Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats cooler? PICS ADDED: '32 Henry steel sedan or '32 Brookville roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by qzjrd5, Dec 23, 2009.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ok, since no one else has said it yet..."Are you out of your fucking mind?" :) ...SEDAN!

edit: wouldn't you know I'd type this just as you said you wanted the sedan.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Weasel

Weasel

Absolutely the right decision and one I'll sure you will not regret. I hope it all works out for you.

As an aside, one of my all time favorite Deuce tudor sedans is the Fjastad/Carl Von Hofgaarden car, full fendered with blown 392 hemi. I cannot find any photos to share but it was one of the Deuce 75th anniversary picks.

3. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

I TOLE YA, nice car!!

4. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Gotta build that sedan, they were only built one year, 1932, they stamp reproduction Brookvilles everyday. You can buy one next year after you build the Sedan.......:)

5. deucemanab

deucemanab

Glad you went for the sedan,have one and really enjoy it.

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Look up Larry Hoffman in Troy. He has a nice one almost done. He must be close to you. Yes, he has a roadster and a 3 window also.

Attached Files:

7. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

I had the same choice and I chose a sedan.

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I think I saw the Fjastad deuce at the Art Chrisman open house. If it's not the original it sure is dam close.

9. spununit

spununit

I think you would have to be a retard to ask a question like that in relation to that car. I would have hand cuffed my self to the bumper until the deal was done!

I always wonder about someone's sanity when I see posts/threads on here about what should i do? what should I buy? What wheels? what engine blah blah blah.

Do what you want because you want to not what you think every one else wants!

For fucks sake man! When you see a rare chance to go to the top shelf, take it! I think I just blew a gasket!

10. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

After coming back to this thread and seeing the pics I would have to say that had I found that sedan, this thread would have been titled. Pics of my "new" deuce sedan............forget the Brookville body, I sincerely hope you have bought this sedan by now, and please keep the fenders on it......

11. I'd take the Sedan but as you can see I'm somewhat prejudiced.

12. rick goetz

rick goetz

There's no question in my mind what's cooler. The original Henry built deuce is. Anybody with money can buy a Brookville. If you end up buying the Brookville when you could have had the real thing you have made a big mistake.

13. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

See Dan.
    CDan.
    Sedan.

14. showdude

showdude

I have to agree with fogger. I built a roadster and i felt very verniable.Its a strange felling so i sold it and buit a 5 window.I love it good luck.

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

whoa, what a gorgeous sedan..

16. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

my criteria since I am old. Do you want to own and drive an ACTUAL old hot rod? With that sedan you can, and you will feel what it actually was all about. To start with I had an old 2dr had 48 ford hydraulic brakes bought it without a motor, installed a 265 chevy, 39 trans, 15 " wheels and rest was stock drove it everywhere. never had a problem with it. this was in 58. I would luv to have another one again.

17. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Good choice! Sedans rock!

18. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Just a quick update here guys - I am still waiting to pick up the Sedan.

Maybe by this weekend. But maybe not till the end of the month. I am a very impatient dude at the moment. :rolleyes:

Hope to have better news and pics soon!

Mike

19. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Glad to hear you're picking up the C-Dan.

We have fun in all our cars, but always end up in the Tudor...

20. fryguy

fryguy

really with all this kit car BS?! I guess we need to tell Jim Inglese he built a nice 'kit car' with the "Full House" Roadster.

[​IMG]

21. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Hope all goes well picking up the sedan.

You can always recoup some of your investment by selling me that ol' 4 cylinder...

22. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

Hey man at the end of the day it is your money buy what you want. A real henry j would be my choice though.

23. andyg

andyg

keep up posted...and remember, it'll either work out or it won't!:eek:

24. erlomd

erlomd

the way I see it....like it matters (i guess to me it does...) is build what your truely going to enjoy more 1st...then in the futre build the 2nd thing that makes your eyes all watery....of course an original anything is better than a reproduction....so I try to look at original vs. copy as in motorcycles, choppers, and bobbers....they mostly all use reproduction harley based frames but in the end, they aint no harley....its a chopper!...just like when your done with your project it aint a ford no more...its a coupe, a roadster, a sedan, hoped up jalopy or hot rod....with all the other nicknames and titles....thats the way I look at it...it makes life simple...at least to me and my damn pointless opinions to some....

25. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

I'd have to say even though henry steel is cool, i would much rather be in a roadster, since i've always wanted one and still do. But in the end it matters what you would rather be driving and having more fun with, not what's cooler.