Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Hand Built) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 193257, Jul 11, 2009.

1. tazounet

tazounet
    from France

Hi, I am French and I allow to congratulate you and your team on it fabulous work. Of the silversmith's trade. I am on a proget of model on Ford's base " 32 pick-up and I fell on your car by looking for an inspiration in the work of Weesner. I found. Thank you still. You can be proud, an admirer on the other side of the ocean...:)
    Sorry if my English is not very good.:D

2. xix32

xix32

i saw his creation at the hunnert car pileup. it stopped me in my tracks. i was awestruck. the man is a genius at metal forming. wait untill the airplane people discover him. he'll be building beech staggerwing wing root fairings or p-51's from the spinner on back.
    heck, all he would need would be a data plaque and a V-12 merlin, he could fabricate the rest.
    a truly rare combination of abillity and ambition.
    and a gentleman, as i witnessed him politely answer ridiculous questions asked by people who didn't have a clue what was involved in producing that work of art.

3. How about an update on this work of art.

4. 193257

I'll get some pics next time I go up there. I know he is working on the interior panels. He's test fitting them to make sure there is enough clearence after he paints the truck. He's going to do the interior himself and also paint it himself. He really is a craftsman.

5. 193257

OK guys I promised a update so here it is. Jimmy is making good progress on the interior. He's actually doing all the interior panels before he paints it and then will blow it apart to paint it. Once he starts painting it he will be done with the interior. Here's a few pics to show the progress.

The headliner will be a two piece panel. The surround is a form fitting aluminum panel that fits like a glove that is of the same quality as the outside of the truck and it has an aluminum insert along with a interior light. This pic also shows the back panel behind the seat that is form fitting also.

[​IMG]

Here is the back panel behind the seat.

[​IMG]

Here a pic of the headliner with the insert in it. The side that is showing will go against the roof

[​IMG]

Here's the headliner with insert in it that is finished with green piping.

[​IMG]

The back panel with little jimmy. The slots on the sides and in the middle are for the seat belts

[​IMG]

Here's the door panels fitted to the doors.

[​IMG]

The door panels with upholstery

[​IMG]

One of the kick panels

[​IMG]

This is what it's going to look like when it's finished. You won't believe the fit and finish on every thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's little Jimmy showing a visitor how to change the thread in the sewing machine. Wonder if he'll be as talented when he grows up.

[​IMG]

He's making good progress but still has a ton of work to do. He hopes to make Goodguys Indy for his first outing. Stay tuned and I will try to keep it updated a little better.

6. Mootz

Mootz

You sir are my hero. Perfect.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This is unreal. Beyond words.

8. Mr. Hervatin (Jimmy the Metalman), is there nothing you don't excel at? ... the interior panels & headliner are simply awesome! ... I can't wait to see the seats & carpet.

193257 ... thanks for the updates ... and be sure to get lots of photos of Jimmy squirting some color on the body.

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

That interior looks lovely, nice job.

10. trad27

trad27

wow, the atention to detail is unbelivable. keep us posted

11. badnews 31

badnews 31

speechless I am without speech thankyou for such a creation its just brillant thankyou thankyou thankyou !!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

take it easy there big guy, your gonna get to excited and ruin your dinner again.

truely amazing work.

13. sololobo

sololobo

I can't even wrap a gift, when they were passing out talent, I said no thanks got plenty. Ooooops! I bow with respect. Super Fab!! ~Sololobo~

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It just gets more astounding by the minute.

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the interior update -- awesome!!

Malcolm

16. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I can't decide if this unbelievable build thread inspires me, or frustrates me.

Flawless work,...unreal.

17. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

What could possibly said that hasn't been? I am at a loss for words that would even begin to compliment his craftsmanship.

18. Sanford Graham

Sanford Graham

Amazing workshop,and talent for sure. Thanks for sharing with us, Please show some more of his work in progress and his shop. Thank you happy motorin

19. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Just awsome, plain and simple

20. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Stunning interior!

Nick.

21. Awe inspiring build. And he even sews the interior himself. Damn

22. Dee aye em en ... DAMN! I want one

23. The equipment under one roof is unbelievable. A one stop shop, sewing, metal shaping, painting, etc.
    I am inspired! How did Jimmy get to where he is, how about a short biography?

What else does he do in that shop? Anything he wants right ....lol

Fantastic Thread! - Mike
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

What does Keith Weesner think of it?

Does he know it's being built ?

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Wow, awesome. Truly nice work.

26. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

man... you mean jimmy didn't do the machining on the engine block, or the chromeing.... what a hoser!

j/k this shit is amazing! i mean chassis, body fab, interior.... perfect!

27. slammedchieftan

slammedchieftan

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! and his Humbleness is amazing as well. I would just like to spend a week with him and watch him at work!

28. irace2win41

irace2win41

Incredible.....Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

holy shit!

Aluminum is one of my favorite materials to work with, and aparently its yours as well!