show I've ever seen.

18. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

19. DF is a cool show. they usually have good bands, but it is a one day car show. Movies at night and you can camp at the drive inn, plus there's a bunch of drunks there all night.....called the sock fuckers

20. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I gotta say that DF is a blast. Drink all day. watch movies at night. Pass out when you feel the need.

I have always wanted to go to heavy rebel. maybe one day I'll make it.

21. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I'm gonna vote for DF as well. When work allows me to go I can. There ain't crap for women though if that's your main reason for picking a show.

22. Splinter

Splinter

Seems like a lot of automotive ass-hattery at either one. But you need to ask yourself: Do you really want to expose yourself to a show that includes REDNECK in it's name?
    Just my $.02, so don't get all pissy on me, folks....

23. Very valid point splinter I'm not as fast as I used to be either.just thought I would throw the hot chick thing in there to see what's out there haha

24. so there is nobody else that wants to speak up about the redneck rumble

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well as someone put it, it's focus is on Rat Rods so I am not sure a lot of people are going to speak up there. Try Dixie Fried, from the sounds of it we have two different tastes in car shows. I think you'll probably like it.

I work in the Tattoo Industry (sort of) so I can definitely do with out it when I travel to a show. Like I said, we have two different tastes. I'm married and get to look at naked tattooed girls all day for a living so when I travel to a show I am looking for something else......like nice cars.

Heavy Rebel might be another you would like to hit up. Music festival with a car show on Saturday. HAMB drags is definitely on my things to do list.

26. Yeah thanks I know what you mean by september I feel that way too
    Hrw sounds good too also the lone star or a bo huff show. But then we get into the 2000 mile range and that means a week vacation hahaha

27. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Been to DF the last two years . 08 was awesome , 09 not so awesome. Less than half the cars of 08,one day show .Also was moved to a another screen in the drive-in that had all the terraces to park on . I may try the rumble this year. Also heavy rebel in winston is great. Port City rumble in Wilmington NC in october is very cool also,especially ther creeper race. Just my opinion.

28. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

My girlfriend is determined to go to the Redneck Rumble this year. Its like a 4 hour drive one way from here, I just hope I can get my truck debugged by then.

29. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I went to the Redneck Rumble last year......about 150 cars,very small swap meet, and not planned very well in my opinion. Women with sagging tits do nothing for me.I wont go back but if your up this way in May go to Beatersville in Louisville....you wont be disappointed.

30. Yeah well there is only one show to go to in may the jalopy show down scary larry and his crew throw an awesome time plus there's always been mud too and hotrodladycrusier they kinda go together. Haha
    Now is the heavy rebal weekend more band oriented and the car show and swap meet there just a little added bonus seems that way to me.