Register now to get rid of these ads!

How bad should I be hurting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone in the PNW know the history on the car? I may have photos of it from the late 70's early 80's stashed somewhere from when I was hitting a ton of runs in the Northwest every year. V6 probably means that someone swapped engines about that them when the gas crunch was on.

2. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

maybe the guy just saw the V6 looking exaughst manifolds/headers... We already see he didnt know what he had.

3. A couple of summers ago a guy sold just a body here locally. Chopped and an old rod, with so-so fenders, needed complete floors and lower cowl had some rot, and he got like $12,500 for that. I don't think it even had a hood with it. Looked like they'd pulled it out of a barn, cleaned it up and thrown some fresh flat black on it.

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Damn.... Don't these things just break your heart, although I don't have the money for it even if I had the chance. I always hope to be in the right place at the right time, with the right amount of cashola. Anyone know where I can find a $400 Deuce? ;)

5. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Actually, this is the SECOND time this has happened. My dad showed me an all original '32 sitting in a shed in a small town by our home. You could not see this car unless you went on the property, pass the house, and open their shed in the back yard. The old lady that lived there gladly showed us the car. Been sitting a LONG time, so needed some work I'm sure, but nice. She said it is not for sale and never will be. Several months later we saw it on a car hauler with CA plates.:mad::mad::mad:

When it comes to '32s I guess I'm cursed. :confused:

6. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

just wasn't meant to be...
    what a score!

7. Arrowood Rod & Kustom ... Your signature reads:

-Justin-
    1930 Ford Model A Coupe (hot rod project)
    1968 Cadillac Coupe Deville (FOR SALE $11,500)

... just curious, does your '30 look just like the coupe pictured in the OP?

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

Man, I would have looked great in that! my 4 hairs blowin in the wind! ahh what a life. oh well. Guess I will just be happy for the guy that bought it!

9. flamed34

flamed34

A couple years ago, a late teen boy was selling a '32 two door Sedan at Charlotte Spring Autofair...we were in there early...it was just a body, but solid...gates couldn't have been open for 10 minutes....I approached, asked how much to which he replied, "sorry it's sold". Well...a short conversation ensued, in which he told me he sold it for $1500. Once I picked my jaw off the ground, I told him he could have gotten much more...to which he replied he sort of was thinking that considering everyone was having the same reaction! Day late, dollar short...happens too often!

10. brady1929

brady1929

almost as good as winning the lottery.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

banging...fucking...head...on...keyboard...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Don't worry boys it will be on Ebay next week.

13. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where outside of Seatown was it??

14. Justin B

Justin B

i was wondering if the new owner was going to post on here. i was on the phone with bob the owner when the first guy showed up, told him i'd wire the money asap but the guy that was there in person said he'd take it. i missed that car by less than 5 minutes. Bob was funny, he's talking to his wife? in the background during our phone conversation saying there's some guy in california who wants it and will send the money without even seeing it, he must be nuts. about that time i hear the guy who was there to look at it say i'll take it and leave a 500 deposit. i called bob back the next day to make sure the buyer showed with the rest of the $. bob had the car since 57, he built it when he lived in la crasenta just north of L.A., cool old guy, not sure why he was selling but it sounded like he had some good times over the year with his 32.

it sucked, literally 5 minutes to late on a dream car.

15. Justin B

Justin B

oh yeah to make it worse, the body never had a patch panel in it, he said it was a little wavy but not to bad. not to mention that hood......................

damnit i'd almost forgot about missing it already till you jackasses brought it up, someone got a once in a lifetime deal, i really hope they don't fuck that car up/piece it out/ ebay etc

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

aaaah! what a deal. man. that hurts.....alot!

17. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

what a buy !

18. junk fiend

junk fiend

heard the guy that bought that was going to street rod it. damn shame.

19. sloppy_J

sloppy_J

similar scenario happened here several weeks ago........ i knew about this 32 5w not in pristine condition but complete. for years it sat in storage. from what i hear the guys sisters wanted their part of an inheritance so the car was sold...... at a hell of a descent price. fortunatley it was a hamber that bought it so its not all bad.

20. QUOTE=3wLarry banging...fucking...head...on...keyboard

Keyboard, desk, wall, and probibly the shower wall in the morning.

I've found some neat shit - cheap... but nothing like this!!!! :mad:

21. 1932 Fords are overrated.

22. Joe King

Joe King

this is true, everyone has one.

I just put a harley frame on mine and talked to a guy about him selling/buying his today.

23. moses

moses

sold im minutes who bought it....marshall????,...jeffrey

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Yea, they ARE over-rated. I've owned 8 gennie ones over the years along with over 200 other cars. Never had the feeling buying the other 190+ that I did the '32's. Also never felt as bad when I sold one either. They just have that magic aura about them and if you've never owned one you can't explain it. There are a lot guys that will say they prefer Model A's but I'll bet not one out of fifty of those professing that have ever owned a Deuce. The two real ones I now own will be here until I asume room temperature. The Brookville can leave any time as a 1-800 phone call is all it will take to replace it.

Frank

25. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

fuck why did you have to show that. O man idk what to say, but sorry

26. T-Roy

T-Roy

Lol, that was exactly my thoughts...

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

I've seen less complete ones in about the same condition for about $65k. Crazy, but true.

28. cracker head

cracker head

Mine doesn't either;)

29. Probably Spokane knowin my luck. Nice score by someone. right place, right time. period.

30. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Every dog has his day.