Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Chevy 5 Window Coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slickster51_50, Jun 4, 2009.

1. PoPo

PoPo

Looking good man. maybe you can take me for a ride some day so I get a hair up my butt and at least bring mine home to look at it.
    lol

2. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I'm hoping for spring but we will see what happens.I gotta PM dickster and see what he would charge to rebuild all 6 carbs. I also need to buy a cam for the engine and rebuild my power pack heads then she should fire.I have to get some body parts ordered and so on but if this new job turns out to be a keeper then its on cause i am hopefully gonna start throwin money at it and get her movin!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. Looks good man. Chevies of the world unite!

4. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

5. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Whats the inside on those doors look like? I think I have a couple that were SUPPOSED to be TT Ford doors (they have same belt line) but TT doors are all steel. Like to know what these are so I can get rid of them.

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Anytime man maybe when the frame comes home you can come down and i will throw the seat in it and we can both take turns makin engine sounds and pretend we are driving! LOL!!!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. PoPo

PoPo

hell yeah man, Im down for sure.

I'll be cleaning out my storage unit at the end of the first week of Nov, I'm tired of paying for it and the garage walls will be done for good then.

Maybe we can send each other pics/videos making VROOOOOM noises!!!

8. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Nice build havent gotten to really check it out and read through it til now. Good luck maybe i'll see ya rolling around on the road here soon

9. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Well fellas i guess its time for an update.I got my frame back from being finish welded and the motor mounts put in along with the trans mount.So here she is in all her glory i took Jeffrey James' advice and got rid of the Tunnel Ram but i bought an Offy 6x2 intake and have so far picked up 5 Holley 94's.I worked on the car this afternoon with my buddy Jon Fletcher or Fletcher62 on here since i got the frame home the other night.It rained like crazy all day today so i didn't get the chance to roll her outside for some good shots but the ones i am posting will have to do for now till i get a break in the weather.I hate winter! I don't have heat in my garage either so that made for a long afternoon.
    I know their not the best quality but i hope you all get what i am going for.Please excuse the mess in the garage also since its been cold i haven't been able to get much work done in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  10. greaser

greaser

I really like it!
    Six deuces are baaaad!

11. PoPo

PoPo

its missing something, I just can't put my finger on it.. lol

jk

Can't wait till spring either steve, then I can come over to your place!

12. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I wish it was warm out so i could be out there doing something to it! I hate all this white stuff and this damn cold!I have to fab a new fire wall now but thats ok its no big deal.I need one more 94 to have all 6.Next i need to get started on the body but its hard to do much of anything in this weather with no heat in the garage.

13. Woodchisel

Woodchisel

Hi,

Currently rebuilding a 32 chevy coupe (5 seater), location Sydney Australia. Started with total deforestation, the termites are very hungry down here. Seatbelts are preferred but the law stipulates seat belt anchors on steel only.
    Had to replace all wood with steel, door posts and and and the lot. All individually manufactured. A lot of trail and error. Version 1 and 2 of the door posts went into the bin. The Rod is now in the final stages of metal work, we finally worked out the steering linkage and steering colum firewall exit, another experience on it's own. The remanufactured carburetted 350 Chevy SBC engine is in it's place, I added aTH700R4, had to remove the old Xmember and installed a new one. Front and rear Jaguar IRS were in place at purchase. I deliberatley stayed away from electronics as much as I could, had some bad experience in the past and also was ripped off by so called repairers.[​IMG]
    The chassis was and is in good nick , I close welded surplus chassis holes. The body with roof filled had luckily very minor rust and is as straight as can be and is being prepared for painting. [​IMG] The only wooden item in the rod will be a hand made dash insert for the gauges.

below a few pics (Image shack is driving me nuts, all mixed up but I am sure you will work it out)

The yellow rod as it was 14 months ago and externally will look pretty much the same soon with different paint job, no radio antenna, different mirrors and so on.

next pics the body (no chop) on stands as this morning front on shot with firewall in the works and two test paint items in Victoria Red metallic coarse flakes and 4 coats of clear . For good measure rolling chassis with engine and tranny included.

Cheers,

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. freebird101

freebird101

15. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Woodchisel thats a good looking sedan and i am really diggin that color of red on the splash apron and your chassis looks spectacular.Very straight i only wish my frame looked half that good.Its gonna take a lot of work to make mine that smooth.I am also running a Model A frame i got rid of the stock Chevy frame.I just didn't like the looks of the parallel leafs on an open wheeled car.

16. Woodchisel

Woodchisel

Slickster51,

I knew it would be a lot of work but not quite what I will end up with, I guess I'll clock up a total of about 1,500 hours. Taking all that timber out
    was a job and a half. Not one piece came out intact, just as well I had a set of very sharp chisels. The wiring looked like a dogs breakfast, I have never seen anything like it, after a day of trying to save pieces out came the side cutters.

