Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many iowa hambers on here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 31, 2009.

1. billygoat67

billygoat67

hello fort dodge iowa here.

2. Anybody going to Vintage Torque May 1, 2010?

3. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I am planning on going, looks to be a good time.

4. Master of None

Master of None

Rockwell city IA here 25 miles west of Fort dodge. Planning on attending the vintage torque fest may 1.

5. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

another Oliver..southside Des Moines.

6. banjo

banjo

raised in davenport, moved across the crik (moline ill)

7. PoPo

PoPo

come back over, the water is better on this side of the river.!!

8. carryallman

carryallman

hi guys , im from norwalk,just south of des moines , my wife and i have worked the gate on sat. evenings at the good guys for several years ,have several 48 anglias,prefects.stock and rodded,daily driver a 65 chevy carryall w/zz4,turbo 400,all seats to haul the grandkids,needs some body work BUT car has lots of fun driving in it . i also have a 39 int. school bus on a 1991 c 30 chevy chassis ,needs mounts and body big panel work and hook up the 366 and allison trans ,it will be a good rod run" motor home" or a toter for pulling relic rods home ! i always have rod stuff to do in my shop ,having just bought a 6 ft shear and press brake it makes lots of jobs easier! ,just bought a 58 -392 for one of the anglias ,should be a nice differant driver ? anyway hope to meet some of you other hambers from iowa ,maybe a saturday get together this winter ? somewhere coffee /donuts burgers ?somebody set it up! see ya mike "carryallman" wahl

9. coppertone

coppertone

Lake Mills here. On the border just south of Albert Lea. Waiting patiently for spring.

10. bugz

bugz

Waterloo, Iowa here staying out of the cold thinking of workin on the 50 AD. Still to damn cold!

11. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

OK holidays over-time to get back to work in the garage for me!! And Tork Fest-defiitley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

Altoona here... Hope to see a lot of you at shows this summer and don't forget about the Hot Rod Power Tour that starts June 5th at Newton Speedway!!!!

13. Hells yeah Im going, cant wait for this show, hope the weather is good!

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

planning on it

15. Another Pella guy here. My projects change every couple of months. I would like to attend more shows but I am busy at the Eddyville Raceway Park during the summer. Bologna Nats in Pella are really good. We have a Nostalgia Weekend at the drag strip in July and the World Fuel Altered Nationals in August. Tom - restorit

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I hope to start gathering names for VOLUNTEERS for the show.

If you want to get in for FREE and help this event be a success - then PLEASE donate some time.

2 Hour shifts are what we are aiming for.

Based on what others have told me - I need 80 volunteers.

Cause 1/3 wont show up when they are supposed to and another percentage wont actually do their assigned duties! (of course if we had the Red Shirt Army we would not need to worry - ha)

SO - you can get in free, get some cool unique shirt for the volunteers (or possibly something even cooler), and know that you are helping out a great cause.

The entire point of this event is to have FUN. TO help this, we need this thing to be somewhat organized and that is where the volunteers come in.

Please email me with your contact info and the earliest time that you could help out (obviously the earlier, the better)

Thanks

John Wells
    [email protected]

17. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I live in Wisconsin now, but I lived in pella for 5 years. Nice little town.

18. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Who?

19. PieisgooD

PieisgooD
    from Omaha

Im from across the river(Omaha). You Iowa guys put on some nice car shows!

20. Be sure to count the Oliver Crew in!!

21. slammed

slammed

I'll do (2) 2hour shift's.

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will be talking to a lot more people this weekend at the Quad City Hot Rod Show

I will keep everyone posted

23. So, who was the dummy that got his/her "rat rod" pickup stuck in the median on I-80 just west of Des Moines last week? Was there on Saturday morning (and likely earlier), but gone by Sunday afternoon.

24. May Street Relics

May Street Relics

from montour have 29 ford two door sedan with 7in chop with a big block old sorry it only 455 also getting parts read to built 29 pickup is this close to you

25. wayneat

wayneat

I guess I am the token Hamber from Northwood. 4 miles from Minnesota, 7 miles east of I-35. We put on an early 4 banger speed meet on Sept. 11 in conjunction with the Aristocrats downtown car show. A very fun day.

26. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

haha ! ya pretty sure i know you chris !

27. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

bump for torque fest in farley iowa ! may 1st ! all of us iowa hambers have no excuse not to go and make this a premier midwest event !

28. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be at Torque Fest, sounds like it will be a good show.

29. To all the Iowa hambers, contact coolstuff or search for the torquefest thread, lets get on board and volunteer for a 2 hour shift if you havent done so already. Its the only way this event will be around for years to come.

Brad

30. PoPo

PoPo

i was going to make torquefest but not anymore. I will only be attending the RR in Wayland this may.