Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Would you do Christine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Jan 25, 2010.

1. yblock292

yblock292

in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You could do a christine but there is a more famous car called the Quebec Express. Probably actually was one of the first funnny cars. I bet our friend from St Zotique PQ can find us a picture. It was a 2 Dr 57 or 58 with a DONE 392 hemi. Seeems to me it was even wearing a blower at the end but I might be mistaken. Please remember this was not 70s or 80s but the 1960s. Used to race at Napierville , Les Cedres and I saw it once at Cayuga. Very cool car . way ahead of its time in concept at least.
    Don

3. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

funny subject line - Christine is my wife's name.

4. philo426

philo426

5. Labold

Labold

$22,000 sounds cheap to me for this one. That is an expensive car to restore.

...can't believe I just typed in that $22K sounds cheap :eek:

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

My best friend had one back in 1975 . Bought it in Kentucky while at school for $50 and it ran good too . It had a 318 and that push button trans . Was a crappy faded green .
    I really love the body styles of the Mopars from 1956 to 1960 . They had some real class and some wild styles ! Still one of my favorite cars and movie .
    I always thought there would have been a second reincarnated one because if you remember at the end of the movie when the crushed block of metal made that little piece move in the middle , like she was going to be rebuilding herself again.
    Still love when the cop told Arnie what happened to Mooch and had to clean him up with a shovel , his reply was , isn't that what they do with shit !
    Still a good hotrod classic .

RetroJim

7. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

You ain't kidding. I saw a guy pay 2K just for the bumper ends. But that's what it gaveled for, a bit over 22K with the buyers' premium. I should have moved some finances around, because I've wanted one since seeing the movie in the theater. Oh well, I'll have to be happy with the Bluesmobile as my movie car.

-KK

8. I could think of a dozen elegant colors for that model car. NONE would be Fire Engine red, that's for sure. I'd start with copper and cream from the 57 Chevy line ......
    BTW, around here, that car's been cloned to death

9. I did christine's evil half sister ...

Attached Files:

10. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

The movie was called Cat's Eye. I love this movie. Have it on DVD and VHS, soundtrack, models and diecasts. Checkout the Drag version.
    [​IMG]
    I have a model of this and one I'm converting to a full funny car. My ex-wife is even named Christine, but I won't go there.

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

http://christinecarclub.com/

'57-58 Plymouths are great cars, and their color pallette was great - making red and white one of the more boring combinations. But yes it is a nice car. I'd like to have a hardtop, all I have is a crappy old wagon.

[​IMG]

12. I know one thing for sure. If I did build one, no "shitter" would get between her and I.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

They had to scrape moochie up with a shovel.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do with shit, scrape it up with a shovel?

14. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

Id rather do her older sister ''Bell''.
    Roll it just like this. Emagine the dirty looks as you cruze Sonic.

Attached Files:

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I think they'd just laugh as the outer body panels fell off.

-KK

16. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

memory lane classics out of Minnesota can build you one. They do replicas down to every detail. I think they have a website if you google it

17. Steve 38

Steve 38

So how many Fury's were used in the filming of the movie? And were they mint cars to begin with or shitters that had a quick bondo/paint job, ala Dukes Of Hazzard Chargers? They would have only been 20 year old cars at the time but I read somewhere even then a lot of people were upset about how many were trashed.

18. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

[​IMG]
    She has nicer cones for sure!

19. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I stole this:

"25 Fury's (Furies?) and/or Belvedere's were used. The Fury was basically the sport edition of the Belvedere, so both could be used in the film. About 13 or 16 of those were destroyed during filming. Since these were quite rare even in the eighties, many collectors were upset when they heard that. Understandable.
    But it's odd that even though Stephen used to own one, he got a fact wrong. The Fury had two doors instead of four as described in the book. I guess mistakes can happen :)."

20. eddie1

eddie1

I love what you call your crappy old wagon. The stance & the wheel & tire combo are right on!

21. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

yep, and for shits and gigs i'd follow people around with the high beams on! haha

22. X2!!! I coulda had one in red, But the guy wanted too much coin...

23. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

24. Tony

Tony

As much as i really dig the movie car, i don't know if i'd clone it.....
    But i do love the body style and wouldn't pass on one if it was solid and i had the cash! :)

25. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

I have a 57 Belve project, and frankly I prefer the Watson 57 plym....its SO much cooler than any movie car. I'll be headed a similar direction.....

[​IMG]

26. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

I have been trying to convince a friend of mine for years to do it to his purple belvedere. No luck yet.

27. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

hell yeah, she'll thank you in her own special way

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

:D:DThanks for all the responses....what brought this up was watching the movie, then I made some comment in regards to how cool the Plymouth and wondered about duplicating one.....and my wife and I both looked at each other and said.....NOPE:D:D.

Anyway kudos to those that would or have, the car is bitchin'!!!

Louie

29. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

P.S. This damn thread has more posts and almost as many hits as my Anderegg Roadster thread....guess the lil yellow roadster has a ways to go to gain the notoriety of that big red biatch!!

Louie

30. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

Not as many cars as the clunker program!