Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your music (just slightly o/t)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by menacekustoms, Jan 5, 2010.

1. So I was driving to Del Taco (gotta love Taco Tuesday), and I was listening to some music. I was overcome with the desire to rush home and work in the garage! My question is; What music moves you guys? Is there certain music you listen to in the shop? Is there certain music that you have to listen to while cruising? Music and hot rods are so intertwined, I really wanna know about your guys' and gals' musical influences.

BTW, I was listening to a mix of Kyuss, FU Manchu and Black Sabbath.

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Fu ManChu & Sabbath always do it for me.Working or cruising!

3. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

GG Allin and the criminal Quartet

4. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

charlie feathers & the human expression

5. DrJ

DrJ

I was just listening to Tito Puente on the way back from the store.

Afro-Cuban Jazz, any Jazz, is good stuff!

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

During rush hour traffic... EARLY Metallica

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I like the early electric guitar stuff, particularly instrumentals. 50's, 60's up to the Sgt. Pepper era. I consider that a mark of when music took a turn in the wrong direction. Actually, it's about the same time that I think American cars started going downhill too.

8. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Right there with ya Rick. I am building a library of instumental guitar (Dick Dale, Link Wray, etc) just to play in the shop as it seems to be the music that keeps me on track.

9. Alternative rock,it used to be called rock but pop music ruined rock.

10. Master of None

Master of None

Depends on the day sometimes..old country Cash, Conway,Hank Williams sr.. to early Metallica, Stones, Black Label society.. and other days Buddy Holly,Beach Boys, Everly Brothers.. Its kinda a weird atmosphere sometimes. Lol

11. hoodrich56

hoodrich56

stevie ray texas flood in the morning .megadeath rust in piece at night

12. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Social Distortion!!!

13. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I used to work with a guitarist for the jabbers, Rob. GG ALLAN...least I'm not the only demented rodder

14. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

I love to cruise and work to Bluegrass when everything is going good. I take notions for old country, old rock, southern rock, southern gospel, contemporary Christian, etc... I'm somewhat of a musician, and I admire all tasteful genres. I take it by spells, I think I'm shifting from a bluegrass mood to a classic rock mood right now. Crazy huh?

15. Rancid, Social D, Rev Horton Heat, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes- for working
    for driving- 6 Days on the Road, the Sawyer Brown cover

16. Been playing the new Skynyrd CD "God & Guns" to death lately. Certainly their best with the new lineup, likely one of their best ever.

17. autobilly

autobilly

That is a brilliant album!

18. guiseart

guiseart

19. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

it depends on the project, if I'm doin something "traditional" I like to listen to oldies. When cruisin, lowrider oldies. To get mota-vated I like the old school punk rock, TSOL, CIRCLE JERKS,SUICIDAL etc.

20. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Eh rock and roll been goin' downhill ever since Buddy Holly died

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i'm pretty much sick of hearing a lot of the old punk stuff (yeah this from the guy with operation ivy and dead kennedys tattoos) and have realized that classic rock is the only way to roll....

i'll take " i can't quit you baby" over "i want to fuck the dead" any day....

yes, zepplin and tsol references.

haha. just kidding, i like it all......

22. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

a little different from the above....The Super Furry Animals (psychedelic indie rock)

23. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

70's AM rock, with lots of Canadian content.
    Yes...I'm a sick puppy. :D

24. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

A men to that!:cool:
    I know lot's like the new sounds,but most of it sounds like I can't get the radio tune in right or my speakers are broke. Been sounding that from 1965 to now.

25. JAZZ, mariachi music, Real traditional country (Hank Snow, H Williams, SR, Bob Wills, etc), Cubian, anything but that DAMN Hippy music

26. fanspete

fanspete

SRV, Dean Martin, Richard Johnston, Eddie L. Smith, Thin Lizzy, Balaam and The Angel are in the player right now.

27. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

lots of different stuff. anthing from classic rock (eagles, boston, journey, reo speedwagon, styx, beatles, elo, bto, crosby stills nash and young, steve miller band, bob seger, etc...) up to newer rock (blink 182, billy talent, avenged sevenfold, system of a down, serj tankian, metallica, kid rock, bayside..etc)

sometimes i break out the frank sinatra though..good times

28. 427c.i.

427c.i.

29. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

Ok my 2 cents worth here ... If workin' on a Hot rod has to be Southren Rock , skynyard , segar , eagles , 38 special shit like that if I turn on old cuntry within 3 songs I'm drunk and can't work so if it's work I'm after S.R is my choice

30. On the jobsite, I crank anything from Operation Ivy and Rancid on the Milwakee site radio, to johnny cash and stevie ray. While cruising, about the same thing lol. Dropkick Murphys is also good blue colar working mans music, especially if you're Irish. ;)