Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trunkster build pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4bangertroy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

This is a car going together at a friends shop. The body is from parts just laying around. Its mostly model A. The body and frame have been narrowed. The gas tank and the battery are going in the trunk in back. The dash is out of a Triumph TR3. Its going to have either a flathead or a 265 chevy?? So, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. I'd say with a car that looks like that early of a build you should use the flathead if ya got it. SBC would look out of place in my opinion. I like the potters trunk. Looks cool.

3. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Thanks! We have both motors and are trying to decide which one to use.

4. 117harv

117harv

It needs a flathead, and i think it would look more correct with split front wishbones, especially with the banjo rear. What you have mocked up so far looks great keep up the progress.

5. 61falcon

61falcon

6. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Sweet... Kind like what I'm working on.. no pics but here's a run down of it...

'18-'22 Dodge Frame, paralell springs front and rear (semi eliptics in front 3/4 eliptics in back, not 1/4, 3/4, they're cool as hell).. '18-'22 Dodge Touring front half, 223 Ford 6, 3spd OD, '52 Olds Rear, '29 Pontaic Grille Shell, re corred honey comb radiator, '47 Plymouth, or '38 Chevy Dash (not sure yet).. The trunk off the back of a '26 Whippet 2dr Sedan, '36 Olds artillery wheels on bias Firestone black walls(spare behind the trunk), simple black leather wrapped bench, rubber matt on the floor, black top with side curtains, and either a deep maroon, or maybe british racing green for paint, or maybe battle ship grey, or a really dark blue... Not to sure... And I haven't decided on caps, headlights, or tail lights... And I might make things even more fun for myself and keep the trans a column shift...

Good luck with it, the mock up looks cool... I'd go with the flatty, and get a set of split bones up front... I like the dash too...

7. Bangertoy:
    Looks great but find someplace else for the battery.:rolleyes:
    Buffalo Bill.

8. Looks good so far. I like the looks of the dash also. I to like the idea of the flathead with the looks of it right now.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I think that dash looks pretty cool.

Flathead is a must.

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Trunk looks kinda cool.

Is that close to final ride height? or are you going to have to clearance the bottom for the diff?

11. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Thats pretty close to the final ride height. It will go down with the motor in it, but we shouldnt have to clearance it.

12. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

13. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

i think a v-8 60 we be cool

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

265 (Everyone has a flathead!) - I think a small displacement, late-50's V8 would also be good. Ram horns, perhaps 4 deuces if you can find a manifold? Gary

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Uhhhhh..... Flatty!! That dash is rad.

17. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

hmm... the 265 would be cheaper....
    but... the flathead would be cool

18. humpie

humpie

since you have a flathead i would use it.it would blend in with the rest of the car:D