Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So. Cal flood watch,member roll call and status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 19, 2010.

1. It JUST let up for the 1st time in about 5 hours. That's a lot of water for this area. I feel bad for the mudslide victims. It'll be a problem long after the rain stops for them. Between fires and resulting floods, I have no interest in living in the hills. Not to mention, pushing one of my heaps uphill after a failed test drive:eek:

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

53burb????? I started a thread a while back looking for him and it got closed, i smell a conspiracy? Badbob was 53burbs homie, whats up with him bob?

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Dear Lord!:eek:

4. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hahaha.

5. rbroadster

rbroadster

Redondo / Torrance here.

No major problems but, with today being trash day, dozens of big plastic floaters all over the streets! :D

Went down to RPV to look at the surf at lunch today... INCREDIBLE!!!

- RBR

6. firingorder1

firingorder1

Its all good. El Mirage needs the rain. We might get a good surface to race on. The lake bed has been crap for the last few seasons. The sooner we get back the better.

P.S. Dust beats mud hands down any day!

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. Home town of Richard Nixon and Bad Bob hangin tough.....

8. Hell_Air

Hell_Air
    from Monrovia

Wiped all bare metal with wd40 and all is good

9. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Here's some footage from yesterdays storms:
    San Pedro

Los Angeles

South Bay yeasterday

Costa Mesa

10. Weasel

Weasel

Maybe he changed his ID to Knux?;)

11. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

My wife was on Nordhoff on Tuesday...Said from Van Nuys Blvd to the 405 must have seen half a dozen stalled cars....Only the center lane was passable....

12. Special Ed

Special Ed

Here in San Diego as of this morning (1/21/2010), our official rainfall total for the entire month of January is a whopping 1.62 inches. That is just a bit over one and half inches...:cool:

13. sota

sota

Looking at weather.com it looks like the weather will be good for the GNRS!!!

14. as if the weather/road conditions weren't bad enough...the driver in the 3rd clip needed to operate a camera while operating a car. Pure genius

15. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Glad you all are relatively unscathed out there so far- stay safe and take care of one another! Freak storms, tornados, mudslides, fires, and earthquakes. Still my favorite place to visit and NONE OF THIS will deter me from moving there in 9 years (or less) when I've had enough of riding firetrucks in Metro DC Hell.

If you can get a jetski or a small boat and some towrope, surf-wake-boarding through the streets is always fun- eating it can hurt sometimes though!

16. dirt

dirt

well, i have been fighting the water since monday here in norco. we've been flooded 3 times already. i have 3 utility pumps going just to keep the water out of my front door. water got about 10 feet into the garage, luckily i put anything that could get water damaged up and out of the way. it sucks not having any storm drains and a 4 wide/70' long drivway that slopes toward the garage and house.

17. knucklescars

knucklescars

I was led to believe Armageddon would involve much fire and brimstone. Good luck cali-folks. I've been in Palm-caster for some heavy rains. No bueno.

18. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Apparently a few people already have that idea:

19. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I must have some damn good drainage/sewer systems in my nieghborhood. No flooding of any kind... but damn there is a lot of rain hitting the ground.

20. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Santa Clarita is doing good. If we could just get CalTrans to fix the flashing red lights at Sierra Hwy and Golden Valley road that have been out for days! It's creating a traffic nightmare because that is a main artery through the Santa Clarita Valley. Last night when I left the gym around 6:45pm, the Sheriff's were out directing traffic.
    Good 'ol Cal Trans. Upping our fees for our cars doesn't even make them more efficient!

21. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

First the tempurature plunges down into the 50's, then we get torrential rains. Where is FEMA, where is the National Guard? Send help fast!!!

Attached Files:

22. I'm sure they have their hands full.

23. THAT'S funny! hahahahahahaahah.

24. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I hear that helicoptors will be dropping bags of rice by the end of the week.

25. flyin-t

flyin-t

from the front page of our local paper yesterday in Long Beach.

26. Hang on, the Gov'ment will be there right AFTER Haiti. Remember, when it comes to OUR tax dollars, we come last......if at all

27. hudson48

hudson48

Look how quickly that we got results from the talkfest at Copenfloppin
    Within a few weeks we had record low temperatures across Europe and USA and now the drought in California is fixed up.

You can see from the pictures how hard they worked.Your tax dollars wisely spent

Attached Files:

28. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

My pool officially overflowed this morning. Had to clear the decking drains this morning and all is well in San Diego.

29. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Yup, like the other Jackie over on the spanish channel...
    [​IMG]

30. Not a heavy rain today, just a lot of it. The pool is full up to the edge.
    Tuesday was the day for the monsoon! Looked like a cow pissing on a flat rock!
    Always fun to get 2 years worth of rain in 3 days.