Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Oh yeah, maybe with salt flats and www's, please????? Thanks again!!!

2. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

A nice side shot of your car would help a lot. I think you explained that you didn't have one, but if you could possibly get a better shot it would help a ton in photoshopping your ride.

Here's a car I did a while back on this thread. My apologies for not remembering the member name!:rolleyes: Just thought you might want to see it.

Attached Files:

3. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

You did those Chevy scallops using just the touch pad? That's damn good!

4. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

That is the best pic I have, but the lite green car on top is the same body style I have, if that would make your life any easier. And I love the stripes on the car, maybe I could be so bold as to ask to use the same car, but Blue Balls on the roof, siler base and blue on the stripes and Salt flats w/ wide whites. Hopefully I am not asking for way too much, but it might make your life a little bit easier, also if you use the same pic maybe change the background, PLEASE-thanks again!!!

5. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I'll go back, find out who's car that is and ask him if it's OK. No problem.

6. RichG

RichG

...by the time you change the background, wheels, tires, no one will ever know who's car it was!:p

7. RichG

RichG

Well, I guess I've finally achieved true geek status...got some new software and can't stop playing with it...

Original black and white photograph:
    [​IMG]

That photograph with some color added (Corel Paintshop Pro V.9)

[​IMG]

...and finally that photograph ran through Coral Painter Essentials 4

[​IMG]

8. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

Here is a pic of the car I may buy and a some what photo shop using paint

Attached Files:

9. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

the ol' wagon could still use a tweeking if anyone is interested???
    satin/jade green, black top, black bumpers, lowered?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

10. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

OK I have been talked down from the ledge, please stop yourself from going crazy with me. I am thinking, no I am sure of going with more of a LeMans type of blue body, white top w/ abalone pearl, and steel wheels with spyder cars, rings, etc. If you could please show me the way that would be awesome, if you want to tell me to piss off I can accept that too. If I may be so bold, I am digging the stripes & scallops from above, could you convert them to my new and final color combo? Please dont kill me, just Illinois Winters are long and lots of dreamin while waiting for Spring. Thanks again for the help.

11. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Tweaked.

Attached Files:

12. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

SDhotrod! That's awesome, thanks a lot!!

13. skoh73

skoh73

Thanks SDhotrod! It took way longer than it would have with a mouse even. A LOT of work with the pen tool! I have to find a better way to lay down stripes! :D

14. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

Thanks SDhotrod. That will help out with showing her what I want. Nice work!!!

15. Tried Adobe Illustrator?

16. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I use the Pen/Path/Bezers tool to make scallops. What does Adobe Illustrator offer that makes it easier James?

17. There´s probably not much in it if you´re used to using PS, - it´s still the same beziers and paths - but you can quickly change fill and stroke colours and stroke weights and make the layers transparent on the newer versions. Easy to change the shape of scallops too, if they don´t come out right the first time (as always!).

18. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

19. skoh73

skoh73

Hi James,
    No, I haven't tried "Illustrator" yet. I'll have to be happy with my "free" Photoshop for now :).

To do scallops I simplu use the pen tool, layout my scallops, then fill them. To stripe I layout thin lines around the scallops, following the contours as best I can, and then double back to where I started and fill it in. Very tedious and the results are not as perfect as I would like them to be. Haven't found an easier way yet...

20. skoh73

skoh73

uuuuummmmm... :)

21. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

skoh73, does your photoshop allow you to "stoke the path"?(I know, that sounds kind filthy.:eek:) I use GIMP and it allows you to place a line directly over the path, at any pixel width you would like. It's part of the menu when using the pen tool. This works great for "pinstriping" around the scallops. I don't have Photoshop(just and ancient Elements version),so I don't know if you can do that, but I bet you can.

22. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Does anyone have a side pic of a car with steelies with spider caps and rings? I, for the life me can't find one.:mad: The color of the wheels doesn't matter, but black would be great. Thanks.

23. Can anyone help me on this? I am getting ready for paint in the next few months...and I am trying to decide between candy green and candy gold. Can anyone please do a color change for me? Mucho thanks.

Attached Files:

24. RichG

RichG

I don't have a whole car, but I do have a few wheels if that helps:D I find pics with elements I like and create small pics from them, then file them according to type...just a little time saver when you're goofin' on a car:p Different angles also help so I don't have to distort so much when the car is at an angle.

Attached Files:

25. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Thank you man.:) I've been doing the same thing, except I hadn't thought of cutting out the wheels or other features of cars like that. Good idea, it'll save some hard drive space.

BTW, WTF is Le Mans blue? I've Googled it and have come up with every shade of blue known to man!:confused:

Thanks all.

26. RichG

RichG

Candied green :D

Attached Files:

27. RichG

RichG

Yeah, it just makes it easier to sort them, if I want a wheel, I go to my wheel folder, and they're all named so I can identify them quickly.

Lemans blue? If I had to guess, I'd go with the blue of Carroll Shelby's Cobra's...but that's just me...to be honest, I think that when they start giving "special" names to colors you end up all over the map!:p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  28. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Here are several shades of blue. I hope I hit it right on at least one of them. I left the roof as is, as it's not really possible to create a pearl look. Unless anyone wants to share a way to do that!

Attached Files:

29. skoh73

skoh73

Hey SD,
    I don't think I have that capability with 'Shop- not 100% sure. I need to bone up on my skills and learn some new things.

30. skoh73

skoh73

As a die hard Packer fan, I think they're both great! :D