Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT/How many HAMBers play music?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Oct 26, 2004.

1. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Played for years in mid-60's inspired bands (as in the 1960's stopped in 1966) that sometimes got labeled "powerpop." Always been a staunch Vox/Fender/Rickenbaker guy. My band days are over, so I sold off my last Vox AC30. Down to an AC15, '62 Telecaster, and Vox Phantom VI.

2. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

I've got a band "The Twangshifters" we're a trio. Play all over Oregon. (I'm a guitar picker)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

These really are amazing. I love how you integrated the knobs into the pick guard on the dark double cut.

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I finally got this into the computer. This video was made in 1972 at the Central DuPage C.C. They were doing music videos for the student union. We got to do 3 songs. We were a simple bar band but worked all the time from 1970 until 1981. I'm the keyboard player.

5. kx454

kx454

i have played with the 6-string for a while, inherited a Martin acoustic from my grandfather, also have a kramer and ibanez electrics screaming through of course a marshal amp. i love it, never played in a band but jam with friends all the time...

6. I'm just learning guitar now, at 46 it's a bit of a struggle! Fortunately I have great teacher who is a quite well known folk singer in this area. I played keyboard as a kid but didn't keep it up. It's one of those things I wish I done earlier but it's never too late. I have the intro of "Pipeline" down pat though!

7. codeblu

codeblu

I play a 1947 Pan-American Tenor Trombone, been playing since 1970. My father bought it new as a kid. I had it restored in 79.

8. turney33

turney33
    from pasco,wa

sax,most woodwinds

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

Road Runner: I think you've just ruined my life! Now I have to sell off all my cars, parts and tools to buy one of those arch tops. My God! That first one you posted (acoustic w/ D'Armand pickup) is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Well, I'm junk now...

Scotty

10. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I play guitar. This is my collection. Fender 12 string (~'80), 50th anniversary USA made Fender Strat, and a Carlo Robelli electric acoustic. I play em through an old Fender twin reverb amp with the fender speakers.
    [​IMG]

The Carlo Robelli guitar I bought off of D-Day of the Hot Rod Hucksters, then I gold leafed her "6 String Sally". I love this guitar. I play it several times a day.

[​IMG]

11. artiep

artiep

Still have the Telecaster I bought when I was 20 years old (I'm 59 now). Have a Univox Les Paul, a couple of basses also.

Attached Files:

12. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I currently play drums for a metal band called Yes! Yes! Take Off Your Dress! We have been together for 3 years or so. Before that, 14 years of classical guitar mixed with a lot of blues, a little funk, and a lot of Old Style. It was funny growing up trying to listen to music because all the artists I enjoyed were dead....and all my friends favorite artists were still producing crap.

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I play Parlaphones on my Gramaphone! I played keyboards (poorly) in a garage band in 1965-67. We did Top 40 to please the crowd at the Y, and lots of Animals and Stones to please ourselves. Gary

We were heavily financed... I had a Mini-Farfisa and a Sears Silvertone! I was NOT allowed to sing. Tamborine on the side if called for.

14. Road Runner

Road Runner

Thanks! I didn't want to drill holes for the controls into the handcarved figured douglas fir top. I like using unusual woods and chose this because of its strength and sound quality, I wanted for this guitar.

Haha! It was the very first acoustic guitar I ever made, when I was 27, lived in Austin and I just had my 52 chevy truck for the first year.
    It's entirely handcarved using only traditional violin making tools and techniques, hide glue and french polished shellac. Took 350 hours to make.
    It actually sounds better than it looks. Form follows function, after all. :)

15. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

Everyone plays guitar. It takes a real man to hit the bagpipes! I play with a local band and love it. The lady next door said that everytime I play, she cries. I'm not sure if she is sentimental or if I just suck.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I thought that guitar looked familar. I dig the artwork!

17. It takes a real man to listen to them! My family is Scots and I've always liked them. In the summer the nearby town of Fergus has a piper walking across the pedstrian bridge over the river every weekend.

18. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Looks like i'm the only accordion polka player. Three albums with three different groups. Still jam every other week

19. David Chandler

David Chandler

I play the radio 24/7 in my shed. It keeps the most of the wildlife out of my projects.

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

21. realkustom51

realkustom51

My brother customcory plays a f'n mean guitar but nobody would ever know. He keeps it kinda private. Here is an old polaroid of him and his old Gold Gibson.

Attached Files:

22. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks man,that means a lot
    Paul

24. Is all my gear from the 80's now "VINTAGE"? I don't know or care, but I've got one of the first NJ series BC Rich Warlocks. I customized it so now it's worthless for resale, but I like it a lot.

25. LunaticFord

LunaticFord

I play guitar and sing in a "psychobilly" band, for lack of a better term. Fender Deluxe, 2 Teles, L-5, Gretsch 5120, J-200 flattop, banjo, learning fiddle, and the guitar in my hands over there is a mutt built from a 63 Harmony body.

26. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drumming since the age of 10. Still play 2 or 3 nights a week downstairs in the "music room" on a set of vintage Ludwig orange Vista Lites. Little guitar playing(keep the Telecaster on a stand next to the couch at all times). Great way to relax. :)

27. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Bet there aren't any other accordion players out there. I've played for about 30 years, recorded on three albums, CD's

28. BISHOP

BISHOP

29. tenebr8

tenebr8

My grass is blue. In order of non-suckiness-- harmonica, mandolin, guitar (Telecaster), dobro, mountain dulcimer.

30. M.Edell

M.Edell

Drumming for over 26 years.Formed the RevTones in 2006