Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the rarest car you have come across

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davesville, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

That sucks. Stuff like that makes me sick too.

2. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

a friend of our has two of the coupes that are rust buckets and only shells, he always told us that they are really rare.

3. 1952henry

1952henry

My dad's cousin's 1937 Packard Darrin. 17 were made that year. It was treated to a '41 grill when they came out. It has the big 8. The first few made were a bit wobbly, even with cowl to frame braces, so Dutch Darrin had a new cowl cast: 3/4" aluminum. Most of the body was custom made by Darrin.

A yo-yo in my car club thinks his cars are "rare, rare, rare", a '57 T-bird, and a '53 Ford convert., really??

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

one i could afford.

5. OT cars:
    3 cars for me owned 2 of em
    1990 dakota 4x4 convertible
    1990 dakota 4x2 convertible

ive owned 2 of 1000 of these trucks. would like to own the other 998 of them
    Would love to find one of the 8 made in 91

and finally my white whale

1962 Daimler dart. 250ci ohv hemi v8 that was built from a BSA bike motor. based on a triumph tr4 chassis with a custom hand built fiberglass body that resembled a catfish. Got to ride in one.. one of these days I'll own one.

6. ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

Another one I saw as a teenager, not sure how rare but I have only seen one, though more were probably built. I would say a late 1920s Ford AA truck I wanted to hotrod. It looked standard AA with duals but on the back it had an intricately carved wood Hearse body with Glass sides and curtains. It was behind a ware house when I was about 14 and have not seen it since. It pretty much looked like this but it had the 29 grille on it and Duals.

Attached Files:

7. nutajunka

nutajunka

Red superbird, 440, six-pack, 1,200 dollars, not that it's that rare, but at 1,200 it was a rare price...:D

8. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

I dont know how rare they are, but I had a 68 dodge cart "sport special". It was a 2 door "post" model. Dont have any clue how many were made, and dont have a clue how special they were, but I have not ever seen another one. Beautiful car, 26000 original miles. Bought it at an auction for I think it was 35$. Wierd, nobody wanted it. -GothY-

9. alsancle

alsancle

there were only 1400 Hollywoods produced over 40/41 compared to 3000 of the Cord 810/812 so that would definitely make them rare. Convertible production is somewhere between 2 and 4.

10. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

I tried to buy a 1947 Chrysler 2 dr Royal when I was 16. My parents wouldn't sign off on the purchase. I have been looking for one now for 16 years and haven't even found one. they only made 1300 between 1947-49 and that was the total production of Royals not just two doors. The old fire truck I wanted I understand them denying me but the royal still hurts!

11. tim35hud

tim35hud
    from sawyer ok

I have a 33 REO 3 window coupe . I think it is really rare ,not sure how many were made

12. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

catalina 2+2, pulled the 421 put it in a le mans, pulled the 8 bolt magnesium wheels, sold those at a swap meet, crushed the rest.....

Retarded assed kids almost 30 yrs ago by now.

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Ask him what he's been smoking.

14. Skidmore

Skidmore
    from San Marcos

I saw one of those on the Great Race around 4 years ago, it was yellow.

15. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

1967 coronet hemi convertible, 4 speed ,pulled the motor back in around 72-73
    for a customer, for an estimate, guy went to jail towed the car to his house,
    a friend ended up buying the car for the hemi for his cuda or challenger. cut up
    the car believe he still has the motor but car is gone one of two cars with 4 speed.
    friend of mine just sold 27-29 Cleveland touring really nice body no chassis

16. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

The car itself I guess is pretty rare, but there was a bit of history around this particular car. This goes back to late 60's maybe very early 70's..... there was a kid in the neighborhood that bought a 427 real deal cobra, I think it was called a King Cobra. Story goes, he hit a dear or something, never fixed the car, never paid off the car. So the seller, police the bank and investigators were looking for this car. It was never found. I thought it was a BS story, but several people I knew also knew the kid that bought the car. I don't know what the out come was on the car legally.

Many years later I was getting married and was looking at houses, my girlfriend took me to this house, she knew the owner...... I took quick notice of the outside..... nice starter home. We go inside, and being a typical guy, I head for the garage.....poking around I see a car under a car cover..... I pick up the cover to see....a Cobra. Better than that a Cobra with a 427 along with front end damage. It was sitting for a while, just then my girlfriend walks in asks what I'm doing, I told her what I was looking at, her expression went to shit and warned me never say to anyone what I saw. It seemed she knew the family and the story of the car. I'm still amazed how the car was hiding in the family garage and nobody knew where it was. I guess it was hidden elsewhere then brought back here. This was in '79 or '80. There were collectors looking for this car, rewards and finders fees offered on this car. That is the rarest car I personally came across

17. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

not very rare, but I dont see a lot of these '37 club coupes around that much at shows.

18. bigBlockBill- that's pretty amazing. A sleeping Cobra. Sounds like a bunch of weird activity right there.

19. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

1929 Pierce Arrow sitting in a garage covered with garbage (yes, that kind of trash...from the old man's kitchen) and not for sale. That was 20 years ago.

20. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

In the early 80's I picked up a 64 Chevelle two door wagon. 6 cylinder 3 speed for $450 and drove it for about 6 months. I was in a wrecking yard in N. Sacramento, I think it was called Bills, when I saw a 65 2 door Chevelle two door wagon, no motor or transmission, that belonged to one of the employees. Bought that for $300. Took them to Turlock and sold both for $650. I was going through a divorce and had to get rid of them. I think they only made 600 of them one year and 1600 the next year.

I also had a 1956 Austin Healey 100/4 that came with the factory removable aluminum hard top. Bought that in Berkley also in the early 80's for $2500 and drove it home to Sacramento. The hard top was probably more rare than the car.

21. I have a rare (and I can actually use that term) 1960/61 Frisky Prince. :eek: A British fiberglass three-wheeler powered by a 2cyl motorcycle motor of which only 3 are known to exist. Mine is the only (90%) complete car that the factory built and is the one shown in books and show photos. This car was the last attempt to keep the company going before they closed by 61. Another incomplete car is known to being built from spare parts and a third car destroyed by the factory fire is rumored to exist in some form. Mine still needs a brake system installed to complete it of which off the shelve parts were used at the time and are still available. :)

Attached Files:

22. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I have a 65 chevelle 2 dr wagon but the coronet is the rarest I have come in contact with. Had a 40's Armstrong Siddeley in the shop in the late 70's for a chevy conversion don't know the rarity just the only one I have come along in person

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I just googled Armstrong Siddeley because I never heard of them. British-made luxury cars, last made in 1960. The car you saw would have made a cool rod I'm sure, especially if it had right hand drive!

24. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

yeah right hand drive, we put a small block in it, don't know where it went after that. long time ago

25. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

Hey Joe K. .......is this you.........

26. cseries

cseries

A few years back dad and i bought some stuff from a farmer about 60 miles from home. There was an old hay trailer that had a home made wooden box. The single axle under it had dust caps that said Apperson on them. I'd never heard of it. The rear fenders were used for the trailer, so I pulled them off the trailer. Advertised the fenders and a relative of the original automobile maker - great nephew maybe? - bought them. I believe this particular set of rear fenders fit about a 1920. Sold 'em cheap, but they went to the right home.

27. For me it's any car that i finish and then leave alone.:D

28. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

That's Me what's going on Bill

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  29. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

Pretty cool site huh. Your Falcon looks petty good, I never saw it in person. Just trying to get started again. How's the new year treating you. I'll talk to you soon.....enjoy the site...........Bill

30. davesville

davesville

russ tee are you kidding us . is there such a thing as a newpick.if so pics will show us all what a 1909 newpick is.newpics are required (pardon the pun)