Register now to get rid of these ads!

How am I supposed to get any work done...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J&JHotrods, Jan 8, 2010.

1. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

...with weather like this? Tired of the white crap. Couldn't take a shower this morning, shower pipes are froze up. Supposed to get down to -10 deg. tonight. They say it's going to "warm up" to 30+ deg. next week. I've had enough. Just wanted to vent........

Attached Files:

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Quit your whining. Is worse up here in the great white north....

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

It got down to 18 in Atlanta so we got to see a newsman throwing a cup of water in the air. It hit the ground.

4. 1oldrat

1oldrat

It's suppose to be cold in the winter time.I've been working in the garage,I just got my 56 wagon back from the body shop after 2 years of it sitting there and nothing getting done.We got more done in 3 nights after work than was done in a year.

5. ocfab

ocfab

yah! today is going to suck for me as well we will have a high of 75deg. today i thought i might need pants today but i took a chance and rocked the shorts today

6. mrpowderkeg

mrpowderkeg

Different parts of the country are not prepared to handle cold weather, I find it interesting that your pipes are freezing up, I suppose the homes are not built to handle the cold, and probably building codes are not developed to take in account these freak cold snaps for those down south

It reached -34F on my thermometer this morning, but we are equipped to handle the weather, car started fine. The wind chill was -52F according to the news. BUT we are equipped to handle it, our building codes take in consideration the harsh reality of winter, and our cars have block heaters, and most everyone's cars did start, no one was late for work today. Even though we may be in the deep freeze here in ND, I hope everyone can get through this cold somewhat gracefully... Good luck.

P.S. if you have a crawl space, you may be able to temporarily put some heat tape on the pipes that are freezing, it can be found at most hardware stores.

7. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

that damn global warming

8. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Don't vent! You'll let the heat out!

9. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

-8 down here on the creek,but still 37 in the garage so I'm getting to work!

10. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

It got down to 18 in Atlanta so we got to see a newsman throwing a cup of water in the air. It hit the ground.

I think thats more due to gravity than the temperature. :D

11. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

HOTROD...ever hear of florida, california, or texas. yea it's a little cold here in texas. well atleast for some of us candy asses! sorry i lost consentration while i'am setting here in the SUN drinking ice tea! HA!...POP.

12. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

thats funny, I don't car HOW cold you are..........

and, sorry, that doesn't look too bad, but like was mentioned, if it's not something your used to, it can be a drag.

13. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Heh heh...I knew I wouldn't find any sympathy.....Just got a little sand in my vag is all....

Rub it in why don't ya:D. My old guitarist who now lives in L.A. came to visit during the holidays. As we got more and more snow, I told him to humor me with an L.A. weather report-Sunny as can be in the 80's. Not funny:rolleyes:.

I can deal with cold and snow; just gotta dress accordingly. My crapshack house is poorly insulated, explaining the pipe issue. And I can't afford the bills to keep the shop heated day and night. Ok-I'm done whining.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get a snowmobile :D:D:D works for me!

15. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man get Al Gore to cut you some firewood !! move to Texas in the summer you cant paint at over 100 ! its cold here now but no snow!175 btu oilfired heater in the shop I had rather buy gas and cruise but Im buying fuel for a heater I cant drive . Man I feel your pain love my old car but I have the damn flu !!

16. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

ive never figured out why my garage is 15 degrees colder inside during the winter and 30 degrees warmer during the summer?? i need to turn that shit around somehow.

17. Ya want a little cheese with that whine?

18. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I don't like the snow either!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read it. :rolleyes: :D

20. Jay71

Jay71

-52F:eek::eek::eek:! Holy shit! How does that feel? I dont know how you guys do it up there.

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Can't let a good bitch post go without my 2 cents. I'm sitting here instead of out in the shop due to the fresh foot of snow that fell overnight and my laziness to shovel a path out there (HEY, its 200 feet between the house and shop:mad:). Actually, I've got it made by having a heated shop that's equiped to do everything "hot rod", cable TV, microwave, refrigerator bathroom, etc., etc. so feeling sorry for myself is my one remaining excuse. For some reason I don't think I'm getting through to you people. You DO feel sorry for me don't you?:rolleyes:;) I HATE WINTER!!!

Frank

22. REally, I don't know how or why some of y'all put up with that mess. It was 17 at my house this morining w/ a wind chill of 1 and I was ready to move somewhere else.

23. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

....and just imagine how cold it would be if not for global warming! HaHa

24. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Because it's poorly insulated. It's hard to believe how much insulation will cool a building in the summer, even without an HVAC system. Mine is probably ten degrees cooler than outside temps during summer afternoons.

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

My shop is just tin, it's never gets that cold here! I'm told it's going to snow tonight! I keep coming in to warm up. I have a wood burning stove and a fuel heat going and it up to 45 in the shop, yuck.....
    Snow? What's that?

26. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

It is rather chilly over the pond here too. 4 t shirts, 2 sweaters, a fleece, gloves, hat and I am still cold as hell!!

27. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Yes please. But could you heat it up a little:D? HA!!
    Yea, it's a bitch post; just reflecting on the last few weeks. Everyone is mad because the snow removal budget is depleted already. Watching the news this morning and there was a report about someone driving a city plow truck and they were being shot at. WTF??

28. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Living in Kansas is harsh enough. I can't imagine living farther north - except in the summer. Looks like we'll just barely slip out of the single digits (Fº) today. Out on the prairie, it's the wind that really gets you, though. They say it's colder than it has been for years in Wichita, so there are heating systems all over town showing their weakest link.

29. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

We finally got a little snow here, about 4", not enough to make a difference for anything really. Maybe now the guys can get their sleds out on the river and set up the dragstrip. Nothing like a nitros fed, air shifted, 1400cc, stretched out quad with 2" spikes in the tires racing a built Thundercat...and kicking his ass! They are flooding at track in the middle of town to hold snowmobile drags near the end of the month, last year somebody went 150 in th eighth mile strip. Kinda fun to watch. Lots of great stuff to do when it cools off outside, you have to take advantage of it, it only lasts a few months.

30. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

"Great white north"???? Iowa??? I didnt think that was vary far "north"