Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 23t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedysilver, Jun 3, 2009.

1. speedysilver

speedysilver

hey
    sorry i havent been on here to keep you all updated but it has beem slow going all i have gotten done is the floor and altered a leaf spring for my quarter eliptical front end.

Attached Files:

2. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

looing good keep us posted

3. thats more progress than ive done on mine latly.

4. speedysilver

speedysilver

yea i was trying to get it done for the street rod nationals this august but with the ecominy making it difficult to get a job it is hard to get any work done.

5. crashgravis

crashgravis

6. speedysilver

speedysilver

quick update on my 23t bucket i might get 2 stromberg 97 and a set of m/t valve covers to put atop my chevy small block.i m planing to put a quick change rear end in it. i am ordering some parts next week when i get my pay check. finished altering both spring packs and hope to soon start working on the floor, suspention and engine.

7. speedysilver

speedysilver

sorry i have updated you guys on my build lately but i have been busy with some other stuff i got a posie front spring and a steering shaft givin to me by my uncle and i made a new gauge pod out of a old head like bucket foun a guy to chop some glass into my body to stiffen it up. and some other random stuff here and there. ill post some pics later today

8. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Looking good.
    I am waiting on your 1/4 elliptical set up post.
    How long are the posie's springs?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks good! I noticed a bit of your frame in the one pic Did you do the work? Those holes are a nice look not seen too often on a T Bucket. I like it.

10. Kramer

Kramer

Hey don't forget to post more pictures. Some of us are waiting.:)

11. speedysilver

speedysilver

i didnt buy the posie spring kit i made the brakets and i am cutting a posie spring in half that i got from my uncle

12. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey SPEEDY...man don't worry about up dates.(the money thing) hell man we've all been there. acctualy that's where i live! HA! your rod is looking GOOD my friend, and i like the spider intake. 1 thing i do know, if you had the big bucks, it would allready be a finished class A hotrod! AND THAT'S A FACT!!! call me POP...or the old FART.

13. speedysilver

speedysilver

i did a-lot of the work with help from my dad and uncle, and i apoligize for not responding sooner...

14. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

Looking good...your in for alot of fun!

Attached Files:

15. speedysilver

speedysilver

yea thats the look im sort of goinng for...

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hot damn!! A real, homegrown hot rod build!!

17. speedysilver

speedysilver

yea thats just what im looking to build a real homegrown hot rod!!!

18. speedysilver

speedysilver

wow time goes quick....
    its been a while scince i have been able to update you guys but ive been a little busy with school and work.....
    just got home from back to the fiftys with a set of 39 ford split wish bones(rears) in hand and one hell of a deal on a 39 ford cut off at the front of the doors.....(with the engine and trans)
    so ill post some more pics a little later but i figured i would update ya for now...

19. speedysilver

speedysilver

hey everyone
    i know its been a while scince ive up dated ya but ive been busy. i got the rear end mocked up preety close where the final restin place will be along with the rear spring and the frame kick up all skeched up...tryin to get some motor mounts made and a final drawin of the frame kick up (with some help)....heres some pictures i took earlyer today sorry about the quality i took them with my phone...
    mike

Attached Files:

20. speedysilver

speedysilver

wow... i cant believe its been two years already....sorry about that guys ive been helping my brother with his race car and that's been taking most of my time between that and work...was in the hospital in for all of april and just getting back at it ive gotten some new parts and its definitely has changed the direction of the build...i will post some pics tomorrow but seen that it has been two years already and figured i better shoot you all a quick update...

21. Kramer

Kramer

Tomorrow has come and gone, :D where's the pics. (Sorry you were in the hospital, glad you are okay.)

22. speedysilver

speedysilver

Well folks I fail again to produce new pictures of the old t bucket project... This will be one of my last messages on this post as my car has taken a Major change in direction ( for the better )... Just tired of seeing the cookie cutter speedway motor tbuckets that weren't around when I started this project... Here's a little teaser for the changes to come!!! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378395132.428579.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Even though it is taking you some time it is good to see your not taking the easy way out.