Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your music (just slightly o/t)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by menacekustoms, Jan 5, 2010.

1. FiddyEffie

FiddyEffie

slickblack cadillac from quiet riot is a good one.

i listen to a lot of metal so some of the old timers wouldn't have heard of them haha (i.e. psycroptic, nile, aborted, cephalic carnage)

for the most part i just listen to conservative talk radio

2. Hambone64

Hambone64

How is GG Allin music to anyone's ears? i had never heard of him until I read this post and then looked him up. What a scumbag weird, no-talent white trash mother fucker that guy was. Eww. But rock on. Not everybody digs on Conway Twitty either.

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Sabbath.....is cool but not "working " music

4. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

LMAO!
    Yeah, Lightfoot is pretty good. Incredible songwriter.

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

Some days I am blasting the Stray Cats or other Rockabilly all the way from the original stuff to the modern Psychobilly. Some days it is Hair Metal, Some days it is early Aerosmith, Early KISS, VAN HALEN (Roth era only), could be the Beatles, Johnny Cash.........I am a music junkie. Some days it is a little of everything.

6. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

George Thorogood, Dick Dale, or Houndog Taylor!

7. LowFat48

LowFat48

Mark Knopfler or The Tragically Hip usually work for me

8. samuelj

samuelj

when cruising .... early santana, early metallica, judas priest (ram it down), and for a change of pace, nightwish

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Rush ( yes I said that out loud ) Sabbath,,Old Country ( old truck driver stuff ) 60's rock

Classical Bach,etc

whatever best suits teh mood

11. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

12. jez95xj

jez95xj

Social D, the Rev, decendents, bad religion, old bar country music, split lip rayfield, ministry, suicidle tendencies, pantera, Helmet, blues, beastie boys. as long as I like it I will listen to it LOUD.... SORRY neighbors

13. Can I say "Rat Pack" here? :eek:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I think it's a generation thing, what we listen to. ​

Old 50s&60s pop is something I like, along with classic country - the REAL stuff - Jones, Wagonner, Arnold, Cash, Pride, early Haggard... But also nearly any "before-they-ruined-AmericanR&R-(Beatles)" rock & roll like Berry, Lewis, Little Richard, Dion & the Belmonts etc. And can't leave out some Bluegrass & Western Swing too.

14. Man, I love it! I thought I was the only person with serious musical ADD! I switch it up alot. I go from modern day metal (which my wife hates) to the Dropkick Murrphys, to Johnny Cash, and then to Green Day. I love a lot of these suggestions. I guess it boils down to what you grew up with too in many ways. I took a lot of road trips with my grandparents, so I really dig on big band stuff too. My parent's were really into classic rock, so I love Rush and Tom Petty and Neil Young. And I grew up in the grunge era, so Pear Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, STP and the like. I just really don't like poppy bubble gum crap from any era of music. Thanks to everyone for their input! This thread really made me smile today!

15. Just Jones

Just Jones

A man with fine tastes - add The Blasters, Hank III, Flogging Molly, Drive By Truckers - I could go on for days.

Greasy cars need greasy music.

16. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Daggone, am I the only Banjo bangger around here?

17. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

18. last g-man

last g-man

Johnny Cash, Tony Bennet, Tragically Hip, Dean Martin, Josh White, Web Wilder, Wayne Hancock, Vaughn Bros, Kingsnakes, Iko Iko, Link Wray, Bessie Smith, Radney Foster, Steely Dan, Alman Bros, Canned Heat, Ray Charles, Iguanas, Count Basie, John Hiatt, Leroi Bros, Brian Eno, John Hammond, Guy Forsyth, Buddy Guy, Mavericks, Robbie Robertson, Lyle Lovett, AC/DC, Elvis Costello, Tull, Lonnie Mack, Elvis [THE], John Lee Hooker, John Mayall, Talking Heads, S.C.O.T.S., Zappa, Robt. Earl Keen Jr., Sinatra, Tito & Tarantula, Squeeze, Asleep at the Wheel, Cracker, Shannon Curfman, Blazers, Charlie Robison, Commander Cody, Charlie Musselwhite, Sue Foley, Joe Ely, Johnny Winter, Blasters, Delbert McClinton, Amos Garrett, Danny Gatton, Dire Straits, Omar and the Howlers, Robt. Gordon, Dion, Junior Brown, Black Crowes...........................................Red Foley at the moment. Hmmmmmm, who'd I forget??

Ed

19. Larry T

Larry T

When I'm working on detail work (and it seems like 75% of putting a car together is detail work), something slow and easy.
    Right now Blue Jean Blues/ZZ Top is playing.
    But, I don't guess it's all blues, just depends on my mood.
    Larry T

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  20. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Alice Cooper, Ted, Skynrd, S.C.O.T.S, Ventures, in the box now, on and on and on

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Then there is always the greatest female vocalist to ever grace this shitty world........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05vqWQzciQQ

This performance at Monterey Pop was akin to Dean Moon unleashing the Moonrail on the unsuspecting poms in the 60s. Blew there minds and changed the way things were for ever out side of Frisco.

Doc.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Junior Kimbrough! :cool:

23. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Thanks man, I try. lol

24. for me its stuff like linkin park remixes rob zombie remixes.. metal with some thumpin beats lol :-D

25. gr855

gr855

I like the oldies 50's 60's and some 70's

26. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Psychobilly, traditional and modern rockabilly, a lot of older punk, stoner rock, a little indie/alt rock, and maybe a little metal or classic rock thrown in usually round out my listening pleasure. Good call on Deadbolt.

27. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Good blues for a meticulous project, and real Rock n Roll if were thrashin on a project.

28. X2 :D :D ...and a little SRV or ZZ Top too.

29. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

30. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Great band!