The chassis was very straight but did have surface rust. Two days of work with stripper and wire brush in the electric drill and some hand sandpaper job cleaned all that up. Closing surplus holes came next a cleanup with the grinder and a rubdown of the chassis with 240 grit paper preparing it for painting. I used Por15 metal clean, metal ready and then brushed the two coats of black on. In most parts it looks as if it was sprayed. The paint is self leveling and looks ok. But as usual I had paint on my hands, arms, legs and some on in my hair. The stuff sticks ... for up to 5 days.
    The paint is a standard mix as per colour chart, we went substituted the standard flakes with coarse metallic flakes. No need to remember special mixes that may never be repeatable.
    Did some work with the firewall this arvo, hoping to complete it by the weekend.
    Would not mind an open wheel rod myself but open wheelers in this part of the universe have to have fenders. you see fender less once every now and then, not sure how they manage to avoid the traffic cops, on a trailer perhaps.

I'll be interested to see your project progressing. Good luck.

Cheers,

17. 376stroker

376stroker

I've been browsing through H.A.M.B for some time and just signed up because of this thread. I just purchased a 32 5 window chevy and now wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Only wood it has is in the doors(which is rotted) but I do have spare quarters, running boards(dont want), and front fenders. These pics help in wanting to build this car, man that thing looks bitchen.Frame work, welding, and sheet metal fab is not a problem, just not sure how much wood I wanna screw with.......It does get pretty humid here in the summer and I've seen some cats gettin pissed when doors dont shut, new air gaps appear and disappear, etc....Thanx for any input

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow man I just seen the pics form Christmas day and it looks great. Love the 6 x 2 and teh rear slicks scream business. I wish I could get a Weiand 4 x 2 for my 265 but I just don't see it in the cards right now since i have so many other things to focus my pennies on. I think it's turning out great though and I hope the weather breaks for you so you can roll it ouside and take some pics of the progress so we can see.

19. Well shit, man I just put 3 97 large logo's in the mail this morning to some dude in Germany, wish I'd know.

20. Maybe we can send each other pics/videos making VROOOOOM noises!!![/QUOTE]

We'll have none of that gentlemen :eek::eek::D:)

21. PoPo

PoPo

grits dont be jealous. our friendship is (TIGHT) lol.... if you PM me your number I'll add you to my VROOM VROOM FRIEND list

22. pm, sent :D:D:D:eek::eek::)

23. Hold on, where's Randy???? Von Rigg???
    We're waiting??

24. PoPo

PoPo

hey I got a PM, But no #. I see how it is, your like a high school prom date, all the hype but no action.. must be a texas thing!!

Oh and i'm keeping the A. I got some things figured out and now it can stay!! Wife got a new car, and I got more spending $

25. build it drive it and enjoy it! wood is easily removed and replaced with 1x1 steel. I'm not so sure about running around with cats in the car to get pissed, but my 31 hasn't had problems.....

26. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell it was brushed it looks great.Hopefully with some work mine will turn out as nice! I'm gonna replace all the wood in my car with steel just because i wanna feel a little safer when my son and my wife are in the car with me i'm affraid of some jackoff pulling out in front of me and causing me to wreck it severly and it crumple up with all that wood inside.I will probably end up doing the same type of thing you did painting those pieces for the body keep an original color but add some monster flake to it.

27. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

376Stroker I say build that thing they are a pretty rare sight! Are you going to use the extra quarters? If not i would be interested in them.I have a couple bad spots in mine and a portrion missing altogether on the drivers side rear.Like i said in my post to woodchisel i am gonna replace all the wood in my car with steel just for my own reassurance.

28. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Grits/POPO you guys are funny as hell! Grits don't feel left out i can send you video of us cruising in my garage! I'll be makin the Vroom Vroom noises and Popo will be holding the battery operated fan to make it look like we are moving!I'm sure you'll be jealous when you see us!We'll be the coolest kids on the H.A.M.B.!!!Everyone will want to be just like us.O and as far as the carbs go Grits thats always my luck a Day late and a Dollar short!!But i appreciate the gesture.You a good man Grits.
    JJ your a good man also,Thank you both for all the encouragement and kind words you guys always seem to have.PBRmeASAP its always nice to hear from you,your always someone else i can count on to help me feel better about what i am doing!Come to think of it,There aren't too many on this board that i don't have something good to say about.This is a hell of a group.You guys are Tops!

29. PoPo

PoPo

yup and i'm almost on the way to your house to pick you up, so eat your cheerios and get your kid clothed because its going to be a fun day!!!

Sorry you can't come Grits, but if you would have sent me that phone number I'd send ya a picture since I saw your in your shop early today as well.!

HAMB on the Rocks!

30. Woodchisel

Woodchisel

Hi,

Progress made, in a few weeks we will be painting

If you wonder about the stands under the front axle, it's a bit hilly around here and I'd like the rod to get used to uphill situations. hihihihi

:)[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010