Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I've got its little sister;
    [​IMG]

Dean Lowe likes this.
  2. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

If you have a digital cam, that will work.

3. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

[​IMG]
    Here is an updated pic of my project. I reworked the frame abit, installed some old chrome wish bones I got from a friend, put a stock bent 32 rear spring and installed a 34 rear crossmember.I'm hoping to c notched the rear frame and install the clutch and brake pedals in over thanksgiving break. Just finished filling the dash and got the stewart warner panel installed.[​IMG]

29EHV8 likes this.
  4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a little more info on 1932 Fords!!----Don:D:D

Attached Files:

5. By way of BTTT-ing this thread, and idle curiosity about DDD's post above: I've been reading hot rod and car mags since 1969 and can't recall ever seeing the difference between the "standard" and "deluxe" models of 1932 Fords.

6. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

For the most part delux had cowl lights, two tail lights and ashtrays. Standards could get the right rear tail light added at the dealers.

7. Lookin' good! Whatever happened to the flat black one you guys had?

8. Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    clem likes this.
  9. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Lookin' good! Whatever happened to the flat black one you guys had?

My Flat black one got re incarnated into about 7 different 32 fords over the last ten years. I sold the body to guy in Oregon who had me build a stockish frame for it and was put back on the road[​IMG]

10. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Dueling Fordoors we can build em any way you want :) [​IMG][​IMG]

We were moving the Hiboy Fordoor into it's spot as it just got back from upholstery & I spotted a Kodak Moment.

The Full Fendered Fordoor is Alan & Penny Harsen's we just got done doing a Kugel IFS & helped out the rear end, it's a Fordoor we've been involved with for a looong time, great car , old chop , new paint .

11. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

This was my driver until I sold it to A great guy here in Fresno who drives it often. The other one belonged to Clyde Barrow.

Attached Files:

12. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

The more full fender fordors I see, the more I like them. The Harsen's at Steve's look perfect with the Halibrands.

13. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cheers MS it has a heavier chop than Janel's Hiboy , the full fenders carry it off better in my opinion , we photochopped the Hiboy & 2 1/2" was great 3" looked too much .

14. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

They both look great, Steve. It gives me the inspiration to keep moving on mine.

15. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I'm glad about that , your family will love it ,I know Carol loves her Fordoor , we use it a lot , a true family Hot Rod[​IMG]

Here is Carol's on the way back from The 2009 Round up , you don't need nice paint to be cool IMHO her's is original , she drives it with no stress.Get yours on the road , a little work everyday , no mater how small & it will get finished

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    spiffy1937 likes this.
  16. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

I love Carol's car. The first time I saw it was at SoCal's new location, then the GNRS.

The finish on that car is perfect, just like my 'bird. Many years of well earned patina. I drive my cars everywhere, and after having door dings, people leaning, dogs jumping on it at a show, and a mom set her baby/carseat on the rear deck while getting her Escalade door open (no lie), I am a bit nervous about having fresh paint.

17. ocfab

ocfab

Well this is my new family car and i should have it next week. the first thing to do is to fix the ride height. i will post more pics when she gets home.

[​IMG]

18. Just to put my name on the list I have a very early 4 cylinder 4 door. It is rough shape (but better than where most people start) and will end up a restoration except hydraulic brakes.

Charlie Stephens

19. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Wow OCfab that is one good looking Fordoor !!

20. andyg

andyg

I thought about buying it but need to build my truck first. I'm curious to know how good or bad the body is. Post pics and comments after you get it home please.

21. joee

joee

Got one started

Attached Files:

22. ocfab

ocfab

Well i just got her home and all and all pritty nice car. a few things that will need to be fixed. i will try to get her dropped in the next few weeks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. This thread deserves a bttt to see if we can get some new eyes on...

24. More more-doors, please...

25. Not to hijack, but with all the apparent trouble finding them I thought I'd mention that I've got a Fordor shell for sale. It's missing front doors, all garnishes, dash, firewall, floor. Not the best lowers but it's a start and a real Deuce at what I think is a real price. PM for details.

Steve

26. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Here is mine... Got it a little while back. Has a spot here and there but over all a super solid car.

[​IMG]

27. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

here's my old fordoor....gave it a facelift for my wedding car back in July, then sold it (I'm an idiot)

Attached Files:

• 864.jpg
      864.jpg
      File size:
      503.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1332.jpg
      1332.jpg
      File size:
      492.7 KB
      Views:
  28. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

This body is in great shape, but has no door latches, or
    window winders. Does anyone know where I can find them?
    Thanks,
    Alex

29. Hi Matt, congratulations on your wedding! I sure hope she likes '32 Fords and the long drive to Bonneville! I agree you should have never sold the Fordor! How's the panel doing?

30. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Hey Jerry! She's a hot rod girl...and understands Bonneville...panel is getting close to final tear down....I have all intentions of it being on the salt in august! Good to hear from ya--Matt