Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Government Collector Auction in Utah.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mj40's, Dec 17, 2009.

1. this guy really didn't have a clue about buying vehicles! he did have the "poor taste market" cornered though. even the few that look ok in the pic's are probably questionable at best if you go by the other in the collection. gonna be some dissapointed auction goers.

2. You seem to be forgetting how our Gubment agencies work. It's most likely being handled by someones brother-in-law or such.

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

they look like odometer mileage listings to me.

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

There are several jap cars in there that aren't even availabe in the states.

How the hell would you register those?

Rich

6. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Drug money? Do people read anything anymore before posting? The guy was arrested for a white collar PONZI SCHEME! You know, robbing Peter to pay Paul type shit. Lot's of drug monies there, you can bet on it. :rolleyes:

7. NealinCA

NealinCA

This one?

[​IMG]
    1931 FORD MODEL A HI-BOY ROADSTER KIT CAR
    NO VIN FOUND
    WHITE

It is a Model A...

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

'30 - '31 looks like on deuce rails maybe.

9. I have been to a few US Marshall sales. They don't care about the stuff or what it brings, they just want it gone. Get as much money as fast as you can out of it and then get the money back to the people or in their pockets. The auctioneer is the one who is stupid here, They get a commission therefor should take the time to research the cars to get the most out of it.
    These are no reserve auctions. If that roadster on deuce rails brings $1500, it will sell. This is a very good auction to go to. The junk will be cheap as hell. The oddball stuff will be cheap as hell.

10. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Just went to the preview showing...mostly boring/cheesy/ugly. The few "hot rods" are not so good. The "rat rod" is horrible. The '70 GTO is a quick paintjob, and very UN-restored. The only cars that were interesting were the yellow Mercury (professional restoration, completed and right hand drive!) and the '68 442. Very nice, almost correct factory restoration. And the big '37 or '36 truck with the wooden bed is also very neat...it looks professionally restored with correct pieces. All in all, the majority of cars were nasty car show regulars with horrible wheels.

11. utahdodge

utahdodge

The local news just announced that the auction has been postponed due to an injunction filed by the defendant and "former" owner of the vehicles.

12. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

Anybody have an update on this.... It was planned for today? And if your going it would be interesting to see a price list for what things sold for, so we can know what we missed out on.

13. The guy has a General Lee Charger in his collection - that about says it all for his taste.

I grew up watching the Dukes, but so many Chargers were destroyed making that show it makes me sick to think about it.

14. nutajunka

nutajunka

Imagine the auctionier's take after it's done. Hmmmm, might be a new line of work with all the scaming going on...:rolleyes:

15. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

So is this our first Government barn find ?!?:eek:

16. alittle1

alittle1

So, is this auction going ahead as planned, or are the locals gobbling up the deals?

17. alittle1

alittle1

18. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This guy related to the one who was busted? :rolleyes: This is some funny shit right here....The HAMB gene pool just fell down a few notches!!!!!

19. swi66

swi66

It is not unusual for auctioneers to be not car savy.
    A collectors estate was sold nearby me a couple years ago.
    Cars sold ahead of time, but he had tons of NOS and great used parts, re-chromed parts, just amazing.
    It was put in lot piles, mixing Merc, with Caddy, with T-bird etc................no rhyme or reason. The best part was, everything was labeled! The former owner was real organized. The auctioneers just pulled the stuff off shelves and piled it. The auctioneers went through it so fast, you didn't have time to figure out what was up. I filled my pickup inside and out to the brim for under $100.
    Should have bought more............made out like a bandit on e-bay.

The widow did not make near what she should have.

The auction was listed in the paper as "large collection of old auto parts", that and household and farm equipment. Only a handfull of car people there.

20. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

It is cancelled. I had a guy call me on a car I'm selling that had come up trailer in tow and cash in hand to buy cars at the auction. Got all the way up here, went to the preview, then found out it was all canceled. I'm sure there's a few others in that same boat. That sucks.

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Translation Please????

22. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

AND HOW!!! I think jakesrakes forgot what it was that he meant to say.... but he does have a few regrets!!!!:rolleyes:

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

"s#^t" means shit.

24. sure didn't take a preview in person to see most of the cars were.... hell the guy was buying them with other peoples money and well...

25. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Years ago, I worked in a Gov motor pool. I would work the fleet auctions as often as I could. We would have impound vehicles of all types at times go thru. The auctioneers didn't always realize what they were selling. Many went for reasonable prices, some went nuts. This one may be handled by the low bidder company. Not always the brightest bulb on the tree. Should be an interesting sale when it happens.

26. Crestliner

Crestliner

I thought i was the only one.

27. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Meet the auctioneers...
    [​IMG]

Nuff said.

28. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

They must sell meth where ever Hell is.
    Looks more like a senator with a couple of "aids"

29. alsancle

alsancle

Am I the only one here who is wondering how they can sell the guy's crap (And I guess it really is crap) when he hasn't been convicted of anything yet?

30. I like that little nissan figaro... never seen one of those before....