Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indoor Burn Outs!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billandlori, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Its cold and snowy outside, I need a fix.

Anyone got any indoor/garage burn out pics?? Cars, trucks, bikes, quads, lawn mowers etc.....:cool:

Bill

2. Wish I had some of when our car club left the Starbird show in OKC in 1985. The tire marks were on that floor for months! Last time we ever went there. The show sucked in many ways.

3. Sounds like you salvaged a bit of fun anyway!!

Bill

4. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

Its also a good way to pop craters in the concrete! :eek:

5. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

6. kinda dark, but its a video of this years halloween party where El Diablo Blanco rolled his car in, laid frame and burned it till it popped, right in front of the band in the shop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844KRG_0S8g

7. oldpaint

oldpaint

A friend of mine owned a body shop in a building that had a long center lane with stalls off to the sides. We had done some work to my El camino and I was doing burnouts down the lane. The office was at the front of the building. Of course we couldn't hear anyone come in while I was having fun. I was backing up to make another pass when the office door slowly opened. It was a local pastor that had come for an estimate. The place was full of tire smoke and smelled like burnt rubber, but an estimate got written. He didn't get the job thought!
    SORRY HANSEN!!!

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My big brother, tearin' it up!

Attached Files:

9. SWEET!!:cool:

Bill

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Did it in the garage once, DAD GOT MAD :mad:. O-well it was a long time ago

11. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Model T - Caddy pushoff

Attached Files:

12. Well done!!!

Bill

13. pecker head

pecker head

Hell yeah ! I dig burnouts , can't beleive the safety police have not posted comments !

14. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

40+years ago,listening to WLS in chicago I heard ads for indoor drag races run during the winter months.Later a teacher we had said he'd attended the races.shut-down area was through a set of doors to the outside!He also claimed a car got sideways and made the door a bit wider.Any oldtimers recll indoor drag racing?

15. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95011

16. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

Thanks for the link!!

17. Kinda-sorta off the "indoor burnout" theme, but closely related, is the "rental car burnout". Take two rentals, put them nose-to-nose, wet the pavement, and let the fun begin!!! Did that with a pair of Chrysler Sebrings in a Western US touristy-town, at the hotel parking lot. Ah, what fun!

PS - get the insurance!

18. burnout2614

burnout2614

patrick66, you do realize a hundred hambers are renting cars at this very moment!

19. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

Not a burn out video, but we did fire our nitro funny car inside the shop Sunday evening. We are getting ready to run in the IHRA Prostalgia funny car series and just finished reassembling the engine. This is running on 88% nitro in the tank !! The video is pretty cool. Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWD1mms9-Q

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  20. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I built a rear end for a buddy of mine for his Chevrolet 4X4. as soon as I let the lift down I told him to back it out. well he did a two minute burn out right in the shop and I had to open every door to let the smoke out. That crazy act killed a brand new carrier by gualding the spider gears to the pin. The shop smelled like rubber for a week. And I got to charge him for building the rear again.

21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

No pics but still a good one that made Pop proud and Ma pissed but I think only cause she missed it............. I filled the garage in my folks back yard with tire smoke of my Hayabusa five or six years ago. Would not have been such a big deal except they were running the swamp cooler and a shit-load of smoke got sucked into the house. I managed to fill two buildings with tire smoke at once.

22. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

and it was already in the garage to boot, lol.

23. That is off the stick!! That must have sounded amazing. Love how the car jumps when you whack it!!

Bill

24. LMAO!! Quick service for sure!!

Bill

25. btmatt

btmatt

No pics or video, but my brother broke both rear axles in our OT car in the shop. Can you say KABOOM; We all just about busted a gut when it happened.

26. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGkgvPsbIIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGkgvPsbIIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mStge7meKmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mStge7meKmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    heres a couple i found on u tube.

27. That Cobra is great!!

I guess most of the burn-outs are kinda spur-of-the-moment and don't get any pictures taken.

Bill

28. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I don't have any pics, but my uncle told me that back in the day, he built a brand new shop behind his house. He raced a blown/injected 392 front engine dragster, and decided that the floor was too clean while they were tuning it one day. He climbed in, dropped the hammer and smoked it from the end of the garage out the door.
    Every light bulb and florescent tube in the shop broke, and my aunt was out the back door chewing his ass before he climbed out of the car.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." And it was!

-Brad

29. Isn't that how your SUPPOSED to break in a new shop????:D

Bill

30. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC