Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 chevy truck M/C

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38jon, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Does anybody know the dimension of a 62 chevy truck dual M/C?, From the firewall forward to where the lines attach. I am thinking about using swing pedals in my roadster, but I don't know if there is enough room where the left side valve cover is. Thanks in advance.

2. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

I used one on a T Bucket I built several years ago. One side is for the brakes and the other side for the aftermarket swing pedal clutch hookup but I believe it was for a 60 Chevy p/u. It sticks out from the firewall no more than 4 inches and the lines come in from the bottom. It is still running after 30 years. I dont know if you can blow this picture up or not. On my computer under magnification you can see there is plenty of room clearing the valve covers.

Attached Files:

3. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Thanks, good looking T you got there! This is why the H.A.M.B. is so great, if you have a question, BAM, info right away. Thanks again

4. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

grouchos 32 had one too, and I found some pics of a bucket with one..

Attached Files:

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Off hand..does anybody know the bore size of a 60-62 truck master?

6. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

My 60 GMC has a rectangular master cylinder that measures 4" wide by 4 1/2" tall
    2 1/2" deep, and from the firewall to where the lines come out on the bottom is 4 1/2". The inner bore on mine looks like 3 5/16" x 2". Hope that helps. On a side note my bolt just broke off when I took the cap off, now I have something to work on!

7. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The bore is 1&1/8 both bores.

8. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Thanks 454 that is exactly what I needed, if I was closer I'd help with the broken bolt. Ha Ha

9. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

No problem, I've been bored all day!

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thanks John...I have a Ansen pedal setup with this truck master, I want to use this in conjunction with my T5,,,,
    I have a Wilwood internal slave right now that has a 7/8 bore... so i assume i need the matching external slave that was the stock setup on the chevy truck master.....correct?

11. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The stock Chevy slave bore was 1&1/16 used with those cylinders. With the Ansen pedal setup remember to move the residial check valve to the bore closest to car center line. Other than the ck valve the rest of the guts are the same both bores.