Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

Guys....... I got REALLY lucking when I was in college.... I had probably one of the best places to grab a burger in the entire midwest.

Located in St. Paul, MN.... and was only 4 miles from my house during my Junior and Senior years of college...... awesome place to see cars during the summer...... on any night. Thurs, Fri, Sat..... the place is PACKED....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best part is..... it hasnt changed much....

[​IMG]

2. Bliss Cafe. No meat, no alcohol. No drive In.
    Heaven.

3. skullhat

skullhat

lots of killer stands posted, i'd love to try them all.

surprised i didnit see a mention for johhny rockets, they have a killer berger as well

skull

4. for us up in sonoma co. CA i think most will agree is mike's at the crossroads!!! that place is it!! good beers on tap!! if your ever in sonoma county In nor-cal stop on in you wont regret it!!

5. shfifty five

shfifty five
    from New Jersey

White Manna Hackensack NJ, hands down the best burgers around.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. very cool !!!!

7. I grew up in the 'Grove, but I live in Denton now, so I don't get to go too often, it is usually the on in Mesquite when I get to go. Dang, now I want one and the closest is 40 mioles away! I will get me some Griff's this week! The burger house sounds real familiar?:confused:

8. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Any idea where they will re-open I could live on the fries alone!

9. bob's in downey.........duh :)

Attached Files:

10. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Thurmans in columbus ohio, germantown bar,best burgers in ohio, always make it there when at goodguys

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Gotta love the XXX drive in in issaqua!!!

Attached Files:

12. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

I grew up in Great Falls MT, and there were two places that are ingrained in my memory. The whole family would cruise in my Mom's 64 Lesabre Convertible!!
    Good Times!
    Ford's Drive In
    and Zandy's

13. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

This is a local place here in ABQ that has some pretty damn good green chili cheeseburgers.. (everything else is pretty good too) They host Hotrod & Kustom nights on the first tuesday of the month.. from like april-october if I recall correctly. Its usually a pretty good time if any of you can make it out!
    [​IMG]

14. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Built in 1941, the Bun N' Burger is a cozy roadside diner on Alhambra's Main Street which features vintage photos on its walls and possibly the most stunning animated neon signage in Los Angeles!
    1000 E Main St, Alhambra, CA 91801 - Great American and Mexican food, great for breakfast also. Family owned and run.

Attached Files:

15. 50merc808

50merc808

If you ever come to Oahu make this place one of your stops!

Attached Files:

16. speaking of Hawaii, you won't see this anywhere else

[​IMG]

In Lahaina, Maui, couple of my favorites: 'Local Boyz' and 'The Aloha Plate'

17. JollyGreenMini

JollyGreenMini

It's kind of a "chain" restaurant but I love Five guys burgers. I went to one a couple years ago in Kannapolis (I think) NC. Best burger's ever, and the brown paper back you could almost see through from the greasy fries inside was awesome too

18. 50merc808

50merc808

SPAM aka "hawaiian steak" goood stuff!

19. von zipper

von zipper

Hey Mr Grim! Gene and Judes rules! however did you see they washed their floors?

Attached Files:

20. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

21. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

I've got a few faves
    Boston-Eagles
    Denver-Griffs
    Sarasota-(tie)The Salty Dog
    Rod N Reel Pier Cafe'
    Columbus-(tie)Thurmans
    Graffiti Burger

All of 'em are mom n' pop type places. Graffiti Burger has a few locations in big college towns.

22. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

There used to be a place in Sheffield Lake, Ohio called Bill & Dons. Great burgers. But, that was in the 70's and early 80's..Now its a freakin sports bar or some lame crap.

23. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Louis lunch can't be beat for history, and burgers.. also Ted's in Meriden has great steamed cheeseburgers, betcha most Hambers never heard of them. About as OT as burgers, across the street from Louis is the Neon Garage, a parking garage with a great show of Mundy Hepburn's hand blown neon sculpture. It's quite fantastic, can post some photos if anyone is interested.

24. Used to be this place till they closed down, now I guess it's A&W or In & Out. I hope someone reopens our favorite place soon it looks sad. :(
    [​IMG]

25. keep them coming !! Burgers that is ! Sonic on 6th Ave in Tacoma, could it be true. I did see a coming soon sign !

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- function doGallery() { jQuery.slimbox([["/shopping/imgmsk/a/I/4171g13ldcL.jpg","Southern California Eats
    General"]], 0, {loop: true}); } //--></SCRIPT>
    Photo by John Eng.

Most definitely! Been going there for years! Eat breakfast there almost every morning with my buds Oscar,Mike and Joe. The place is like a morning Cheers! Heck, I even keep a Broiler coffee cut on site and Alicia and Art (owners) have it waiting before I ever get to the seat!

The other place is our very own Broiler! Glad that you guys have posted it on this as well, I haven't visited this post in quite a long while.

[​IMG]e Photo by ScooterMcrad

27. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

28. Little Holland , back up and running. The original building is gone, burgers still the same !

29. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Ok, not a burger joint, but this place HAS to be posted here. Anyone in around Wilmington, NC will agree with me.

Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]