Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Junkyards in Washington State and Oregon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flat top austin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. flat top austin

flat top austin

Hey I am looking to go on a trip with my dad junkyard hunting in Washington and Oregon does anybody know where some good ones are with alot of old iron?? Thanks austin.

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

belfair auto wrecking, All American Classics in Vancouver wa is a kick

3. RichG

RichG

Avoid the asshat along I-5 near Vader (I think?). Lots of neat looking stuff from the road...don't waste your time.

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I talked to that dude the other day, he was rad. He told me to come back with my purse! That dude is a super hero. He has a ton of cars as well all for sale. You just gotta watch yer step and show some respect (even when the guy is a ass) he warms up. When I left he told me my Tattoos gave me a minus ten, but I erned it back next time bring yer purse.
    They don't make dudes like that anymore man. top noch

5. If you are in the Yakima area head south to Toppenish then south on 97. On the east side of the road just south of the golf course just outside town are several acres of cars. The fellow that owned them passed last year. His son still is around. My understanding is nothing is for sale but there a couple of hundred early iron vehicles there.

6. RichG

RichG

Maybe I stopped on a bad day. I look "fairly" respectable, he was just a flat out asshole, didn't want to talk, didn't want me looking around, nothin'. The vibe I got was it was for lookin' and rich folk...like I said, maybe it was his time of the month.

Neat place, but yeah, that stuff isn't for sale, and the last time I was there (probably 12 years ago) it was really starting to disintegrate:(. 'Course, then again, I played on those cars 30 some years ago, so my opinion might be biased.

7. flat top austin

flat top austin

That guy in vader is a jerk i heard!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live 3/4 of a mile up the road from him. His dad did die last year at 94 or so years old I think. He also lost his wife a couple of months ago so I haven't been down there to check lately. The last time I was there a lot of the stuff was in pretty sad shape.

For years the state would send guys around to try to buys stuff off them and another guy who had a big batch of cars a few miles away to nail them for running illegal wrecking yards but neither would sell anything and that is the main reason he hasn't had stuff for sale.

9. RichG

RichG

I hadn't heard that about the dad:(, too bad, he was always really nice to this snot nosed kid running around asking questions and generally annoying the hell out of everyone...

10. Ter409

Ter409
    from NE Oregon

If you want some neat old iron check out the mostly "A" and early Iron out by the airport by Baker City. It is an old private collection that is for sale. Also Ontario has an old iron lot just out of town on the road to Vale. Ter409

11. flat top austin

flat top austin

Wheres baker city at?

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, he was about as nice as they come. I went to school with his kids and graduated with one of the daughters.

13. Ter409

Ter409
    from NE Oregon

It is on Hwy 84 on the way east from Portland to Boise Idaho. Mile post 302. This stuff was the remnants of the old Baker city wrecking yard with some parts from The Dalles. The old guy took all the old iron home. He mostly saved the "A" stuff. He has piles of fenders and misc. parts. I am not into early iron so I can't tell all he has. Ter409

14. flat top austin

flat top austin

15. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

You guys have a couple of older yards out on the peninsula ? I thought there was one in the Purdy area? Another towards Shelton?

16. flat top austin

flat top austin

Yeah there is one in Purdy called rons auto wrecking but we wanna go to some ovther places an find more yards an stuff ya know?

17. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

What are ya lookin for?

18. flat top austin

flat top austin

Just anything man were really into 59-60 GM car I have a 60 impala flattop my dad has a 59 impala flattop an my mom has a 59 pontiac starchief flattop so pretty much stuff like that or what ever else because ive been to like everyone around this area so we wanna get out of dodge for a while an find some other ones

19. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

If ya have'nt seen all american classics ya need to.

20. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

I agree with dude, All American has alot of parts for your cars, pretty good guys there too, but you will pay a premium. Worth the stop though. huge yard.

21. flat top austin

flat top austin

Ohh yeah ive been there a few times i heard theres a yard in Battle ground!

22. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

i DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT ONE, I do know some dudes around here that deal in Impalas

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Woah sorry about the caps

24. flat top austin

flat top austin

Oh really? Yeah my dad use to have a TON! of 59 chevy parts but he sold it all!

25. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

You had that 60 in Elma? I think.. I have 3 dudes in the car club with 59s two rag tops and a 4 door

26. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I stopped once driving by and had an unpleasant encounter. I bumped into him at the big Portland Swap meet not long after and had a pleasant chat about the car he had brought to sell.

I'd suggest getting there early enough in the day he is still drinking coffee.

27. flat top austin

flat top austin

Yeah it was in elma an we went to Olympia in like september because two memebers of the club im in live down there we wnt to a little showe at a BBQ place

28. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I knew I saw it there. Elma that is I had my 50 there I loved your car man it was parked by the vendors booths . Two members live here?? Chev truck and a t bird? I know Jacob

29. Antique Auto Ranch right here in Spokane. Nothin better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. flat top austin

flat top austin

Thanks man yeah jacobs got the truck an the guy with the t-bird is lucky! jacob is going to be doing the interior in my car soon. An your truck was pretty sick man i looked at it a few times at that show in elma