Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of you guys are using tractor grilles on the front of your rod .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Main Entry: ja·lopy
    Pronunciation: \jə-ˈlä-pē\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural ja·lop·ies
    Etymology: origin unknown
    Date: 1928
    : a dilapidated old vehicle (as an automobile)

2. blt2go

blt2go

white zombie, nice. you're right it is trivial. i am not trying to pick any fights or piss on anyones dog. i don't know everything and have never claimed to. i just think it is a little harder to fit real traditional hot rods in the tiny box that is here. people from different parts of the country do things different, and i am curious about all of it. no i don't like rats or crap i think for the most part they are unsafe and a waste of materials and time.

3. roddinron

roddinron

Now come on guys, really, would you call this a rat rod just because it uses a tractor grill? Lighten up, it may not be your "cup of tea", but to my eye, it works, and it's a nice car. I just don't get what all the pissin' is about? Of course we don't want poorly built junk "rat rods" to invade this board, but a little diversity, if it's well done, doesn't hurt. JMO

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I hope someone closes this thread .I just wanted to see some pictures .Im open to new ideas , Think about all the custom cars with quad headlights and Ed Roth's cars ,His shells were unique .I wouldn't of posted this ,Knowing this would cause this much drama .I was wondering could anyone pull it off .And I was proven wrong .

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. RichG

RichG

I think Chris Casny's little boattail had a tractor grill, didn't it?

I've got nothing against tractor grills, I just think that for every one you see done right (like the modified on this thread) you see 100 done horribly wrong.

6. 1959apache

1959apache

7. 61TBird

61TBird

1940's Period Correct Hot Rods;
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422177&highlight=traditional+1940

1950's Period Correct Hot Rods;
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430894&highlight=1950+period+correct

If you don't "get it" by looking through both of those threads,you never will.

If tractor grilles are allowed on this site,where's it going to stop?
    I guess rules are something you don't want to follow.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

If that's the case,go somewhere else!

I'll also add,to anyone that's been on here for more than a year,why aren't you (yes,you) an Alliance member yet??

8. kelseydum

kelseydum

I'll also add,to anyone that's been on here for more than a year,why aren't you (yes,you) an Alliance member yet??[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted here in over a year (which I have been a member longer) because of what happens when a question like this is asked. People want to bitch instead of giving useful information. It's annoying.

9. BBobb

BBobb

61Tbird wrote
    I'll also add,to anyone that's been on here for more than a year,why aren't you (yes,you) an Alliance member yet??

This is a whole new can of worms you just opened.Now this screwed up thread will go on for pages...lol

10. 61TBird

61TBird

At least it won't be about tractor grilles......:D

11. zombie

zombie

you're absolutely right. i've been reffered to as a "traditional nazi" and personally i dont think a tractor grill makes it a rat rod, even though 95% of the cars running them are. and by the way, that little maroon and white t looks pretty good to me.

12. RichG

RichG

I kinda find it funny that the people willing to put the money where their mouth is are being ran down by the ones who DON'T or WON'T...

The heck with it, if this is gonna be a pissing thread, let's piss!

13. kelseydum

kelseydum

The original poster seems to be satisfied with his response so let it die.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OMG, fellas. Be nice now. You'll all have a chance to play. Now recess is over, time to go in. Billy, will you please grab that tractor-grill and throw it back over into the farmer's field? Thankyou. We'll try it again tomorrow. In the meantime, I want all of you to write a hundred times...We're all hot rodders, We're all friends, We're all hot rodders, We're all friends...:)

15. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

read.

defined. not open to further discussion here. got it or not?

16. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

no. just read this:

this defines the tiny box.

17. Warpspeed

Warpspeed

While I might fit a rear power takeoff, a plow, or even four wheel drive to my hot rod.... A tractor grille, NEVER.

18. RichG

RichG

19. jtruelove44

jtruelove44

Ryan the popcorn is running out hurry up and end this thread!

20. mackster

mackster

did I make it in????:D

Attached Files:

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Dude, you're in the wrong place. Perhaps you need to go to another site. Really.

22. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I was thinking about it...
    32tractorrod.jpg

Who knows, maybe Henry was originally trying to build cheap tractors :)

""why aren't you (yes,you) an Alliance member yet?? ""
    Cuz I just had to pawn my mig so I can afford to eat and I think I'm going to have to try to sell my 4x4 van , I borrowed 4 grand from a relative to get the heat on for the winter I was witjout gas and water all last year. I didn't find a job this month either. Worked only temp gigs about 9 months from Oct. 08 to the present. and because I was self employed 5 years prior I'm ineligible for unemployment insurance benefits. Funny... I earned 32,000 to 46,000 over 8 years without ever filing a claim. 10 years ago it was 4,000 in my unemployment account. It used to be that those funds were appended to your ss# and accumulated. they were vested to be drawn and employers weren't billed additionally until that was exhausted. Somewhere, they changed the laws. My business went bankrupt. Irs took over half of my employment pay last year.
    Bad economy, gov't, age, lots of reasons. Mostly gotta eat first. I keep the internet on to help look for work.
    Upside is I joined the carpenter's union and there are some jobs manning up in a month or so. how bout you guys?

23. jc62

jc62

It`s about time

Attached Files:

24. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

for some of the FNGs around that support each others 'right' to do what he wants on this forum... The fact of the matter is we are all guests here and we've been graciously accepted. As self-respecting users of this forum we should have the decency to follow the rules set forth by our administrator. More than traditional this and ratrod that it has to do with forum etiquette and computer literacy. Everywhere you go there's a guy who has the right to do what he wants to do and refuses to follow the rules the rest of the group adhere to. Internet forums are no different. Read this:

then show some respect for your host

25. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

trad. rods were also driven everyday.Back then we did not have crazy hollywood money so we could own 3 or more cars.So really very few people are true trad.Lol that's a new one weekend Hotrodder .

26. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

goodpoint robt500. when I first started coming here I was all like I was still hanging out on you tube mnemonically scattered like a fart in the wind. I like the clique here, four out of 5 voices in my head tell me it has focus and identity. It's the cure. You just can't be both James Dean and Slingblade...I don't want too many opposing personalities in my head fighting for the floor to speak. I think the world works the same way:)

27. 1959apache

1959apache

I am pretty sure that you have to read that before you join, if not it is a sticky on this forum... so show some respect for other forum members and stop being so rude to people. That was and is the point of my post not that we have the right to purposely not follow the rules... It seems like every time someone asks a question around here they get hounded and or jumped by the mob. and I may very well be a new guy to this forum, but I do know etiquette... for starters you generally should be cordial/polite to people which is something that an unfortunate few lack here, which is a crying shame.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  28. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

im gonna be honest i see that this thread is 5 pages long but im currently on the first page under quick reply, and to save my eyesight im gonna go ahead and say im not making it to the other 4 pages.

29. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Haha this thread is so full of bullshit. All this drama....

Anyhow, this is a tractor grilled car I really like. I have to admit that if it were mine I would have gone with another grille....
    [​IMG]

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a traditional hot rod forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.