Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

Looking for some wheels and tire ideas???
    I have to go up to at least a 15, beacuse I'm upgrading to disc brakes on the front, so the 14s have to go

I'm thinking

1. 15 black steel with 57 caddy cap with bullet center or..

2. 15 Chrome steel with spider cap or

3. less Hamb friendly 17" Salt flat mag wheel polished outer and cast center.

4. maybe some astro supreme's?

5 I thinking black walls but maybe some whide whites would be ok IDK

I can't decide.... HELP me...... Please....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

[​IMG]

yeh the multicolor theme has been messin with me 2.
    This is about as close to stock for mine I've seen, even though it's a model.. I've had success with it.

3. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

Thats my best friend Poor Boy Jason's old chevy, he built and painted that car himself. good choice!

4. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

Thanks JAMES,,,,,,

Sunshine14,
    Ya him and i have chatted once its a bad ass car for sure...

5. freebird101

freebird101

can any one show my comet as a gasser with the front having 12 spokes
    [​IMG]
    and no money charge

6. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Well, I found this black and white and did a mild custom for ya.

Attached Files:

7. bobjob55

bobjob55

the wife says eggplant with ghost flames..i need some inspiration..anything you can do??
    i also need to make the grill shorter by 2 uprights on each side to fit the radiator opening and finish headlites..

Attached Files:

8. RichG

RichG

#1) No one has been charged for anything done in this thread. Ever.

#2) "Please" goes a long, long ways.

9. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Don't forget to add that providing clear side shots are considerably easier to work with. ;)

10. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Hey! pretty cool.. supremes with white walls pretty cool.

11. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Amen to that.

12. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

Anybody feel like workin' on the Falcon?
    I was thinking black roof, black bumpers and satin jade green body. with black steelies. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

13. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

James D .... Thanks that is killer I'm going with the supremes. I wasn't going to do the skinny whites but that looks too good, now I think I will have to go with it just like that..

Much later plans call for a root-beer metal flake and Black roof and side instead of white if you want to make a few color changes PLEASE.... (Just change the white to black would be good enough. Please

Thanks again, it helped sway the wife :D

14. Go on then. I still had the file open.

[​IMG]

15. RichG

RichG

^^^now THAT is a good looking wagon!:D^^^

16. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

OH Yeah... I like. Thanks a ton James D. I was worried with the skinny whites if I switched to the black it would look unbalanced, but I like it.

You da man.

I may add lake pipes, and spot lights for a more custom feel....but it looks great as it is.

17. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Maybe not quite what you were looking for, but perhaps it will help.

Attached Files:

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

and whatever ya do, NO tinted windows....

hahahahahaha .

19. skoh73

skoh73

Sorry it took so long- still using the one of the most archaic processes for Photoshop. I WILL get a graphics tablet in the next few weeks. It aint perfect, but I hope you dig it.
    [​IMG]

20. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

The color is perfect, not sure about the Watson style after all. You did a beatiful job, and thanks a MILLION times, but I think I am going to keep it more of a late 50's/early 60's type of look. To think what my new baby could look like is helping me get through this crappy Winter. Would I be a terrible person if I asked about trying the car with wide whites, spyder caps, rinds and beauty rings, little bit lower and all the lite blue with white roof?? and if I may be so bold, maybe a sage type of green color. I really appreciate the hard work, but I think it might be a little too much disco of a look. Please accept my thanks in advance, and could you PLEASE try the different color combos with the wheels & tires. The light blue is almost exactly what I had in mind, kinda a Pontiac lite blue metallic engine paint. You are awesome, and THANKS AGAIN!!!

21. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

James damn man your good. How the hell do you get a metalic flake??

22. Thank you.

I use the "noise" filter.

23. RichG

RichG

I bought my wife the Wacom "Bamboo" tablet for Christmas...now I'm trying to learn how to use it. Definitely a new set of skills are needed for these little buggers, but the flexibility is awesome!

24. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I've got a 8 x 6" tablet from Genius. It's a cheapie, under $50. But for just messing around like I do, it works great. If I had to do it again, I'd get a smaller tablet. When I purchased it, I thought, "the bigger the better". But If I had to do it again, I'd get a smaller one. In total, this one measures about 12 x 11" in total and takes up a lot of desk space. You can do a lot with just a mouse, but when you can hold the stylus in your had like a pencil, you can do so much more.

Electrodude, you bought it for your wife? Ya sure...Haha! Just yankin' your chain.

25. RichG

RichG

Yeah, well, it's true!...just because I can use it too...well...you know...:p

She does web pages and design, so I DID get it for her, but she hasn't taken to it yet, so I figured I'd give it a try too:D.

26. skoh73

skoh73

Thanks for the tips on the graphics tablets gentleman. SDhotrod- that is exactly what I'm thinking- I CAN do a lot with a mouse (even though, for the last few months I've been using my fingers on the touchpad and keyboard :( ) but I can't even imagine how it could be to use this program with a stylus!

27. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

I don't want to change the subject but I really like your car in your avatar and if you would be so kind to post a bigger picture or a link I would really appreciate it. I have a 50-chopped project I hope to finish someday, I have original skirts on it but I like the ones you have on the Ford. I have a set on my 54 Merc and wondered what a set would look like on the Ford.
    Thanks for putting that car on as your avatar.

<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    Didn't mean to disrupt this thread so I hope no one is offended.

five.JPG

28. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

OK guys I have been deep in thought over the last couple of days/weeks/months and I had a really crazy idea. I love the Watson look, but I just don't think it's right for me, sorry & I really appreciate the time spent in the design. Could you please try one more time, but lets go crazy. I have been tossing the idea of a simple silver body and then going with a Roth Flake Blue Balls roof, and wheels, wide whites, bullets cap, spyder rings, etc.....I am leaving the visor on, and love the chome, but I am looking to really stand out in the crowd, partly the reason I am not going flat black w/ red wheels. Like the look, but not for me. So could you pretty please give it 1 more try, I know you guys are busy, but I promise I will not ask for any more favors. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!