Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. JRussell

JRussell

a poor old what thinks it's a cadillac....hilborn injected nailhead ohhhhyeah

2. " Lemme know if you are still after Ford parts. I have a couple guys that may be able help."
    Garnish moldings? I have a bunch of 33 and 34 tudor sedan door moldings but they're warped from a fire. I may have to cut them apart and piece 'em back together to make what I need but I don't have a rear window molding. I could use one.

3. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Rocky,

The car looks great, look forward to seeing it on the road............RP

4. .
    Yup, you and me too.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Car looks good brotha......

That picture of you working on it - been a while since I've seen ya and I noticed a lot more salt than pepper in that beard........ you still gonna be able to drive when you get it finished ?
    Bwhhaaaaaa

Chop looks good man !

Cob

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

looking good.... keep us posted

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Okay, the chop doesn't suck too bad. Keep this up and I might let you and Jimmy redo the chop on my '36 PU that I screwed up (actually, mine's all good, except for the "relaxed" A-pillars)...
    Lookin' really good, you guys! Glad to hear you're running the Pontiac in it.

8. Nice Thread, Thanks for all the pics and updates!

9. Bad weather has really slowed us down but last Friday we got a chance to work on that chop a little more. Jimmy worked on that while he turned me loose with the shinker/stretcher and an 18 inch piece of 20 gage steel. I'm making up the insides of the 1/4 windows where the previous owner/racer torched the insides out to save weight. We're slowly closing in on finishing the chop.

Attached Files:

10. .....................and I began mocking up the 57 Poncho engine. I have the bare block stashed behind my recliner in the living room. I carried all the parts down to the living room and stacked 'em on the block to check fit of the front cover to the late heads/later intake etc etc...looks like everything is gonna clear with about 1/8th inch to spare except the water necks on the heads which need about a 1/4 inch spacer to line them up with the front cover..

Attached Files:

wingnutz likes this.
  11. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Oh... thats Awesome! Thats kick ass its mocked up in the house... miss's rocky RULES...

-have you tried Dr. Pepper heritage yet??? made with real sugar? Its so good... I was gonna call you but realized I dont have your cell in my new phone anymore.

Tuck

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

that is looking like it is turning out to be a nice coupe.Keep the updates coming.

13. Janet is a saint.

And they also have Mt Dew Throwback with real sugar. Tastes like my childhood!

Straight30weight likes this.
  14. Justin B

Justin B

looking really good rocky, even better since it's getting a pontiac. making me miss my 34 even more.

what are you doing for steering? i've got some pictures of what i did on mine to fit a mini starter on the early bellhousing. that giant stock starter really screws with you when you start trying to figure exhaust and steering. if you want the pics/info pm your email and i'll dig them out.

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking really good man.

16. Steering is a tried and true vega box. Haven't figured exhaust yet but I'd imagine I'll have to build it myself. I'd be super interested in that mini-starter on early Pontiacs.

wingnutz likes this.
  17. Mocked up the front end last night using some awful aftermarket 34 hood sides with the box made in instead of the cool curved 33 hood louvers...what to do? No sweat! Just score a primo pair of 34 CHEVY hood sides, cut the kooky box outta the hood sides and splice in the center portion of the chevy sides....

Attached Files:

18. Ok, are ya ready for this???? Viola! 33 ford sides with 34 chevy inserts. They're just duct taped in place to see how they look but I like 'em a lot so they stay. They look a lot cooler to me than the funky 80s smooth sides with a box in it...
    Sorry about the pix.

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  19. HA! Jimmy's been playing with the fit of the hood/grille/fender aprons and sent me via text a few minutes ago....dig it. I'm so JAZZED!
    Obviously his camera phone is far better than mine is.

Attached Files:

20. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Man... those are some clean lines Rock...

21. Thanks, Tuck...nice words coming from a guy who has an eye for good lines. I appreciate it.

22. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dig the hood. Man, that thing is going to look so good when you chop it. :)

23. Nice man, I dig the hood sides! How could Chevu do so well on items like hood sides and get so frumpy on the bodies? And I am referring to many of those years!?

So happy for you, I am recreating teh 33 dash with a Shoebox one as I type this (and cook some Beef Rouladen...........mmm German food)

24. Trent...I think I cut 16 inches right outta the middle of that shubox dash in the ol' 33 pickup

Attached Files:

25. NealinCA

NealinCA

Wow...I REALLY like the Chevy hood sides. That's gonna look great.

Neal

26. Well, I had to get fancy and find that 16" in about 4 places!:eek::eek:

Getting there tho. Thanks for the inspiration. T

27. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Looks great,coming along fast!

28. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

looking great Rocky. Good to see progress, keep er goin. Gary