Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So. Cal flood watch,member roll call and status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 19, 2010.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

But the biggest bummer is that the drive in at GNRS will be screwed up. At least for those of us who are still fixing our windows.[/QUOTE]

hopefully it will be gone by then!

2. LBCD

LBCD

It doesn't rain too much in Socal but when it does...it freaken comes down hard. Then you add some high winds and its coming at ya sideways and tears up roofs fast.

Tornado warnings makes the the little ones scared...all schools were on lock down yesterday and probably today and the worst is coming tomorrow.

I need gutters bad! Any custom gutter guys on here? :D

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

So did the raisin turn back into a grape yet?

4. Jay71

Jay71

I love these storms. More Jackie Johnson!!!!:D

5. That's Funny! :D

6. 61TBird

61TBird

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

For those who aren't in the El Lay area...she's our local weather reporter and expert on floatation devices...

[​IMG]

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

What channel is she on?? I like Aleda from channel 4 morning news. (SPEEKNG OF FLOATATION DEVISES)

9. jasone

jasone

Oh Jackie....she's on Channel 9 in the nine and 10'clock hours. For all you guys and gals in the valley (SF) AVOID NORDHOFF AT ALL COSTS! It's almost like Nordhoff between Tampa and the 405 is the plateau which everything north runs down too and floods like a New Orleans ward....What? Too soon?

10. 64sled

64sled

Best part of the news report ;)

11. I heard she has really bad breath.

12. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

is that what makes the Tumwater???

13. Some Guy

Some Guy

My Merc got very wet at work, it looks like a wet dog under the car cover. Driving with vacuum powered wipers is alot of fun too.

Attached Files:

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take care guys. Mud slides can be really dangerous. It looks like there is more one the way too. We're getting hammered up here as well.

On a brighter side, this is our drinking water for the rest of the year. Not sure if it was absolutely necessary that we got it all in one shot.

15. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Latest update for Storm Watch 2K10 from Newport Beach........... we just saw a blonde girl in flip flops with a small dog fly by !

16. elrobo818

elrobo818

the 101 van nuys blvd entrance heading west/north was flooded on monday... crazy stuff...

its a nice calm rain right now... im gonna wait for 2:45 to come around... we'll see what happens =X

17. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Glad to see everyone is in good health,sorry to here about some of the damage. JJ still hasn't chimed in,maybe he's roping tornadoes?

18. John Denich

John Denich

Who is "JJ"????

19. Snow is nice and DRY;). Sun Valley (near Burbank) reporting in. LOTS of rain for the last few hours. Streets flooded badly. Some water in my shop. But not too bad......for now anyway. I have a metal carport next to the shop right by my entry door. When it drizzles, it sounds like rain under it. When it rains, it sounds like a Hurricane. When it hails, like it did earlier, it sounds like bombs going off. Man, that shit was LOUD! I gave myself the rest of the day ( or was it the week?:D) off.

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

J J Walker, the star of "Good Times"

[​IMG]

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jessie James. Yes, he is on this board, and regularly contributes.:)

22. John Denich

John Denich

YES I know that he contributes, The guys that have been here a while will get the Humor.....ala 53Burb....What happened to him!!!

23. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Not too bad here in Poormona compared to other So. Cal cities. No leaks in my roof at my house and its elevated so that helps... A lot of new pot holes, ignorant, impatient drivers that make my blood boil and just a mess! I absolutely HATE excessive rain or any kind of moisture for that matter! People that say they love this weather must have never had to work in it! Rain = Rust, and much more maitenence for everything. Could be worse though...

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

maybe under a new name?

25. HanelineJake

HanelineJake

I just made it out of Big Bear on Sunday when it started to dump. I hadn't seen hail in a long time, so that was kinda cool.

Glad to see we don't have any leaks at our new location. This is the first real storm since we moved.

As long as this is it for the month, and it doesn't put a damper on the GNRS. When it rained during the show a couple years ago, lots of people just stayed home.

26. John Denich

John Denich

Maybe the guy that started this thread HUH...See Doug gets my Humor!!!

27. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

North El Monte checking in... everything A-O-K.

28. A "Gully Washer" just roared through here a couple of hours ago. Water came gushing through the sliding door of our living room. Water and mud all over the carpet and floors,the cat ran away, I didn't get my afternnon nap, and it disrupted my work on my car for the GNRS. But, life is good! I've got guys working on the mess, now. If I could only find someone that could do ALL the work needed on the car. "Dawg"

29. There's quite a few sexy weather women on T.V.in the mornings

30. Good thing I just checked my mail. The Postal Carrier left my box open, now my mail for the day is JUNK! Freakin genius