Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see some real world budget rods(under6k)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

about 3800.00 in mine, but im thinking about paint, maybe.

Attached Files:

2. jim galli

jim galli

If they do a steampunk thread, this will win!

[​IMG]

3. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

quite a variety of vehicles being built low buck!

4. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Very cool little roadster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Chester Greenhalgh's original "T-Bucket Roadster for Under $3000" that was the subject of his 1986 "How to Build a ..." book.
    Here's something to be cheery about in 2010.
    According to the official U.S. Government "Inflation Calculator" based on the Consumer Price Index, That $3000 build in 1986 would be $5,921.44 in 2009!
    And that's pretty good news when you consider you can still buy a small block Chevy donor car for $500 and with the advent of the Internet, eBay and places like Harbor Freight that parts and tools are much easier to come by and often more economic today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

im gunna hafta give myslf the dumb ass of teh day award and ask, what kind of body is that ?

7. jim galli

jim galli

Looks as though it began life as a '36 Ford Tudor humpback sedan. Now cut into a sort of phaeton / roadster.

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Gee, don't you recongnize a '36 Ford Tudor when you see one?:rolleyes: I'll admit I threw most of it away.

brian

9. my 27 stude is almost done but i paid 200 for the body, 200 for the rolling frame, dad gave me a sbc and trans.(workin on gettin y block) 60 to get the brakes workin, 120 for new rad, 50 for grill, 50 kenworth headlights free. 25 tractor supply red primer plus other little things i would of been bout 800 but bought a 59 vette 2x4. put all these parts to gether with the help of my dad in two weeks.

Attached Files:

10. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Lotta lucky guys here...

11. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

thank you brian for schooling a newbie

12. Marcia

Marcia

Built it for about $1,000.00. Have been driving it for 14 years.

Attached Files:

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

Wasn't there an article in street rodder about some guy building this for $6K.

[​IMG]

14. TERPU

TERPU

[​IMG]

Not sure what you consider done, but this is how it's going to stay for a while. It's just too much fun like this. And I couldn't quote a total as I horsetraded for most of this.

Tim

Here's another one I built for under 2K

[​IMG]

It was finished and alot of fun.

15. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'm not sure exactly how much I have into it, but I know I have less than $3,000 in my T. Parts are dirt cheap and I did everything myself.

Attached Files:

• 18.JPG
      18.JPG
      File size:
      234 KB
      Views:
    • ZTup2.JPG
      ZTup2.JPG
      File size:
      46.1 KB
      Views:
  16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ha and it's one of the coolest cars out there proving once again that you don't need money to have style. That is one rad little car.

17. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

this is a good thread all kinds of cool projects to admire

18. glassguy

glassguy

thats a cool little roadster.. i saw it at the ol cumberland run every year! glad to see it hear...

19. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

That looks like a fun ride.

[​IMG]

20. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I think location has a lot to do with getting things cheaply. Man you don't seen much for cars or parts up hare and if you do they think they are gold. I mean engines trannies and the like from the 70's on up are around but no bodies in the fields for a hundred or 2

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Winner.

22. What'd you hammer this out of old soda cans?? How the hell did you get lucky enough to stay under $6000 for a build like this??

23. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

I've loved this car since I first saw it and the build price makes it all the better. I'm so much over budget compared to this that it makes me think I must have made a wrong turn somewhere.

24. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i've got the daytime footage. i thought it would be cool to get some nighttime footage as well. i'll post it as soon as i can. i just love this thread!

25. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i gotta agree with this! if you've never seen MRMODELTs car in person, you're missing out. I would have bet money this was a original "barn-find" car when i first saw it! and all from a guy that looks barely old enough to shave(sorry clayton) this thing is a beautiful and accurate re-creation of a vintage jalopy-type car. not a detail out of place. this car truly deserves some magizine coverage. just a stunning rendition of a car as "built back in the day"

26. MrModelT

MrModelT

Tim,

Too funny! Its ok....I get that alot :D

"I would have bet money this was a original "barn-find" car " That is what I was going for as I put her together...A traditional T "gowjob" built in the traditional ways of the early days. I would love to see the ol' girl in one of the hot rod mags, would be neat to see her in print :)

Thanks for the Kudos Tim!

Clayton

27. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i know you've got some pretty extensive build pics. maybe you could up-date your thread a little for those that haven't seen it. still one of my all-time favorite cars! BTW you're always gonna be singled out a little for your age. sh%t i'm considered one of the "kids" in my club!

28. freebird101

freebird101

I bought my comet for $5,000.01 :D best money I have ever spent:D
    [​IMG]
    the man we bought it from said "It's a good little driver"
    I love that quote

29. Marcia

Marcia

Thanks,
    Maybe I'll make it back to Hebron this year. Cumberland, now those were the good old days. I can still smell the tires.

30. trad27

trad27

I have a little over $4,500 and 2 years into getting my T on the road.....[​IMG][​IMG]